Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

Wisdom for Today
One of my favorite aspects of attending meetings is the incredible diversity of the people who attend. We all come into the program from different walks of life. There can be everything from a homeless street addict to a top CEO from business and industry. You will see doctors, layers, and Indian chiefs, housewives, blue-collar workers and teenagers, old-timers and people of every color. Addiction to alcohol and drugs shows no partiality. This very diversity of the program is one of its greatest assets. Each of us brings our own unique perspectives on life in recovery. We are able to teach each other by sharing our experience, strength and hopes with each other. What is one persons character defect, shortcoming or weakness may be someone else's strength.
Each of us in the program has something to offer another. What is my weakness may be your strength. And my strength may be exactly what you are looking for. These strengths and weakness that exist within the program help to balance out the whole. Finding balance is something we all need, and the program helps us to achieve just this. We may all have the same problem, but it is this very diversity with the program that helps us learn how to live life again. It is important for each of us to recognize that we have something to offer. It is just as important for each of us to see that we have something to learn. Do I see that balance and learning to live can be achieved through the members of the program?
Meditations for the Heart
"Stay connected," these are the words my sponsor gave me over and over again. He wasn't just talking about our relationship, although he expected me to call him everyday in the beginning. He was talking about staying connected to my home group. He was talking about staying connected to the program and the steps. He was talking about staying connected to my Higher Power. At first staying connected meant being glued to my support system. As I got further along in recovery, it meant staying plugged in. This connection to all the support has kept me from going back to relying only on myself, and I know that would be nothing but trouble. I have seen people with years of recovery under their belt get unplugged from their support system only to see them eventually get unplugged from recovery. Because of this I know better. Do I stay connected?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
You have created the world as a place of marked diversity, a place in your own image. This very diversity is what helps me become a better person and teaches me how to live with balance. Balance helps me maintain a true sense of humility. This day help me to stay connected to the support that is always available to me. Teach me not to fear asking for help. Let me also be willing to give help when I am asked.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply