Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - April 8

No matter how sad or how lonely you feel right now, remember this: God is only a prayer away.

Saying “thank you” to God is never a wasted effort.

God is always with us — whatever our circumstances.

God gives us strength to handle today’s storms.

When we serve others, we are serving Christ.

It becomes a hard life when we pray to God for all sorts of help but we won't be quiet, sit back, and listen for the answers God provides. Don't dominate the conversation: Be silent and listen a little. In other words, meditate. Quiet down and observe your life. --John-Roger

No matter what we have done, God always offers us the chance to begin anew. Knowing that God grants us a new beginning, we, too, can look at our parents, our children, our partner or our friends, anyone with whom we've had some distance, and say, "Let's have a new beginning." Love is greater than any of our mistakes. --Mary Manin Morrissey

God makes me strong. I see myself as I really am - strong. With God's help, I am not weak. I have what it takes. Thank you God for my strength.

God is love, God is all.

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

Talk to God -- He always listens.

Where Is Your Treasure? by Tom
Jesus often talked to His disciples and interested followers about the danger of becoming too attached to the physical things of the world. In the midst of increasing opposition to His teaching and the cross that loomed on the horizon, Jesus reminded His disciples of importance of maintaining their focus on what was (and is) really important (Luke 12:22-34).
He begins by explaining the futility of worrying (12:22-26). Don’t worry about your life, your food, your body, or your clothing. Birds are cared for by the Father. You are much more valuable than the birds. Worrying does not change anything, so don’t worry about these things.
In 12:27-31 He uses the flowers that grow in the fields as an example of God’s care and provision. The lilies do nothing but grow. God takes care of them. The pagan world worries about these things, you don’t need to because the Father knows what you need. So seek His Kingdom and these things will be provided.
Then, in 12:32-33 He reminds them that there is no reason to fear. What a great reminder for us in this age where fear is promoted as the natural way of life! Focus on helping the poor and not focusing on your possessions. Focus on Kingdom things, not earthly things. Kingdom things cannot be destroyed. Earthly things can be. So, examine your heart to see what’s there.
Now the question: Where is your treasure?
Worry, anxiety and fear come as a result of making our treasure the things of this world. Do worry, anxiety and fear describe you? Then, your treasure is in the wrong place. Your heart is focused on stuff.
The remedy? Get rid of some of it. Give some of it away to those who really need it. The more you have the more you want and the more you want the more you worry about hanging on to it. It is a vicious cycle. I know that sounds idealistic in our world of “give me more,” but it is God’s way that will bring us peace and calm.
What are the things that you really treasure? What is that you hold on to so tightly? What is it that occupies and preoccupies so much of your time and energy trying to protect and maintain? What are the things that you believe will give you peace and provide security? What is it that you think about when you wake up in the middle of the night? What weighs on you most heavily when just before you drift off to sleep at night? Stuff? Clothes? Food? Your physical health?
Jesus wants us to know that there is a better way. When our focus in Him and on His Kingdom all that stuff that we need He will provide. Many of us have more that we can use. Our refrigerators and pantries are over stocked. Our garages are so full we cannot park our car(s) in them. Our closets are full of clothes we never wear. Our schedules are over-booked and our minds are over-loaded. Stress, hypertension, and panic attacks are common ailments that plague us and increase or levels of stress, hypertension, and panic attacks.
When will it stop? Today would be good time. Change your focus. Exchange your treasure for new treasure. The things that matter to God. Let Him be the manager of your life. Let go of some of the control. Put Him in charge. He is already in charge, so let Him. Stop worrying and start enjoying. Where is your treasure?

The Parable of the Three Trees Author Unknown
Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said,
"Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."
Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."
Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."
After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter" and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
At the second tree a woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.
When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true.
One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree so I'll take this one", and he cut it down."
When the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for.
The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end. The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark. The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.
Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree.
The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time.
Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and said "Peace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.
Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it.
When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill.
When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.
The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined.
We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

Finding Solitude by Ruth Schwenk, from Pressing Pause
One of the greatest things you can do for your own soul is find solitude. - Ruth Schwenk
After He had dismissed them, He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. Later that night, He was there alone. — Matthew 14:23
I had just sat down on the couch. Finally! The day was over. I popped open my laptop to check a few e-mails and read the news. The kids were in bed. Silence. And then my alone time was over. “Mom? Mom? Mom, I’m thirsty!” My youngest daughter’s voice pierced my solitude. My alone time was over before it started!
Motherhood is demanding, isn’t it?
Oftentimes our day begins with a little one pulling at us, anxious to wake up and start the day. Even nights aren’t sacred or off limits with kids.
A nightmare startles your son or daughter awake. The flu hits. Someone wets the bed.
Motherhood is anything but easy. And it’s far from quiet. All of the demands can be draining. What mom hasn’t wanted to lock herself in the bathroom for a few minutes of peace and quiet?!
Whether you're a parent or not, you can take comfort in knowing that even Jesus, God in the flesh, needed solitude. He, too, knew the busyness of a life in demand. People were always pulling and tugging at Him. The needs were endless. And so He routinely withdrew to “lonely places” (Luke 5:16). He got away. Slowed down. In all of the giving, He got away to be fed by His Father.
Jesus knew and practiced the discipline of solitude.
Before He started His public ministry, He spent forty days in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11). Before making important decisions, like choosing the twelve disciples, He spent time alone (Luke 6:12; Mark 1:35). After some of His miracles, He found solitude (Matthew 14:23; Luke 5:16). And, of course, just before Jesus would go to the cross for our sins, He spent some time alone with His Heavenly Father (Matthew 26:36-46).
Are you feeling worn-out right now? There’s no guilt in getting away. Solitude is a gift God gives us so we can recharge and refill. If we don’t spend time away and time alone, the self-neglect can be dangerous.
One of the greatest things you can do for your own soul is find solitude.
Father, give me time today to be alone with You. Give me the wisdom to carve out space and time to stop. Help me to push pause and be quiet. Refresh me today. Renew my strength. Pour into me so that I can pour out to my family. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Do you ever feel guilty for wanting some alone time? Why?
Where in your schedule will you carve out solitude this week? Even ten minutes count.
Jesus was purposeful about His solitude. What can you do during your times of solitude to truly recharge?
Your Turn: It’s not just moms who need solitude and peace with Jesus in order to be refueled. When and how are you getting away alone to a quiet place? Are you? When can you carve out some time today to turn everything off, be alone with God and be recharged?

Get Up and Pray by Tom Norvell
Just before the last leg of His journey to the cross, Jesus spent time praying in the garden. He asked His friends to stay near and pray with him. They stayed but they fell asleep. When He finds them sleeping He expresses both frustration and concern for them, when He says, “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. ‘Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.’” (Luke 22:46, NIV)
Maybe you have heard those words yourself. I have. It is the middle of the night, or maybe very early in the morning. What sleep you have gotten has been restless and really pretty unrestful. You had a lot on your mind when you laid down, but knew you needed to rest. So you tried. You tossed. You turned. You wrestled with your pillow, the covers, and looked at the clock dozens of times. Finally, you hear the Lord say, “Get up and pray.”
So you do. You go to your spot. Your study. Your living room. The closet. Maybe the bathroom. You go there and you pray. You open your journal, or you get on your knees. You lay it all out before the Lord. “Lord, this is what is own my mind. I don’t don't know how to say it, so I’ll just lay it out.”
You tell Him what you are worried about. You tell Him why you are sad. You tell Him about the conversation you had the day before that you cannot put to rest. You talk to Him about your marriage, your children, your job, your frustrations, your dreams, your desires, and your needs. You get it all out. Then, you say, “So there it is Lord. All of it. I don’t know what to do with it so I’m giving it to you.”
You take a few deep breaths, go back to your bed, put your head on your pillow and fall back to sleep for another hour to two. Or, you get ready and go out to face the day. Now, you feel like you can face the day.
Before you go out to face the day there is one more thing that Jesus mentions that we should not overlook. He said, “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.” No doubt His instruction reminded them of the prayer He had shared with them earlier when He prayed: “And lead us not into temptation,” (Matthew 6:13).
Jesus knew what was ahead for His friends. He knew that within a short time they would be confronted with the reality of His arrest, trial, and crucifixion. He knew that as things digressed confusion and fear would seize them. He knew they would be tempted, that most would desert Him, and that others be filled with confusion.
Jesus also knew that eventually, after His Resurrection, they would be reunited, restored, and commissioned to spread His story throughout the world. As messengers of the Way they would face severe opposition and persecution. Not only had He promised that He would always be with them, but now instructs them to pray for themselves that they would not fall into temptation.
If it was important for Jesus to remind His disciples to avoid temptation, maybe we should consider doing the same. Maybe as we express our gratitude for all God does for us asking Him to supply our needs, we should also ask Him to help us not fall into temptation.
On any given day we can be faced the temptation of compromising our ethics in business, tempted to lose control of our anger, give in to temptation, or give up on our faith. On any given day we can be tempted pass judgment on a co-worker, cheat on our taxes, take advantage of the vulnerable, or abuse alcohol or drugs. Temptations are all around us.
Remember the words from Paul, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” (1 Peter 5:8-9, NIV)
Temptation is real. It is possible to resist it. The ability to resist may begin when we “Get up and pray so that we will not fall into temptation.” You have read these words, now, maybe you need to “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.”

He Makes the Flowers Grow by Elizabeth Sherrill
On my morning walks I always pass a little roadside cafe nestled in a spectacular garden setting. For years, I've stopped to stare at it and enjoy its beauty, nearly an acre of color changing with the seasons. I've often thought that anyone could have a garden like that, if we only had the same gardening staff employed by this restaurant.
But I'd always walked by too early to see any of the staff at work. One day, however, I couldn't get out for my walk until the afternoon. As I passed the cafe, I saw an elderly man emerge from a garden shed, carrying a tray of begonias. Seeing me as I stood there appreciating the garden, he invited me over for a closer look. I asked him if he was the Head Gardener.
He shook his head and replied, "Just the assistant."
He explained that he had arrived here 27 years ago, from Hungary, and went to work at the cafe as their cleaning man. In his free time, he tended the restaurant's potted geraniums. At that time they were the only flowers in the garden.
When he saw that the geraniums thrived, the owner allowed his custodian to plant some rosebushes.
My puzzlement grew as this old gardener explained to me how, year after year, he'd plant just a little more. A lilac here, a marigold there, a patch of tulips near the parking lot, until the garden had become the showplace it is today.
And I asked wonderingly, if he had done all this, "what does the Head Gardener do?"
The old Hungarian smiled and looked heavenward, then happily said, "He makes the flowers grow."

I’m Going To Change by Melinda Clements
I’m going to change. More than that, God is going to help me change. He is helping me grow and be a better person. My past ended a minute ago and I’m looking ahead to new beginnings and a new hope in all God is.
I’m going to be kinder and less critical. I’m going to be less vocal and listen more. I’m going to talk Jesus to every single person I meet.
I’m going to be more joyful and not operate so much on emotions and circumstances. I’m going to claim God’s blessing in my life and let him work a miracle in me.
I’m going to smile and see Jesus in every face I meet.
I’m going to stop and think before I open my mouth in order to ensure my words are uplifting, loving, compassionate and forgiving.
I’m going to share and give to those in need. I’m going to find joy in my life regardless of what happens or why.
I’m going to try harder to understand nothing is impossible for those who believe God is all he promises he will be. I’m going to spend more time with those I love and to keep a promise when I make one.
I’m going to remember and practice prayer. It is, after all, my chosen time to spend time with my Savior. I’m going to pray for the leaders of this nation despite disagreeing with them. I cannot change anything, but God can change everything.
I’m going to sit quietly and listen when others need a shoulder to lean on. I want to be supportive, sympathetic and encouraging to the cross others carry and not be so critical and judgmental. I’m going to try and grasp that I’m never too old to learn something new and remember that God works in unusual and strange ways. I’m going to be receptive and approachable and try to remember that we are all works in progress.
I’m going to be more forgiving and hopefully, with God's help, I can put it all behind me and learn from every single thing that happens. I’m going to remember I’m not perfect but through God I can do all things.
I’m going to change. Thank goodness God considers me a work in progress. I know I have a ways to go but God considers me valuable and wants me to meet my potential. He sees value in me and is willing to spend time on me and with me. His commitment to me is 100% and I’m placing all my hope on that.
Remember God doesn’t make junk and he is helping me change. He’ll help you change, too, if you will let him.

The Stethoscope
A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones' chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own hearts.
Their eyes would always light up with awe. But she never got a response to equal four-year-old David's. She placed the disk over his heart. "Listen," she said, "what do you suppose that is?"
He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up, as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap-tap-tapping deep in his chest.
Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin. "Is that Jesus knocking?" he asked.
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be on the lookout for weapons formed against your soul, particularly your emotions. The enemy wants to not only distract you from spiritual endeavors, but wants to disable your desire to walk in the Spirit. Watch particularly for depression, condemnation, frustration and outrage. You will feel completely justified in allowing these expressions to manifest, but it would not be in your best interest, says the Lord. Exercise self-control. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me, says the Lord.

Consider what I have given to you, says the Lord, the knowledge and wisdom of My word and the power of My presence. Guard closely the purity of My Spirit within you and do not cast your pearls before swine. Exercise your discernment to know when to speak and when to shut up. Let Me lead you in all things. Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Refuse to allow your life to be defined by loss and grief. Push through to new horizons and possibilities of what can be rather than getting stuck in what has been. You will have opportunities to bring positive definition to your life by coming to an understanding of what it truly means to have your life hidden in Me, says the Lord. Colossians 3:1-3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Define that feeling of restlessness. When you do, you will find that there is something you need to do or consider doing. It is a nudge to get you moving in the right direction. Quiet your inner being so that you can allow Me to show you the way you should go, says the Lord. Rise up in confidence that I am your very present help. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Watch for opportunities to help someone else. I speak to nations of people who have become self-focused and concerned about their own needs and desires. I would have you deliberately rise above selfishness to develop kindness and generosity. Remember that reward always exceeds sacrifice, says the Lord. You will not regret becoming a giver. Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

Things that have been out of order that you have not yet dealt with have kept you from complete spiritual liberty. Be obedient in taking care of the things that I bring to your attention, and you will discover greater freedom. You will experience the anointing of ease as you position yourself to flow with the moving of My Spirit, says the Lord. Colossians 2:5 For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

Your time of transition will be over soon. Just a few more points of preparation will put you in a position of moving ahead. Take a solid stand of faith and trust in Me, says the Lord, and face the final steps of this process with patience, assurance, and certainty that My will is being accomplished in your circumstances. 2 Timothy 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Take stock of your life before moving ahead. You have been able to correct many of the things that have held you back, but there are still things to be done. You will need to address old habits and patterns of behavior that continue to keep you in bondage. This work must be done honestly and internally before you can put the past behind you once and for all, says the Lord. Be strong and resolute. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Take advantage of opportunities to be creative--in your thinking process and problem solving and in artistic expression. There is extraordinary grace at this time to do things beyond your normal routine. Allow My Spirit to heighten your senses and abilities, says the Lord. This is a new day of adventuring with Me. Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

For those of you who feel like your life has stalled out or is going nowhere, you have been in a time of distillation. This was a particular test and necessary in finding and understanding the essence of who you are. You can now go forward with greater purity and efficiency because of this valuable spiritual process, says the Lord. Prepare for greater things. Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

I know the difficulties that you face and the dilemmas that you encounter, and I want you to be aware that I am with you to give you wisdom and direction in every decision. But, you must deliberately seek Me in all things. Let Me show you the way that you should go, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
It is written and it is true, that greater is He that lives in you than he that is ruler over this world. For I have come to live in you; to empower you; to encourage you that you will always have victory if you will join yourself to Me and to My purposes. For, the power of the kingdom is to be made manifest in you. The joy of the kingdom is to be seen in you. The peace of the kingdom is to come upon you. Arise now; arise and march on with full assurance that I am with you and I will never leave you. You will come through into the glory and the manifest destiny that I have for you, My beloved. Let resurrection power flow through you and let it bring that which is needed. Be renewed, healed and strengthened. Come into eternal life and joy for it is My kingdom, says the Most Holy.

Many people, prophets, teachers of the word, have made My Kingdom very complicated and perplexing. And, many people come to the understanding in and of themselves they cannot do the things they are supposed to do. But, I say unto you today, all you have to do is be full of Me. Be full of My Holy Spirit. Make an effort to be one with Me and find the power of the Spirit that lives within you. Let Him lead and guide you, and let Him dominate your life. Let Him be in control of your life rather than trying to be in control of it yourself, says the Lord.

Now comes the season of the prophesied blessing. This blessing shall come upon you because you have been determined to go through. You have fought the good fight of faith. You have demonstrated a remarkable perseverance in this last season. You have held fast to My word. You have used the weapons that I have given you. You are about to enter into the season of great blessing that will extend beyond your wildest dreams and the imaginations of your heart. These are the days of the demonstration of My kingdom, and I will demonstrate the kingdom through you. You have believed and therefore you shall receive, says the Lord God Most Holy.

My Hand in God's Hand by Florence Scripps Kellogg
Each morning when I wake, I say,
"I place my hand in God's today!"
I know He'll walk close by my side
my every wandering step to guide.
He leads me with the tenderest care
when paths are dark and I despair,
no need for me to understand
if I but hold fast to His Hand.
My hand in His! No surer way
to walk in safety through each day.
By His great bounty I am fed!
Warmed by His love, and comforted.
When at day's end I seek my rest
and realize how much I am blessed,
My thanks pour out to Him, and then
I place my hand in God's again.

An Inspiring Alphabet Author Unknown
Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in happy giving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without God's love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking God for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of Self Complaining
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Pray can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To thank is a command
Until we get blessings
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
Xpect from God most high
Yes, there will be good times and will be bad, but...
Zzzz peacefully at night... when you're blessed in dream!

Have no fear, for I am with you; do not be looking about in trouble, for I am your God; I will give you strength, yes, I will be your helper; yes, my true right hand will be your support. Isaiah 41:10

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

"Give thanks in all circumstances hold fast to what is good." ​​​​​​​1 Thessalonians 5:18-21

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:6-12

6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 46-8

Paul wrote, “[The Lord] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. - Matthew 17:20

JESUS IS ENOUGH by Tom Norvell
Louie Giglio says, “Jesus has enough, is enough, and will be enough.” At first glance will probably say, “Amen. I agree with that.” But, back up and read it again. Do you really agree with that?
“Jesus has enough.” Sure He does. He’s the Son of God. He was with God in the beginning. He has all power. He has all wisdom. He has all knowledge. There are several places where in His own world He claimed to be the Son of God. Some of the religious people of His day had trouble with that claim, but their disbelief did not distract Him from His mission. There is even one place in the Bible where He is described as “…being in very nature God…” (Philippians 2) So, sure I agree that Jesus has enough.
“Jesus is enough.” Hmmm. That may be a little more difficult. Can you really say that Jesus is enough? Do you trust Him enough to not need anything or anyone else?
Maybe you can relate to these words from Larry Crab.
"God, I don't know how to come to you. I need to know you, to sense your presence, to feel your love, more than anything else. But, I don't know what to do. Every path I follow leads back to me. I must find the way to you! I know you're all I have. But I don't know you well enough for you to be all I need. Please let me find you." [Larry Crabb, The Importance of Finding God, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, 1993, p. 25.]
On one occasion Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14) Of course you know Jesus should be enough, and you wish He was, but sometimes you find it difficult to say that He is.
“Jesus will be enough.” It’s not a huge leap of understanding to realize that if it is sometimes difficult to consistently believe that Jesus is enough now, it may also be difficult to stay convinced that He will be enough in the future. It may be difficult to believe that He will be all I need. But you keep telling yourself that He is enough and that He will be all you need. Deep down you know it. There are no doubts, but then life turns against you, the breaks go to the other guy, or the other lady gets the job, or the other couple’s kid gets the scholarship. When then? Will Jesus be enough then?
“Jesus has enough, is enough, and will be enough.” That is true for Louie Giglio. It can be true for you. It won’t always be easy. There will be times when your confidence will waver, when your faith will grow weak, and when your trust will fail.
Confidence like that of Louie Giglio is the result of being challenged and overcoming the challenge. It comes by learning from you failures. It comes by taking note of the doors that God opens, the strength He provides, the wisdom you gain. It comes as a result of seeing God work in your friends, in your family, and even in the lives of those dislike and may disagree with. You can have a faith like that. You can believe that, “Jesus has enough, is enough, and will be enough.” Then, you will be able to help others believe that, “Jesus has enough, is enough, and will be enough.”

Gracious God, thank you for the gifts and talents you have bestowed. Help us to use them in your service. Am

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 9
1 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. 3 When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence. 4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right. 5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever. 6 O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them. 7 But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. 8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. 9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. 11 Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings. 12 When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble. 13 Have mercy upon me, O Lord; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death: 14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation. 15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
16 The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah. 17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. 18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. 19 Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. 20 Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Dear Lord, may we never forget that you are the source of our every blessing. We pray as Jesus taught us, saying, “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil” (Luke 11:2-4, KJV). Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply