Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I feel I just can't face the world and want nothing more than to bury my head under the covers and hide, I know I need an Al-Anon meeting. I may have to push myself out the door, but I always feel better - and saner - wen I break the isolation and reach out for help. I usually feel relief the minute I walk into an Al-Anon room, even if it's a meeting I've never attended before. I find a healing, comforting Power in these rooms, a Power greater than myself. And because my Higher Power speaks through other people, I often hear exactly what I need.

We all go through periods of sadness, lethargy, and grief - that's part of life. But depression can become a habit that perpetuates itself, unless I intercede by acting on my own behalf. Al-Anon cannot solve every problem, and if depression lingers, I ma want to consider seeking professional help. but more often than not, what I need to do is birng my body to an Al-Anon meeting. I know that no matter how I feel when I take an action to get some help, I make myself available to the Higher Power in these rooms.

Today's Reminder - August 11 Courage to Change:

When in doubt, I will go to an Al-Anon meeting and invite my Higher Power to do for me what I cannot do for myself.

"There are times when I have to hurt through a situation and when this happens, the choice is not whether to hurt or not to hurt, but what to do while I am hurting."

...In All Our Affairs
This really spoke to me. I have gone to a meeting with a headache many times and have had it gone often half way through the meeting, or within minutes of walking in the door.

I deposited my cheque today and found myself asking for direction. It brought me home. Why not take things to the Master Healer, Planner, Physician, etc. He/She is all things, so why should I want to stay in my doom and gloom when I know that when I reach out for help, the solution will be there. Even if I am meant to go to a professional, it is okay, I will be directed there. There are more than one type of professional too.

Good Orderly Direction and Divine Orderly Good.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply