Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

Wisdom for Today
There are those times when anger just seems to bubble up in life. It really doesn't matter what the cause of the anger is, what is important is how we react to the anger. Anger can be a very strong emotion that can play havoc in our lives. It is perhaps the emotion that we are most likely to lose control of, as if we really had any control to begin with. Each of us has our own unique set of clues that we are angry. Perhaps it is when you clench your jaw tighter, or when your breathing becomes deeper. We know that anger is lurking in our lives when these clues tell us it is close by.
Anger can jump up out of nowhere, and it can silently sneak up on us. Still, when this happens, we have choices. We have a choice not to run to the bottle. We have a choice not to run to drugs. We have a choice about how we behave when anger occurs. The program gives us these choices and many more. When anger comes up for me, I know that my thinking gets screwed up quickly; and so I know I must use the steps and ask my Higher Power for help. I need to stay aware of my character defects coming into play. I need to take slow breaths and seek shelter from the storm. I call my sponsor and discuss the matter. I pray. I use the steps, and I find healthier ways to respond to life. Do I know what I need to do when I become angry?
Meditations for the Heart
Painful as early recovery can be, one day each of us finds out the reasons for this pain. It is important for me to be open to learning in my pain, because I know these can indeed be valuable life lessons. Pain is not just about being tested or about loss; it can also be a time of instruction and also preparation for the rest of our journey in recovery. When I am in the middle of a painful situation, I don't like it. It is uncomfortable, and it hurts. Today I have learned much from my painful times. It brings me into much closer contact with my Higher Power. It can teach faith in the struggle. It can bring new insights into how our own behavior is at least in part responsible for the pain. Pain also can strengthen and toughen the spirit. Pain also can be a strong way of telling us that what we are seeking is not good for us. Pain can be a very good teacher. Am I open to learning the lessons that pain can teach? Do I know that all pain eventually subsides and goes away?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today I pray that if I am tested, I also will be willing to grow through the process. Help me to remain focused on my responsibilities when I am angry or in pain. Lift me up so that I might know that You are with me. Let me trust You with the outcome.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply