Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
yukonm
Administrator

Default In the Midst of Trouble

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

When we find ourselves in the midst of trouble, right when we are going through the worst part of our trials and the latest tribulations we have to face, it is easy to get overwhelmed and be afraid. How will we get through this? How much longer do we have to endure? How will we ever overcome this mountain of problems that just popped out of nowhere?

When the storm is consuming us it can be hard to keep our eyes focused on the prize. But no matter what we face, we need to remind ourselves, that we do not have to face it alone!

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” Isaiah 41:10 (AMP).

Last week an issue in my family arose that is bigger than most thing we had to deal with so far. It overwhelmed me, it took me by surprise, it scared me. And not just that, the consequences scare me as well. I know what I have to do, but finding the courage to do what must be done seems impossible at times.

Of course I looked at God for help and the first few days I just felt numb. It didn’t seem as if God was willing to get involved in this one, making me handle it all on my own.

How foolish of me. He never leaves our sides. He brought me to this scripture in Isaiah 41 and I have read it over and over again all throughout my day. Every time fear creeps back into my mind, trying to numb me, trying to tell me this is too hard, I can’t do it, I recited that scripture again. And wouldn’t you know it, I calmed down instantly.

God IS with me. There is NOTHING to fear. He WILL help me.

How great it feels to get this reassurance from the Lord. And He tried to tell me all along. Matter of fact, one of the songs we sang in church on Sunday had these words in it: If the Lord is with us, then who could ever stop us. If God is for us, what could stand against?

But I was so consumed with my circumstances that I was unable to see what God was trying to tell me.

That doesn’t necessarily make my situation any either. But just knowing that I don’t have to do it alone, that God will give me the strength and ability to do it, gives me enough courage to take the steps I need to take and know that everything will be okay, because God is holding me up with His victorious right hand of rightness and justice.

Jelena Anderson

Count it all joy when you experience various trials. Be strong and don't give up because God will turn your trials into triumphs. Allow Him to use the tough situation to make you stronger and be more like Jesus! ~Malene Mendoza~

The Monkey

One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the monkey was reading two books - the Bible and Darwin's The Origin of Species. In surprise he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books"?

"Well," said the monkey, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

Lord, I thank You that You never leave my side, that You walk with me through my trials and tribulations, and that You give me the strength to do what I have to do. I pray that You will give me discernment, guidance, and the wisdom to understand Your guidance in the midst of my troubles. Amen.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply