Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-01-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Reflections for today - June

Betty Ann Says:

While standing before an ancient tapestry in a museum, I was thinking about how the people who had woven it had left their prespiration, thus their essence within it. I then acknowledged the fact that the tapestry was still there and that they were not, and how one day I too would not be here, and in that moment I felt infinitesimal. A sense of pure love and grace overcame me, thus marked the beginning of my process.

Note:

The "Thoughts of the Day" are from members of various 12 step programs. Some are A.A., some Al-Anon, and some Adult Children of Alcoholics. Take what you need and leave the rest!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Shawila Says:

Today, I have become a little more obedient through my suffering or life experiences however you want to see it. Today I don't have to drink, trust in my Higher Power, and follow what is suggested in Alcoholics Anonymous and my life SOBER has improved tremendously. No matter what life throws at me today, I am learning and willing to remain teachable to carry God's will rather than mine.
Note:

The "Thoughts of the Day" are from members of various 12 step programs. Some are A.A., some Al-Anon, and some Adult Children of Alcoholics. Take what you need and leave the rest!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Beth J. Says:

For my first couple of years in AA, I was one of the ones who came back time after time to pick up a white chip and let others see what they have to go back to. I'm grateful today by God's grace to be able to learn from the relapses of others. They help me stay sober, as well as the people with long time sobriety.
Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Don M. Says:

After four years sober in AA I decided there had to be a better way, (sobriety through the 12 steps). I fired my then sponsor and asked another member to sponsor me. He said he did not want to be my friend, but he wanted to guide me to the miracle possible, living the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. At 20 years of great sobriety the journey (work) has been worth it.

Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Frank P. Says:

It is so much easier for me to believe God is working in my life and caring for me when things are going the way I want them to. The challenge for me is to keep the faith and give up the reaction to try and regain the illusion of control when things are not going according to my plan.
Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Catherine E. Says:

Studying and following the 12 steps has allowed me to grow immensely. I no longer believe that my rebellious teenage years caused my mother's alcoholism. It existed long before then. I understand why in the past I never felt perfect enough. I learned why I chose a husband who I could help and rescue, and a career where I could help and actually save some people thus satisfying my need to do what I could not in my own family relationships.
Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Candy Says:

I always thought I was a great mother, until I stopped drinking, and realized that I was not a mother at all. I put my drinking first, and my children came second. I was a black out drinker, and sometimes couldn't even remember if I put my children to bed. I am a mother of two, and have put my children in so many dangerous situations because of my drinking and drugging, and thanks to AA, I am now living a sober life, and my children are finally safe!

Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Betty Ann Says:

Once I do a fifth step it seems that God then offers me these windows of opportunity to change or perpetuate the patterns of behavior that were just pointed out to me. These situations present themselves as if God ordained for there are no coincidences. Sometimes it feels as if nothing is harder than changing a pattern of behavior, and although I can walk away from the assignment the lesson will return until I can grasp it.

Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Carol H. Says:

I have really been having a tough time financially and emotionally. With 7 years of sobriety and being clean I was really beating myself up thinking I should be doing better. God does do for me what I cannot do for myself. Thanks to my Higher Power, meetings, sponser and sponsees I am able to take steps in the right direction and hope is restored. Keep coming back. It works.
Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Clarice P. Says:

I brought nothing but pain to that first meeting. When a newcomer comes to our room for the first time, I want to be there to listen to their story. I want to say, "I know how you feel," and I want to share my experience, strength, and hope. I need to be with like-minded people who accept me where I am, and who love me unconditionally, because I am God's child, trying to live our program one day at a time. To Al-Anon, my sponsor, and my Higher Power, thank you for all these lessons.

Note:

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Trish Says:

I try to take care of myself physically, I've learned that a big part of my addiction is enhanced by an imbalance of neurochemicals in the brain. If I exercise, eat right, sleep enough, it's easier to fight those addictions because I'm creating lots of serotonin, dopamine, etc. naturally rather than grabbing some chocolate or looking for drama from a dysfunctional relationship, which is always a temporary fix and always leaves me back where I started.

Note:

A fellow in NA many years ago said, "Take what you don't need, put it on the shelf, and then when you meet someone who does need it, you can pass it on."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #12
yukonm
Administrator

June 12

Sue Says:

I made it through one year sober. I have life again which gives me balance and understanding. It was a very long road but I made it and am **** proud of myself for my greatest accomplishment anyone can endure. Love to all of you, you can do it too!

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #13
yukonm
Administrator

June 13

Beth J. Says:

After over a year in recovery, it's easy to get caught up in life and forget where I came from. I must take time each day to pause and reflect on all that I have to be grateful for, which compared to where I was when I stopped drinking, is a whole lot! I'm even learning what it means to be a grateful recovering alcoholic because before I went through the trials that I did and lost everything, I wasn't nearly so appreciative of what I had. I'm so thankful even if it's a really bad day.

One Day At A Time

Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

June 14

Lolly Says:

I am coming up to two years clean, and just want to share my gratitude with you. I first went to a 12 step meeting when I was 17 years old, pretty young I know, but I reached a point of brokenness after picking up at the age of 10 and progressing on to heroin at 14. Anyone who thinks they're too young, give it a try, I have a life beyond my wildest dreams, through attending meetings and doing what was suggested the miracle has happened!

One Day At A Time

Old 06-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #15
yukonm
Administrator

June 15

Steve R. Says:

End the relapse while you still can, before the never-ending downward spiral is unstoppable. Reach out for help from your friends, sponsor, and the fellowships... that's what they're there for, and they understand, and can be of great comfort and assistance in times like this. Don't beat yourself over the head with what's happened. It will only make things worse. Take what happened, learn what you can from it (what led up to the relapse, what triggered it), leave it behind, and move on.

One Day At A Time

Post New ThreadReply