Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
schell81208

Icon28 schell's journey for today

Hi everyone...trying to get a checkin thread started ! Hopefully this time it works! Good to be back with the old timers and welcome to all the new names I see here! Glad to have you with us. Just had two terriffic meetings in a row, my Woman's home group last night and a Daily Reflections tonight. What I have really noticed in truly listening to the newcomers at our meetings is seeing me in them...what it was like coming in, admitting powerlessness over substances, and just realizing that for that day , I was in a meeting sober with other alcoholics...where I am at in today is a place of what I have been calling sober behavior...I feel a wrench in my gut when something is not right...I know the difference today in how I treat others and their reaction to my behavior....this is a new spot for me...today the reading was on amends, I have a direct one to make currently, but it is more a relalization that I was in the wrong and that sense inside me that makes me sick over my behavior in that situation...not sober behavior..I am not that person anymore...but I will be if I let this stuff build up...it just gets easier and easier...the way I change is to make amends and truly change the way I am living in today....Peace to you all , Schell
schell81208 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to schell81208 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply