Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

Wisdom for Today
We owe a lot to the founders of the AA program. Although these same people would say that what they did was simply borrowed from others, they indeed put the pieces together to develop a program of recovery that works. It all started with two men desperate to find a way out of the insanity of alcoholism. They met and shared their stories with each other. They were not looking to help the other person, but looking for a way to help themselves. From these original two individuals, a group was formed. Then other groups formed following the same principles. Today there are hundreds and hundreds of groups worldwide. There are thousands upon thousands of people who have used the Twelve Steps to find recovery.
Each and every day new people join these groups. In each person's case, the beginning starts with admitting powerlessness and in turning it over to the care of a Power greater than themselves. This Higher Power surely has done great things in and among the individuals of these groups. Yes, it all started with two people who found strength in and with each other and through a Higher Power. I can look back now and know that I owe a great deal to this program. It saved my life. Am I doing what I can to help the program grow and flourish?
Meditations to my Higher Power
Many of the original principles of the program were adapted from the Bible and its teachings. One verse often sited by our founders was, "Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they will be filled." I know I could never be filled when I was drinking and using drugs. I always was left empty and spiritually bankrupt. I knew once I got into the program that I was hungry for something, but I really didn't know what. I just knew I had to stop, and I didn't know how. It did not take long though for me to hear and learn the steps. I began to realize that I would need to hunger and thirst after something other than drugs and alcohol. I would need to hunger and thirst after the will of a Power outside of myself. My way just did not work. Today I find that I still hunger and thirst; but now it is for the courage to do the will of God, as I understand Him. Do I know that I will be filled if I do God's will for me?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Each day I wake up hungry for Your guidance. I thirst after Your strength and power in my life. Give me courage to become a servant in the groups I attend. Let me be willing to do any service work I am requested to do. Let me always remain grateful for the gift of this program and what it has done for me.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply