Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - November

November 1

A gentle answer deflects anger. Proverbs 15:1

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Proverbs 17:27 (NIV) A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.

Thought: Keep your cool. It pleases God.

Psalm 141:3 (NIV) Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Thought: Careless words cause much harm.

Today’s Scripture: James 5:9 (NLT): Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look—the Judge is standing at the door!

Today’s Thought: Life is too short to grumble and complain. We need to build one another up instead of tear each other apart. Remember, our words have tremendous power.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue today. Let me build up everyone I come in contact with. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings Psalm 17:8

Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me - a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:13

Psalm 119:11 (NIV) I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.

Thought: What we put into our hearts shapes what comes out of our lives.

Psalm 44:21 (NIV) Would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Thought: It's ok to come clean with God. He already knows.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 3

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

But I trust in your unfailing love.I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me. Psalm 13:5-6

Psalm 119:16 (NIV) ...I will not neglect Your word.

Thought: If your Bible's dusty, your heart's rusty.

Colossians 1:1 (NIV) Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, by the will of God...

Thought: You have a calling in Christ, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength. 2 Timothy 4:17a

He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young. Isaiah 40:11

Acts 12:24 (NLT) Meanwhile, the word of God continued to spread, and there were many new believers.

Thought: Don't keep Good News to yourself. Pass it on.

Colossians 1:4 (NIV) ...we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus...

Thought: Your life is a billboard. Wear your faith for all to see.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

I promise this very day that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles. Zechariah 9:12b

If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? Matthew 18:12

Psalm 116:16 (NIV) ...You have freed me from my chains.

Thought: Don't look back. The past is behind you.

Colossians 1:6 (NIV) All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing...

Thought: Pray for the nations....then go.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

Love each other deeply with all your heart. 1 Peter 1:22b

For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. James 1:23

Psalm 116:6 (NIV) ...when I was in great need, the Lord saved me.

Thought: God's not afraid of a mess. He wants to restore order.

Colossians 1:7 (NIV) Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, is a faithful minister of Christ...

Thought: Pray for your pastors...and love on them.

Today’s Scripture: James 5:17-18 (NLT): Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

Today’s Thought: God still answers prayer! He may not answer them how or when you want Him to though. Make a decision to live your life by this motto: P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to have the faith to PUSH! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 7

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. Proverbs 8:17

2 Corinthians 6:16 (NIV) As God has said, "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Thought: There's no greater companion we can have than Christ himself.

Colossians 1:9 (NIV) ...we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

Thought: People need your prayers – for healing, for strength, for the resolve to go on, for whatever is next.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less. John 3:30

Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. Psalm 97:11

2 Chronicles 5:13 (NIV) He is good. His love endures forever.

Thought: Life may change on you. But God won't.

Romans 13:9 (NIV) Love your neighbor as yourself.

Thought: You can't go wrong when you do what's right.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 9

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37

Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. Psalm 10:17

Psalm 56:3 (NIV) When I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Thought: Move your fear to faith. God's there for you.

1 Peter 1:15 (NIV) But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do...

Thought: Our lives are like a mirror -- made to reflect God's image and character.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 10

You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Psalm 139:4-5

With their words, the godless destroy their friends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous. Proverbs 11:9

Isaiah 54:10 (NIV) "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Thought: When life shakes or quakes, the Lord's steady hand will hold you.

Colossians 1:10 (NIV) Live a life worthy of the Lord...

Thought: Set God goals.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 11

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.” John 15:13

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:14

Psalm 55:17 (NIV) ...He hears my voice.

Thought: Every prayer matters. Even the silent ones that come from our heart.

Colossians 1:12 (NIV) ...joyfully give thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints...

Thought: One of the greatest things we can give God is our thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time - to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:9

Psalm 114:2 (NIV) Judah became God’s sanctuary, Israel his dominion.

Thought: What about your life? Is He at home there, too?

Colossians 1:14 (NIV) (In Jesus) we have redemption, the forgiveness of our sins.

Thought: A clean slate? A fresh start? Its yours in Christ.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 13

Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 1 John 3:18

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Psalm 114:7 (NIV) Tremble, earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob...

Thought: Heaven's party is full of His presence. Will you accept God's invitation, or live with indifference as another day passes by?

Colossians 1:13 (NIV) He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves.

Thought: Here's something you can pray: "God, turn the light on in my heart so that I can see You and all that You've done for me."
Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 14

Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. Psalm 4:4-5

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. 1 Thessalonians 4:7

Psalm 116:2 (NIV) Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.

Thought: Never stop praying.

Colossians 1:17 (NIV) ...in Him all things hold together...

Thought: Is your family falling apart? Get down on your knees and ask God to be the glue.
Post New ThreadReply