Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default New Isn’t Always Comfortable

New Isn’t Always Comfortable by Marilyn Ehle

“(What I have done in the past) is nothing compared to what I’m going to do! I’m going to do a brand new thing.”
Isaiah 43:18-19 (Life Application Bible)

As we contemplate the freshness of a new year, we’re tempted to quickly rejoice over God’s words to Israel. Who would not want to be part of God’s “brand new thing”? We get excited as we pray for and anticipate a new work of God in our lives and in the world.

Anyone who has ever worn beautiful new shoes, however, may wish to think carefully about the possible consequences of new things. The shoes looked so good when we tried them on, and we even made sure they were the right size, but walking all day in that new purchase frequently gives us second thoughts. And all of us who start a new diet know that discouragement frequently settles in around the third day!

It is right and good to ask for God’s new things, but are we ready for the sacrifices that may accompany the blessing? Does commitment accompany the request? The new thing that God began in the life of the Apostle Paul on the Damascus road would take him into hostile cities, over stormy seas and through many prison cells. He learned to say “I press on” long after the newness had worn off.

Father, my heart is stirred when I think of all the new things you want to do in and through me, but help me understand that following you is a lifetime decision. Thank you for staying with me even when the days are long and the newness has worn off.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply