Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Elder's Meditation

Meditations sent to me on FB from an Elder in Ontario.

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 1
“.because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough, it will come into being.”
–Rolling Thunder, Cherokee

We are created by the Great One to accomplish His will through our mental pictures or visions. Our thoughts are three dimensional: words, pictures and feelings. We create the vision by thinking the words and we create feeling for the vision by feeling enthusiasm, desire, commitment and other strong beliefs. Once we create the vision, we move toward and become like that which we think about. All visions are tested by our self talk; for example, “This isn’t going to happen, where is the money coming from anyway?” When this happens, we need to let go of the test and focus on belief in the vision. Why? Because the Great One said if we believe it long enough, He will guarantee it!!!

Great One, let my beliefs be strong today. Help me to have faith in my visions.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 2

“People have to be responsible for their thoughts, so they have to learn to control them. It may not be easy, but it can be done.”
–Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
We control our thoughts by controlling our self talk. At any moment we choose we can talk to ourselves differently. The fight comes with the emotions that are attached to our thoughts. If our emotion is high and seems to be out of control, we can say to ourselves STOP IT!, take a few deep breaths, then ask the Creator for the right thought or the right decision or the right action. If we practice this for a while, our thought life will be different. It helps if in the morning we ask the Creator to direct our thinking. The Creator loves to help us.
Great Spirit, today, direct my thinking so my choices are chosen by You.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 4

“Our circle is timeless, flowing, it is a new life emerging from death-life winning out over death.”
–Lame Deer, LAKOTA
When we look at the world in the manner which the Great Spirit designed it, we can see why it makes sense to live in harmony with it: the trees grow and bear fruit, the fruit has seeds, the seeds fall to the ground, the ground grows new trees, old trees die to make way for the young. Any time we think we can interrupt this cycle or change it we will experience turmoil and confusion. The Human Cycle exists as the baby becomes the youth, the youth becomes the adult, the adult has children, the adult becomes the Elder, and the Elder teaches the youth. Elders go on to the Spirit World. Spirit comes into babies to produce new life. Flow into the flow. Be the path of least resistance.
My Creator and my Maker, today, teach me to just flow with the river of life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 6

“When we’re through with this earth and all these problems, we don’t have to come back. But as long as we’re here we have a job to do and a purpose to fulfill, and that means dealing with the circumstances around us.”
–Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

We are put on the earth to participate in life. We have a beautiful mind, we have the ability to pray, we have the ability to change, we have the ability to accept, and we have choices. All things God created are constantly changing. This constant change causes our circumstances to change. Sometimes we say life is difficult. During these times we need to use our tools: the tools of prayer, and the tools of meditation. We are designed to change and live joyfully on this earth. The only requirement for living joyfully is to live according to the laws, principles, and values given to us by the Creator.

Great Spirit, give me Your courage today, and guide my footsteps.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 9

“So, with the Native way, it’s not whether people find out about what you’ve done or not… that’s not nearly as strong as having your source of morality within you, having your morality arise out of an inner perception of what is wrong, ridiculous, or shameful. You are your own judge.”
–Eunice Baumann-Nelson, Ph.D., PENOBSCOT
Inside each of us is a voice. It is a quiet voice. It is a guiding voice. If we listen for it, it will guide us, and help us avoid disaster. It is especially active when we are afraid, when we are in doubt, when we are scared, when we need help, and when we get angry. If we are excited emotionally, it is hard to hear this voice. If we are angry, it’s hard to hear this voice because it is usually quiet. The best thing we can do is to practice getting quiet. If we don’t get quiet, there is another voice called the judge. It tells us to attack or say bad things to other people or to judge ourselves. This voice is loud and usually gets us into trouble.
Creator, Great Mystery, help me listen for the quiet voice. Let me know this voice of Yours. Your ways are gentle. Guide me with this voice. Thank You.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 10

“We cannot escape remembering the important things that have happened, and we cannot escape the awareness of the important things that have not happened.”
–Ralph Salisbury, CHEROKEE

There is a Master Plan. There are Natural Laws that run the universe. Everything on the earth has a purpose. Change is constant. That which is built is constantly being destroyed. That which is loose is being used to build new things. Nothing can be destroyed, only rearranged. Change will happen and every setback is only temporary. In other words, the Creator is in charge. We are not in charge. He designed the universe. He runs the universe and He will change what needs to be changed. As humans, it is easier for us to participate in all of this if we are spiritual. We need to be tuned in. Therefore, God gave us the spiritual concept of acceptance. When things change, we can change ourselves through the principle of acceptance.
Great Spirit, let me live today in acceptance of Your will. Today let us do it Your way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 12

“The first thing that we want you to understand is that spirit has no color or race to it. It doesn’t matter whether your skin is white, black, red, brown – whatever. No one out there is any better than you, and you are no better than anyone else out there.”
–John Peters (Slow Turtle), WAMPANOAG

We are all created to be of equal worth. We may be different sizes, different heights, different ages, different colors, we may have different beliefs and be of different cultures. In the unseen world, we are all spirit formed into different shapes and colors but we are all worthy. For example, you can have water, you can have steam, or you can have ice. Which of these is not made up of H2O?

My Creator, today, let me see

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 13

“When you remove love and try to replace it with monetary things, you’ve got nothing … get him to understand that he has to love himself before he can love anything else.”

It is said, “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” That’s the trouble, most of us do.
Great Spirit, You are love; You are spirit. Spirit and love are interconnected. I am spiritual. Let me realize what I am really made of.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 14

“It is a native tradition to sit in a circle and talk-to share what is in your heart.”

The talking circle is also a listening circle. The talking circle allows one person to talk at a time for as long as they need to talk. So much can be gained by listening. Is it a coincidence that the Creator gave us one mouth and two ears? The power of the circle allows the heart to be shared with each other. What we share with each other also heals each other. When we talk about our pain in the circle, it is distributed to the circle, and we are free of the pain. The talking circle works because when the people form a circle, the Great Mystery is in the center.

My Creator, give me the courage to share, and the courage to listen.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 18
“Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit.”
–Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX
Be still and know. All new learnings, all ideas about new things, creativity, daydreaming and mental effectiveness come to those who learn about silence. All warriors know about the power of silence. All Elders know about stillness. Be still and know God. Meditation is about the place of silence. This is the place to hear God’s voice. We can find tremendous amounts of knowledge in the place of silence. This is the sacred place of God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Sorry some of these are missing. I get them sent to my by a member on Facebook.

Quote:
We can find tremendous amounts of knowledge in the place of silence. This is the sacred place of God.
Like this, it reminds me of what it says at the end of Step Three in AA's 12 Steps and Traditions. "...and in the quiet say the Serenity Prayer

God grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change.

The Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 23

“Our true enemies, as well as our true sources of strength, lie within.”
–Willaru Huayta, QUECHUA NATION, PERU

A long time ago, the Creator put inside the human being the secrets to the laws of life. We usually know this is true even though we may not know what these laws are. If something goes wrong with our lives, we usually fix the blame on something outside of ourselves. We tend to give up accountability. One way or another we say, “It’s not my fault.” We need to realize that all permanent and lasting change starts on the inside and works its way out. If it’s meant to be, it is up to me.
Oh Great Spirit, let me realize fully that my problems are of my own making.

Therefore, so are the solutions.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The person who has been sending me the readings has been ill.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 30
“Bright days and dark days were both expressions of the Great Mystery, and the Indian reveled in being close to the Great Holiness.”
–Chief Luther Standing Bear, SIOUX
The Great Spirit created a world of harmony, a world of justice, a world that is interconnected, a balanced world that has positive and negative, this way and that way, up and down, man and woman, boy and girl, honest and dishonest, responsible and irresponsible, day and night. In other words, He created a polarity system. Both sides are to be respected. Both sides or anything are sacred. We need to do good and we need to learn from our mistakes. We need to honor what takes place in the daytime and we need to honor what takes place in the nighttime. We learn that we need to learn and we see what we are supposed to see by staying close to the Great Spirit. We need to be talking to Him all the time, saying “Grandfather, what is it you want me to learn?”
Great Spirit, let me learn today that all things are sacred. Help me stay close to You, my Creator.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day January 31
“In sharing, in loving all and everything, one people naturally found a due portion of the thing they sought, while in fearing, the other found need of conquest.”
–Chief Luther Standing Bear, SIOUX
There are two systems of thought that are available for us to choose from. One is the love-thought system and the other is the fear- thought system. If we choose love, we will see the laws, principles and values of the Creator. If we choose fear, the results will be so paralyzing that it will cause us to take over and not rely on the Great Spirit. The fear-thought system will automatically cause attack, conflict, need to control over others. The love-thought system seeks peace of mind, unity and causes us to be love seekers.
Great Spirit, today let me see only love.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply