Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Humor

Share This Forum!  

Humor "We Are Not A Glum Lot." Share Articles, Humor, Inspirations, Jokes, News, Poems, Quotes, Writings, etc. Here. Keep It Clean Please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Groaners

Murder Trial

A defendant was on trial for murder in a case where there was strong evidence indicating guilt, but there was no corpse.

Knowing that his client would probably be convicted, the lawyer resorted to a trick during his closing statement.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for all of you," he said, looking at his watch. "In approximately one minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom."

He then looked towards the courtroom door. The jurors, stunned, looked on eagerly. A minute passed and nothing happened.

Finally, the lawyer said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I made up the previous statement.

However, you all looked on with anticipation. Therefore, I say to you that there is reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty."

The jury, now clearly confused, retired to deliberate. Within a few minutes, they returned and pronounced a verdict of guilty.

But how," asked the lawyer. "You must have had some doubt, I watched all of you stare at the door."

"You're right, we did look," replied the jury foreman, "however, your client didn't."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply