Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Journey To The Heart

Protect Your Energy

Just as we strive to protect and conserve earth’s energy resources, we can strive to protect and conserve our own. Become more aware of the impact of things, people, and activities on you and your energy. What feeds you, charges you? What drains and depletes you?

As you grow and become more sensitive to how things feel to you, you’ll naturally grow to dislike and be uncomfortable with whatever drains or negatively impacts your energy. Yes, some difficult, draining situations are inevitable. But we can learn to protect ourselves in those situations. Sometimes we need to let go of people, places, and behaviors that don’t work for us anymore, that drain, exhaust, and deplete us.

Pay attention to the impact of certain people, places, behaviors, and events on your energy. Pay attention to how you feel when you eat certain foods, drink certain beverages, go certain places. Learn to listen to your body, your emotions, and your heart. Be prepared to let go of some things and people along the way. Be gentle with yourself while you do.

Learn to conserve your energy. It is a precious, valuable resource.
We can ask for help. If I don't like where I am at, I ask for the knowing as to what I need to change it. It is important not to take on what is not mine. I have to remember to take my QTIP (Quit Taking It Personal) with me.

We waste so much energy with worry and anxiety about things we have no power over. A friend gave me a book a few year ago about energy vampires, who try to steal our energy. I don't know about you, but I never seem to have enough that I can afford to give away.

What I put out, I get back. If I give out negative, then that is the kind of energy that comes back to me and I wonder, what is this stuff? When in fact it is my own crap, and the ego and the Self tries to play the blame game and dump it on others, because it couldn't possibly be me.

Several years ago when I was working with my spiritual advisor, we would say to each other, "Ewwww! Is this your stuff or mine?" Quite often we both contributed to the chaos.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply