Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Reading from Courage to Change talks about our fear of change.

For me, I embrace it. I look forward to it. Yet I can get caught up in stuff and forget that I can change it and that I don't have to stay stuck.

I am empowered to make those changes when I surrender and turn them over to the God of my understanding.

What I had problems with was the knowledge to know the difference.

I would find myself, going around in circles, not knowing what to do; when all I had to do was stop, turn things over to my HP and let go and let God. It helped to know that a day can start any time. For this 24 Hours, I will try not to enforce my will and pray, Thy will be done. If I can't do that, then I can pray for the will to be willing.
I was so fragmented and broken when I came into recovery. Slowly but surely, I changed and became whole. What it took in early recovery is not what I need in today. What I need to do in today is maintain my sobriety. At the beginning I was search for it and looking for what I need. Yet having said that, "I also need to look at what I need in today. What I thought I needed, may have changed. Just because it is something that served me for several years, doesn't mean it is still what I need in today. As you say, "I may have gotten comfortable, maybe something has worn out, not only it's welcome but it's use and needs to be replaced."

If I have a fear in today, it is that I won't notice. If I find a fear, like I faced three days ago, I know to take it to my God. I know that whatever happens will happen, fear or no fear. Best I think of goodness and draw it to me that to think the worst and attract it to me. I am a firm believer in the Power of Prayer.
Posted on another site in 2004.

Worry is fear that hasn't said it's prayers. Something I had to keep aware of and act accordingly. I have to find acceptance before I can take action to change. It is generally my attitude, my complacency, my lack of faith, and unwillingness to do anything in the moment, and I want to sit in my stuff a little while or I don't like what I foresee I have to do to change. My magic magnifying mind can blow things all out of proportion and I get overwhelmed, and instead of taking action, I allow fear to paralyze me.

I had to let go of the paranoia, the old tapes and make new ones, old behaviours and habits which no longer serve me in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply