Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

Wisdom for Today
Today is a gift. Each and every day I stay clean and sober is a gift from the program and from my Higher Power. I have choices in how I enter this day and in how I use this time I am given. Most of us, when we receive a gift, do not immediately jump up and down on it and break it. We value the gift we have received. And so it is with this day we have been given. When I see each day as a gift and value it, my approach to my day is different. I can start my day with a true sense of gratitude and thank God for all that He has done for me. I can eagerly ask for His help and guidance throughout my day. I can end my day and look back and realize that the gift I received was valued and that I did all I could to use my time wisely.

Each day unfolds differently. None of us can foresee the events that are about to occur. However, no matter what happens in my day, I have come to believe that when I walk through it with my Higher Power, I will be kept safe. Having this security is truly a wonder. No matter what problems arise, I know that I can be assured all the strength and courage I need for the day. I know that I can make constructive choices and follow the narrow path upon which God leads me. All I need do is listen for the heartbeat of His Spirit and follow it. Do I truly value the gift of another day?
Meditations for the Heart
“God is not finished with me yet.” This realization brings a whole new perspective for me. When I think about how God rescued me from drowning in a raging flood of addiction, I can be confident that He did not do this only to throw me back again. Yes, I can choose to jump back in, or I can walk too closely to the edge and slide back into the torrents, but this is not His plan for me. An Emergency Medical Technician does not administer CPR only to turn around and suffocate you once you have been revived. I do not know where God’s plan for me will lead, but I am confident that His plan is better than mine. His will is to lead me to the promises of the program; I simply need follow. I need to do the footwork. I need to be open and willing to follow His lead. Am I honestly working to follow His will for me?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Today give me a heart that is willing to rely on You and Your plan for me. Help me to find true security in Your loving arms. Guide me through the steps of this day. I trust You to keep me in the way and give me the strength to not let go.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply