Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 2

Wisdom for Today
I remember one time when I asked my sponsor, "What is your secret? I mean how do you stay happy?" He just laughed as he often did when I asked him a question. Then he looked at me seriously, and he said, "Take it as it comes." I wasn't really sure what he meant, but over the next years I began to understand what he said more and more. What he was referring to was taking life as it comes. Deal with your troubles as they arise; maintain a sense of inner calm in the middle of your problems, knowing that God is near; and rise above the problems of life, keeping yourself spiritually healthy. This was the secret that was at first hidden to me in my sponsor's statement, "Take it as it comes."
In my recovery I like many others have had to face many different problems. Often times I have felt weighted down by the inescapable events of life and the pain that sometimes comes with these events. Loss in particular has been hard, whether it is the death of a loved one, or loss of a job due to economic pressures and downsizing or loss of health. Any loss can be difficult, but I have learned in recovery to take it as it comes. I can face problems as they arise. I can maintain an inner calm in the storms of life. I can rise above and stay spiritually healthy. Do I "Take it as it comes?"
Meditations for the Heart
The other important part of my sponsor's message was the fact that I also had to learn to take the blessings I received as they came. It became important for me to learn to recognize each blessing I got along the journey of recovery. It became important for me to carry these blessings with me. It also became important for me to give these blessings away to others in the program. My sponsor told me that I would receive blessings along the way in recovery, but I had no idea that so many good things could happen to me. Every time a window was closed, God has opened a door somewhere else for me. Each time I felt weak, I have been given strength. Each time I give away these things to others in the program, I am blessed again. Because each time I give it away, I am allowed to keep what I have. Do I bring blessings to others along my journey?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
One day at a time I have learned to walk with You on this road of recovery. You have placed people in my life that have shared their wisdom and courage and strength with me. Show me now how to be a blessing to others in my life that they may reap the blessings of recovery just as I have.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply