Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2016, 06:23 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

October 31

Expectations
I am not a victim of others, but rather a victim of my expectations, choices and dishonesty.
When I expect others to be what I want them to be and not who they are,
when they fail to meet my expectations, I am hurt.
When my choices are based on self-centeredness, I find I am lonely and distrustful.
I gain confidence in myself, however, when I practice honesty in all my affairs.
- Daily Reflections, p. 183

Thought to Ponder . . .
Remove the worry from your mind. Remove the anger from your heart.
Give a lot. Expect little. Keep it simple.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
K I S S = Keep It Serenely Simple.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Trudging
"Abandon yourself to God as you understand God.
Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows.
Clear away the wreckage of your past.
Give freely of what you find and join us.
We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit,
and you will surely meet some of us as you
trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.
May God bless you and keep you -- until then."
c.1976AAWS, Alcohlics Anonymous, p. 164

Thought to Consider . . .
I didn't know how sick I was until I started getting better.
*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
F A I T H = Fantastic Adventures In Trusting Him

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Us All
STEP TEN: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
"Finally, we begin to see that all people, including ourselves, are to some extent emotionally ill as well as frequently wrong, and then we approach true tolerance and see what real love for our fellows actually means. It will become more and more evident as we go forward that it is pointless to become angry, or to get hurt by people who, like us, are suffering from the pains of growing up."
© 1952, AAWS, Inc., Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 92

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"At the end of each day ... I hope that I can say a short prayer of gratitude for another day of sobriety. Anything else good that happens is a bonus."
White Rock, British Columbia, May 2005
"Life--It Happens,"
No Matter What: Dealing with Adversity in Sobriety

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and
fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We
discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we
have harmed anyone. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone
we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 84

Whether the family goes on a spiritual basis or not, the alcoholic
member has to if he would recover. The others must be convinced of
his new status beyond the shadow of a doubt. Seeing is believing to
most families who have lived with a drinker.
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 135~

When resentful thoughts come, try to pause and count your blessings.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p.119

When in doubt we can always pause, saying, "Not my will, but Thine, be done.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p.93

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

There are those who predict that A.A. may well become a new spearhead for a spiritual awakening throughout the world. When our friends say these things, they are both generous and sincere. But we of A.A. must reflect that such a tribute and such a prophecy could well prove to be a heady drink for most of us - that is, if we really came to believe this to be the real purpose of A.A., and if we commenced to behave accordingly.
Our Society, therefore, will prudently cleave to its single purpose: the carrying of the message to the alcoholic who still suffers. Let us resist the proud assumption that since God has enabled us to do well in one area we are destined to be a channel of saving grace for everybody.

Prayer for the Day: Release Me - Lord, keep me from the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from the craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details - give me wings to get to the point. I ask for the grace to listen to the tales of others pains. Help me to endure them in patience. But seal my lips on my own aches and pains -- they are increasing, and my love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally it is possible that I may be mistaken. Keep me reasonably sweet. I do not want to be a saint -- some of them are so hard to live with -- but becoming a bitter old timer would be one of the crowning works of my alcoholism. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places and talents in unexpected people. And give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so. Make me thoughtful, but not moody; helpful, but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all - but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends in the end.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply