Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

Wisdom for Today
Every one of us in the program has clay feet. However, we do not all have the same weaknesses. This is why we depend on the group as a whole. We do not want to rely on any one person alone, even our sponsor. While sponsors are individuals who have a good deal of clean time under their belt, they too have clay feet. This is why the fellowship and the group are so important to us. We need other people to bounce ideas off of. We need to be able to talk to others when we are not finding the help we are seeking. The program teaches us “not to put all our eggs in one basket.” Sponsors are not perfect, and neither is anyone else in the program.
I feel sorry for those that do not develop a number of relationships in the program. They are choosing to walk on thin ice. What happens if the person they are depending on most relapses? What happens if the person they are depending on most moves away? Each of us needs to find a sponsor that helps us find our way in recovery, but we should all take caution in relying only on this person. There is only one that we can rely on always and that one is our Higher Power. God is always there for us, but we still need others we can talk to and get feedback from. Putting someone on a pedestal and relying on just that one person can lead to big trouble for us in our recovery. Have I developed a network of individuals for the ongoing support I need?
Meditations for the Heart
There is a peace that cannot be taken from us. That peace is an inner peace that passes all understanding. It is an inner peace that is a gift from God. No one person has the power to disrupt this inner peace. They can't take it from us. Only we can disrupt this peace by refusing to work the program and falling on our faces. We must guard this peace with a real sense of purpose. We must guard it, as if it is the most valuable possession we have. We must be careful not to let the world's insanity and problems into this inner peace. If we do, it is too easy for us to be distracted by these problems and lose the gift of our inner peace. This does not mean that we ignore problems when they arise, it just means that we must always have a safe place to go when we start to get overwhelmed by the problems around us. This inner peace provides us with solitude to think, to meditate, to ask for help, to receive strength and courage. Yes, we must keep on our guard to value this gift. Do I protect my inner peace and value the gift I have received?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I am so grateful for the gift of inner peace that I have received. Help me to do what is necessary to protect this inner peace by not letting the insanity and problems of life get to me on the inside. Help me this day to expand my network of friends in recovery and in the world. Give me courage to ask for help when I need it. Teach me to rely on this group of friends.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply