Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Dream Day

Dream Day

Today's Scripture

Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint… Proverbs 29:18, NKJV.

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

I have friends who run an orphanage in a very poor nation. Every Friday they go down to the slums and take the children to the beach. They call it “Dream Day.” As the children play in the sand and water, as they look at the beautiful ocean and watch the magnificent sunsets, they talk to them about how God knew them before they were formed in their mother’s womb, how they have seeds of greatness on the inside. They speak vision into them. Now, they’re finding that these children from the slums are overcoming incredible odds, getting scholarships to colleges, breaking out of poverty, becoming leaders in the community.

Scripture tells us that when people don’t have a revelation of God’s love and His Word, ultimately, they perish. It doesn’t say where there is no money, where there is no opportunity, where there is no talent people perish. What limits us is a lack of vision and understanding about God’s plan for our lives.

Today, I encourage you to let God’s Word shape your vision of the future. Let today be your dream day. Set aside the cares of the world. Set aside distractions and worries and look to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You have placed in my heart. Today I set aside worries and distractions. I lift my eyes to You. Enlarge my vision and help me to see the dream You have for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply