Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Wisdom for Today
At almost every meeting I attend, I hear words of wisdom. Sometimes this wisdom comes from an old-timer in the program and at other times it may come from someone who is brand new to the program. Sometimes, I even surprise myself and hear the words coming out of my mouth. These words of wisdom may be a quick one liner or they may come from someone who speaks for several minutes. I never really know where I will hear these words of wisdom; I just know that it is my job to listen for them.

It may be that I hear an old idea restated in a different way that sheds light on my current issues. It may be that I am hearing something for the first time or it may simply be that it is the first time that what was said makes sense. Over time I have learned that I need to listen for these words because I never know when I might need them. It may be the same day or it may be months from now that I will be able to use these words in my own life. One thing I do know is that without
these words of wisdom, I still might be stuck at step one. These words of wisdom have taught me how to live the program. These words of wisdom have helped me time after time deal with difficult situations in my life. These words have helped to save my life. Do I put the words I hear into action?
Meditations for the Heart
Sometimes I still behave in ways that I later regret. I say things to someone else that I wish I hadn’t or I behave in ways I wish never happened. Each of us in recovery has these experiences. What is important about these experiences is that we learn from them. What could I have done differently? What amends might I need to make? What is the real issue underneath of my behavior? What character defect emerged in this situation? What was my part in what happened? It has been important for me to ask myself questions like this in my recovery. It has also been important for me to talk with others about situations like this so that I can gain insight and perspective. Sometimes, in fact frequently, I discover that I simply did not have a good answer to my issue. This is why talking to others has helped me in my recovery. Other times, I find new solutions to old problems. Do I remain open to growing in my recovery?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Life is sometimes hard and I am not sure how to handle it. I screw up and I make mistakes. I am so grateful that You put people in my life to help me sort through these difficulties. Grant me this day an open mind and good ears to listen for words of wisdom that may help me along my journey. Grant me humility to admit my mistakes and learn from them.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply