Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/8

God, help me learn to take care of myself and live with passion, compassion, and an open heart. --Melody Beattie

Actions have consequences. Lord, may my actions not create difficulties, but rather bring peace and joy to my life.

Most of us are rich in ways that really matter -- a good relationship with our Lord, a spouse and family that loves us, reasonable health, a good church, etc. The problem is that we tend to take many of our riches for granted. So, whether you are rich in monetary ways or other ways or both, always give God the glory and be sure to thank Him.

God is never early. God is never late.

We will see Christ in unlikely places if we take time to look.

"Recognize yourself as a child of God; recognize others as children of God." --John-Roger

"God is specializing in you." --Alan Cohen

Pursuing Peace by Sally I. Kennedy
Seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:11b, Psalm 34:14b
A commentary I once read said that resentment comes from a Latin word, resentir, meaning to feel over and over again. Resentment can be repeatedly re-experiencing unforgiven resentments.
Along these lines, shoes of peace are part of the essential ‘armor of God’ that St. Paul tells us to put on each day (Ephesians 6). So what are shoes of peace?
The Bible tells us that peace is a person. Jesus. For he himself is our peace. The Bible also says to seek peace and pursue it, not just wait around until it might happen to show up. (1Peter 3)
Martin Luther King, Jr., is credited with saying, “The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind.” So I guess the bottom line is, I am to be assertive about forgiveness, whether I have something against somebody else, or someone has something against me. Forgiveness keeps the door open, instead of slamming it shut.
Prayer: Lord, today help me, through the power of Holy Spirit, to seek peace and, in fact, to pursue it. In Jesus’ name. Amen

The Cross Author Unknown
A young man was at the end of his rope, seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. " Lord, I can't go on, I have too heavy a cross to bear. " The Lord replied, " My son, if you can't bear it's weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that door and pick out any cross you wish." The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord," and he did as he was told.
Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses; some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. " I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. The Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."
When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.
Whatever your cross, whatever your pain.
There will always be sunshine after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall.
But God's always there to help through it all.

Romans 25:1-2 “Now we who are strong ought to bear the weakness of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to his edification.”
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of anyone else.”
Best-selling author Leo Buscaglia was the youngest son of a very large Italian immigrant family. He grew up speaking Italian at home, learning English as a second language. As a boy he preferred opera to popular music, and he knew Italian fairy tales rather than the traditional English ones read by his neighbors. His family’s home was marked by joyous
moments, passionate beliefs, and deep family ties.
However, his school psychologist saw him differently. He considered Buscaglia’s English language skills to be very low, and his view of the world radically unrealistic. The psychologist classified him as mentally deficient, “retarded,” and recommended that he be in a special class.
In the special class, Buscaglia met Miss Hunt, a caring, warm teacher who paid little attention to the label placed upon him. She saw him, and the other students in her class, as rich in potential. She conveyed a love of learning to all her students.
Buscaglia soon blossomed, and after several months, Miss Hunt insisted that he be re-tested. The result was his placement in a regular classroom. Miss Hunt’s door remained open to Buscaglia, and she continued to encourage him and convince him that he had a wonderful life ahead.
What might you do today to help someone who has been “written off” by others?
We judge people today by the standards that we learn from society. Society is of the world and we are not of the world. To quote a famous song by the group called Avalon, “We are not like the world... but we can love it…..so let us be… in it not of it.” God put us here to be lights for him and to show the people what the world is supposed to be like if we are in
God’s will. We are to have the mind of Christ.
Pray for others today and for yourself that we might all come to know Christ better in this day He has given us to serve Him. --The Voice

Humility is to make a right estimate of oneself. --Charles Haddon Spurgeon
What does it take to come to the place where we can exchange pride for humility? First we must stop the blasphemous charade of pretending that we are no good. "I'm worthless" has often been spoken in the name of humility. But these words, or any other words that express the same sentiment, are a self-indulgence and a cop-out.
The essence of humility is summed up in the Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Humility is truth. To be humble is to know the truth about our limits, to recognize what can be changed, and to accept that all good things are possible with the help of our Higher Power.
Excessive pride prohibits acceptance because it prohibits the truth, and the truth is that some things are unchangeable. Refusal to accept that truth gets us plenty of frustrations and anger - and no humility at all.
Today, I humbly ask God for the wisdom to accept what is and to let go of what isn't.

Love it the way it is. --Thaddeus Colas
It's easy to love people who are like us, who may have been raised the same way, educated the same way, share the same values, or have had many of the same experiences. It's not as easy to love people who seem different. But if we are to fulfill God's plan for us, we should try.
It's not easy, either, to love the way we feel sometimes, or the unpleasant things that happen to us. But, like the people who are "different" from us, even our negative feelings need to be loved. Our fears, frustrations, pain, boredom, despair - these are part of us and they oftentimes have a greater purpose.
We may not think it's possible to love how we feel, but we can make the decision to love everything about ourselves - and then we can see what happens. We may not know God's purpose, but we may understand better if we learn to love ourselves the way we are.
I don't know God's plan for me, but I accept myself and others in love.

It's a simple formula; do your best and somebody might like it. --Dorothy Baker
We're never guaranteed success by others' standards. However, if we do our best according to the standards we think God has in mind, we'll be successful. And from God we'll always receive unconditional love and acceptance.
In the past many of us were haunted by fears that our best wasn't good enough. And not infrequently those fears hindered our performance, thus validating our fears. We can slip back into those immobilizing fears if we don't attend, with vigilance, to the program and its suggestions.
Our higher power will help us do whatever task lies before us. And no task will be ours except those for which we've been readied. Our job is simply to go forth, taking God as our partner, and set about completing the task. We will not falter if we remember where our strength rests, where the guidance lies.
Self-esteem is one of the byproducts of a job done with God's help. An additional byproduct is that we learn more quickly to rely on God's direction and strength the next time, thus reducing the time we give to fear.
I can be successful today, in every endeavor, if I let God manage my moves. --Each Day a New Beginning

All Our Needs
And my God shall supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory... --Phil. 4:19
This verse has helped me many times. It has helped me when I have wondered where my next friend, bit of wisdom, insight, or meal was coming from.
Everything I need today shall be supplied to me.
People, jobs, what we have to our immediate disposal, are not our source.
We have tapped into a Greater Source, a source of infinite and immediate supply: God and His Universe.
Our task is to allow ourselves to come into harmony with our Source. Our task is to believe in, and look to, our true Source. Our task is to release fear; negative thinking, limitations, and short supply thinking.
Everything we need shall be provided to us. Let it become a natural response to all situations, and all situations of need.
Reject fear. Reject short supply and limited thinking notions. Be open to abundance.
Cherish need because it is part of our relationship to God and His Universe. God has planned to meet our every need, has created the need within us, so God can supply.
No need is too small or too great. If we care and value our need, God will too.
Our part is taking responsibility for owning the need. Our part is giving the need to the Universe. Our part is letting go, in faith. Our part is giving God permission to meet our needs by believing we deserve to have our needs - and wants - met.
Our part is healthy giving, not out of caretaking, guilt, obligation, and codependency, but out of a healthy relationship with ourselves, God, and all of God's creations.
Our part is simply to be who we are, and love being that.
Today, I will practice the belief that all my needs today shall be met. I will step into harmony with God and His Universe, knowing that I count. --The Language Of Letting Go

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be strong and steady as you watch and are amazed at the work I am doing in, around and through you, says the Lord. A deep work of healing and restoration is beginning and will be brought to completion. When this work is finished the trials and tribulations that you have endured will only be a memory and the pain will be gone. Trust Me to bring you through with a sense of wholeness and conclusion. Go forth in faith! Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Things are not always as they seem. Take care not to presume or make assumptions based on what you see or don't see. This will only lead you down the path of error and inappropriate mental and emotional responses. Rest in what you know to be reality both in the spiritual realm and in the natural realm. Maintain and protect your faith in Me, says the Lord. I will lead you in the way of truth. Psalms 19:13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression.

Many of you have experienced somewhat of a lull, which seems like stagnation. But, this has been a time for you to rest and regroup. It has not been a time for you to get lazy spiritually, however. I want you to be alert and use your discernment so that you have greater depth and understanding of your spiritual environment, says the Lord. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Beloved, I have set you on a course that will result in a more intimate relationship with Me, says the Lord. You will begin to notice greater clarity and precision in your walk in the Spirit, not to mention a deeper understanding of My purposes for you. But, this "walk", and progression will be one step at a time as you deal with bringing everything that I show you into perfect order. Luke 9:57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, "Lord, I will follow You wherever You go."

I was in the Spirit, and I heard what sounded like groaning, creaking, and expanding. These sounds came from what looked like a dark sphere. As the groaning continued, light began to pierce the darkness with pencil-thin rays to reveal cobwebs and dust from times of neglect. I could feel air currents in a swirling pattern like a gentle breeze begin to renew the atmosphere. There was a freshness--newness of life--that was almost crisp; bringing order, perfection and precision. Yet, a deep internal work in our very foundation continued. After some time, the dark sphere gave way to full light and a palpable presence of God surrounded by His angels--bright, holy, righteous! It was incredibly refreshing, and I could smell the sweet fragrance of our Lord. The call of His Spirit went out to urge us to yield to His work that is beyond what we can now comprehend; to go higher and yet deeper in spiritual awareness and submission. Romans 8:22-25 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I saw the symbol of the cross. I saw it changing. At first covered by the blood of Christ. And, then it developed a golden hue that spoke to me of His divine nature. And from that golden hue came the glory of His crystallized light shining forth across the generations to touch you today--shining forth to bring restoration and great deliverance. Shining forth to open the path that He has established before you. Shining forth to encourage you and empower you to walk upon this path and to take those steps with renewed energy and with great hope. The glory of the LORD will indeed carry you from glory to glory upon the path that He has prepared for you to follow. Take the steps. They will lead you to places that are beyond your wildest imaginations. And, they will reveal the things that even you cannot conceive of this day. For, out of this journey will come the revelation of the current season, and out of these steps will come revelation to you personally. Come now; walk by faith into My purposes, for this is the hour of perception and the day of My power, says the Most Holy One.

Bearing Gifts by Sandra Lewis Pringle
I passed a teenager upon the street,
who nodded, and politely gave me a smile.
I was in too much of a hurry to return his gesture,
After all, I had to be back to the office, in just a short while.
My child came running up from play;
a handful of daisies, she brought.
I thanked her, thoughtlessly lay them aside,
and into the wastebasket, they were later tossed.
My grandmother gave me once a beautiful ring,
a momento of her well spent life.
I put it away, until a rainy day.
I pawned it, when cash was low, and my spirit, was downcast and contrite.
My Father gave me a Gift, one that was blessed, by far.
I gave it not, a second thought, I was reaching out for another star.
I came upon the Pearly Gates.
As they opened, I stepped inside.
I stood before the Judgment Throne;
I wanted to run and hide.
"Where is the work I sent you to do?"
My Father asked, with disappointment upon His face.
I muttered not a feeble excuse.
I was ashamed, I could not explain.
I felt completely worthless, in this beautiful Place.
If I could but just turn back, and give that teenager a smile.
If I could replace those daisies, so carelessly cast aside,
and make my daughter a happier child.
If I could find that ring, that beautiful ring,
a treasure from my grandmother's heart,
I would hold it close and treasure its worth,
and NEVER from me, would it part.
I would take my Gift, the one My Father had given,
I would work endlessly, night and day.
When my life was over, and all those who were lost,
whom I had been responsible for, saved,
"Well done, My Child," My Father could rightfully say.

My Gift by Helen Johnson
You gave your all, Lord,
you gave us your best!
Because of your love,
we've been truly blessed!
You've given so much
and that is the reason,
I'm giving to you,
this holiday season...
All of myself, and all I can be
a heart full of thanks, I give to thee;
For the love and compassion
that you've given to me.
There's no way I could ever
begin to repay
All the mercy and grace,
you have sent my way.
I just want you to know Lord
that I love you more,
Each day that I live
more than ever before!
It's all that I have Lord,
this gift of my love,
But it's sent from my heart
on the wings of your dove!

You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Romans 13:14

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:1-2;4

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." Hebrews 7 :25

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done. Psalm 62:1-2, 11-12

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

The Blood of Jesus

One night in a church service a young woman felt the tug of God at her heart. She responded to God's call and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. The young woman had a very rough past, involving alcohol, drugs, and prostitution. But, the change in her was evident.
As time went on she became a faithful member of the church. She eventually became involved in the ministry, teaching young children. It was not very long until this faithful young woman had caught the eye and heart of the pastor's son. The relationship grew and they began to make wedding plans. This is when the problems began.
You see, about one half of the church did not think that a woman with a past such as hers was suitable for a pastor's son. The church began to argue and fight about the matter. So they decided to have a meeting. As the people made their arguments and tensions increased, the meeting was getting completely out of hand. The young woman became very upset about all the things being brought up about her past. As she began to cry the pastor's son stood to speak. He could not bear the pain it was causing his wife-to-be. He began to speak and his statement was this: "My fiance's past is not what is on trial here. What you are questioning is the ability of the blood of Jesus to wash away sin. Today you have put the blood of Jesus on trial. So, does it wash away sin or not?" The whole church began to weep as they realized that they had been slandering the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Too often, even as Christians, we bring up the past and use it as a weapon against our brothers and sisters. Forgiveness is a very foundational part of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. If the blood of Jesus does not cleanse the other person completely then it cannot cleanse us completely. If that is the case, then we are all in a lot of trouble. What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! End of case!!! --Author Unknown
"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain you. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:23

Lord, Make what I have enough for me. Help me to see that all I need is you. You will make my plate full. You will guide me in the way that I should go. I will do the footwork. Amen

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 24
The Divisions of the Priests
1 Now these are the divisions of the sons of Aaron. The sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. 2 And Nadab and Abihu died before their father, and had no children; therefore Eleazar and Ithamar ministered as priests. 3 Then David with Zadok of the sons of Eleazar, and Ahimelech of the sons of Ithamar, divided them according to the schedule of their service. 4 There were more leaders found of the sons of Eleazar than of the sons of Ithamar, and thus they were divided. Among the sons of Eleazar were sixteen heads of their fathers’ houses, and eight heads of their fathers’ houses among the sons of Ithamar. 5 Thus they were divided by lot, one group as another, for there were officials of the sanctuary and officials of the house of God, from the sons of Eleazar and from the sons of Ithamar. 6 And the scribe, Shemaiah the son of Nethanel, one of the Levites, wrote them down before the king, the leaders, Zadok the priest, Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and the heads of the fathers’ houses of the priests and Levites, one father’s house taken for Eleazar and one for Ithamar. 7 Now the first lot fell to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah, 8 the third to Harim, the fourth to Seorim, 9 the fifth to Malchijah, the sixth to Mijamin, 10 the seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah, 11 the ninth to Jeshua, the tenth to Shecaniah, 12 the eleventh to Eliashib, the twelfth to Jakim, 13 the thirteenth to Huppah, the fourteenth to Jeshebeab, 14 the fifteenth to Bilgah, the sixteenth to Immer, 15 the seventeenth to Hezir, the eighteenth to Happizzez, 16 the nineteenth to Pethahiah, the twentieth to Jehezekel, 17 the twenty-first to Jachin, the twenty-second to Gamul, 18 the twenty-third to Delaiah, the twenty-fourth to Maaziah. 19 This was the schedule of their service for coming into the house of the Lord according to their ordinance by the hand of Aaron their father, as the Lord God of Israel had commanded him.
Other Levites
20 And the rest of the sons of Levi: of the sons of Amram, Shubael; of the sons of Shubael, Jehdeiah. 21 Concerning Rehabiah, of the sons of Rehabiah, the first was Isshiah. 22 Of the Izharites, Shelomoth; of the sons of Shelomoth, Jahath. 23 Of the sons of Hebron, Jeriah was the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, and Jekameam the fourth. 24 Of the sons of Uzziel, Michah; of the sons of Michah, Shamir. 25 The brother of Michah, Isshiah; of the sons of Isshiah, Zechariah. 26 The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi; the son of Jaaziah, Beno. 27 The sons of Merari by Jaaziah were Beno, Shoham, Zaccur, and Ibri. 28 Of Mahli: Eleazar, who had no sons. 29 Of Kish: the son of Kish, Jerahmeel. 30 Also the sons of Mushi were Mahli, Eder, and Jerimoth. These were the sons of the Levites according to their fathers’ houses. 31 These also cast lots just as their brothers the sons of Aaron did, in the presence of King David, Zadok, Ahimelech, and the heads of the fathers’ houses of the priests and Levites. The chief fathers did just as their younger brethren.

"Father, I ask you to bless my friends and relatives. Show them a new revelation of your love and power. Holy spirit, I ask you to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them your peace and mercy. Where there is self doubt, release a renewed confidence through your grace. In Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply