Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week, Words that begin with the letter "XYZ"

X is for X marks the spot. That is when you make the decision. Do I continue on in this crazy life style or do I stop and get help? Remember the spot you had your last drink, do you want to go back there?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 10-20-2014 at 03:21 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
AWalton789

Haha, X is a tough one!

How about X is for X-ray. Take the time to truly examine inside your head and your heart. What are your goals, your hopes and dreams. What needs dusting off? What needs to change? What did you find deep inside that you almost forgot about?
AWalton789 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AWalton789 For Sharing:
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

X is for Xanthic (having a yellow colour). I no longer have to be that screaming shrew full of fear thanks to the program, I can change how I react to others and become a more mature and responsible person. I get the courage and strength from my God, when He brings me to it He will see me through it. I don't have to be a coward and run away from those fears.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

X is for Xenophobia. I no longer have the fear and hatred of strangers and aliens. The program teaches me unconditional love and the letting go of the unknown.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

X is for the X. The X that tells us my picture didn't print. That picture that tells a thousand words, the picture that we forget we can often left click on and click on show picture, and the X will go away. I don't know about you, but I can get a mini resentment when I see X's. They take away my recovery messages that I want to share with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Y is for Yell. Yell, scream, and shout! Tell the good news, there is a new way of life. We no longer have to live under the bondage of addiction. We are free from the bondage of the yoke we carried for so many years. When we let go and let God, we are free to live clean and sober, one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zest. Do you have a zest for life? You have been give a new chance at life. Are you making the most of it? Do you have your zig to go with your zag?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Y is Yes. Say Yes to recovery. Say yes, if you say, no it could be worse. I may be senile, and it may be a "JoAnne" thing, and I may be going senile, but if I was using, heaven forbid!

Say Yes to recovery, say "No" to using, just for today, I choose not to use. My worst day in recovery is better day than the best day when I was using. When I was getting my blood pressure taken today, the song that was playing said, ""Get on the train, let go of the past and make room for the future." God sent me a friend today and I got a hug!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zipper. Put a zipper on your lip. We have a Canadian slogan that many American's hadn't heard of when I first started posting on line, "Hesitate and Meditate" which is a polite way of saying the same thing.

Was never any good at sewing, had to make a dress for home economics and asked my grandmother to help me after trying 7 times to put one in a dress. I never wore the dress. I was in grade nine, it was a turquoise green, it was sleeveless, and I am shocking myself that the memory is still there. Now I can zip up the space that memory held. LOL!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zero. When all our score cards read Zero, we made the decision to get help. Why do we keep going back for more? Why do we think this time it will be different? It is the disease, that tells us such zany things.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zip. You can zip from meeting to meeting, or you can zip from state to state, changing your Zip Code because you can't afford to pay the rent.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply