Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default The Insanity of Our Dis-ease

Quote:
Today I was reminded that it was so easy to slip back into the old ways of thinking and act out in old behavioUr and patterns, thinking that this time it would be different.

As they say, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Just because I no longer use, the addict in me is still active and I can get puffed up with my own importance and become self-righteous and go back to the old game of you are the one using, you are in the wrong. I forget that I can slip mentally and emotionally, even if I don't physically pick up.

When the insanity returns, I block the power from working in my life because I am so caught up in the chaos and I go back to the 'Great I am!"
A post I made in January 2008

Went to the meeting today because I found myself cussing to much. It has been happening for a while, and didn't stop after I went to an Al-Anon meeting, so took myself off to a noon AA meeting. I went to AA for my denial. I went to NA for identification, and in Al-Anon/Nar-Anon, I found myself.

My son is a self admitted alcoholic/addict.

One of the first things I was told was to clean up my mouth. A good sign of a slip for me is when I start cursing everything and finding fault with everything around me. I may not be heading for a drink, because I know a drink would kill me because of my Diabetes, but I am heading to a place I don't like, a me that I don't want to be in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply