Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Wisdom for Today
Did you ever have one of those days that was just good all the way around? Recovery has blessed me with many of these kinds of days. I don't think I can say that about my days when I was active in my addiction. Sure, there were good times, times when I wasn't in trouble; and those days were marked by luck when I was still getting high. Drinking became more and more a part of my life. Using drugs never seemed to slow down. But I really don't think I could ever say that I had a really good day – a day when I was at peace with the world and with myself. Using just seemed to take any real joy out of the day.
One thing that has really helped me to have those good days in recovery has been to learn to sing the song, "Don't bring me down." What I mean is this. There is nothing in this life that is so heavy or that can upset me so much that it gets me down. I have learned to have a deep abiding faith that my Higher Power walks with me in all that I do. He is always there to take care of me. Yes, things still go wrong in my life, and I have problems, but nothing that will bring me down to the depths that my addiction once did. I am climbing out of those depths only to reach new heights. It is a part of His plan for my life in recovery. Do I know that I will never go back to the depths as long as I keep my Higher Power by my side?
Meditations for the Heart
There was a time when I walked through the desert of life. The burning sun sapped the life out of me. Then I came to the program and like a big rock in the middle of that desert, it provided shade for me. It was a shelter from that which certainly would have brought me death. It provided shade for me from the searing heat. At first, this safe place was wonderful. Then early in recovery I began to wonder if I could ever leave the safety that this rock represented. I began to think that I was stuck out in the middle of the desert and would never be able to leave the safety of the shade that the program offered. It was purely an act of faith to leave this spot in hopes of finding green valleys that I heard so many talk of in the program. I was surprised to find out that the rock followed me. This is what God does. He lifts the rock and carries it so that we always have a safe place to go to. God is our refuge and our strength. Am I finding the faith to continue my journey in recovery?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I do not know yet what this day will bring, but I am confident in You. I have watched You provide a safe place for me day after day in my journey. It is Your strength that I rely on. This is not something I could do without Your help and guidance. Let me have a strong faith in Your everlasting help. Help me to know that every day in recovery is a good day.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply