Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditation - February 26

Nothing is impossible with God. NOTHING. Not even that thing. Your thing. The One Thing that seems to defy all attempts to defeat it, restore it, heal it, change it, overcome it, undo it, or just to get through it. Your God cares and He is a God who CAN. Believe it. Experience it. God is Able. --Priscilla Shirer

Every moment of our life is a precious gift from God.

What are you waiting for at the moment? Picture yourself placing these things, and any worries you may have, in the Lord’s hands.

No matter where we are, we can worship God.

Jesus is the source of our lives and we need to spend time with God — the “living water” that sustains us.

In his humanity, Christ experienced many trials. But because of his humanity Christ understands and helps us when we experience pain, suffering, doubt, or feelings of abandonment. Christ is with us to help us endure our own trials. How grateful we are that we serve a risen Savior who has walked where we walk and who continues to walk with us today! Christ understands and will help us with our weaknesses.

In days of prosperity or adversity we can find refuge in God.

Every problem is an opportunity to trust God.
We all experience difficulties, problems, and trials throughout life. Usually, we also look for ways to solve those problems. All of the various solutions basically ask one of these two questions: "What can I do to solve this?" Or, "What can God do to solve this?"
In other words, we either try to solve the problem on our own, or we let God solve it. Obviously, it is much wiser to give your problems to God.
Therefore, in the midst of your problem, Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). Trust God to solve your problems. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal (Isaiah 26:4).
During your trials you should frequently quote Psalm 91:2: I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Furthermore, when you're truly trusting in God, there is nothing to worry about. Jesus said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me" (John 14:1).
Make this your cry: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7).
Trust the Lord God Almighty in every area of your life, even during problems, because every problem gives you an opportunity to trust God. Weekly Wisdom

Gray Areas by Mary-Ellen Grisham
Recently I got some photos back from last summer and fall, and I found that only eight out of the twenty-four had been developed. The others were only gray blobs due to a camera with a failing battery. Now my camera has been serviced, and I am confident the next roll will be
complete. I suppose, though, I will wonder about all those missing pictures, all those gray areas.
In our Christian walk, we also encounter gray areas that are difficult to “weather.” We may have a wonderful friend who is going through difficult times, and we don’t quite know what to do to help. We may have a persistent enemy who tries to steal our joy with complaints, criticism, or destructive behavior. Once again, we don’t quite know what to do to minister to this person’s dislike. We may be facing an unexpected medical diagnosis recently given that is affecting our whole outlook on life. Of course, this list of uncharted gray areas could go on and on.
Even though our Bible tells us that “a friend loves at all times” (Proverbs l7:17), that we need to turn the other cheek and go the second mile with our enemies (Matthew 5:38-45), and that we should trust the Lord with all our hearts (Proverbs 3:5), we hesitate over specifics and how-to’s. We want to be positive and maintain good attitudes and actions, but we falter. Why does loving have to be so difficult sometimes?—we ask ourselves.
With our friend, we try prayer, discussion, and Bible truths. We may suggest outings and activities—even professional help. As we struggle in this gray area, we come to realize that our inadequacy is God’s opportunity. If we pray earnestly, many times we are given what to do, and we see the “mysterious” work of the Lord in the life that so concerns us. We learn that we cannot impose our will or our “superior” knowing, but that we must meet our friend as equals trusting in the Lord.
Making progress with enemies sometimes takes years, but again absolute reliance on God’s timing and purpose can ease our load. Our reliance on His love for us even in these situations of conflict and weariness can strengthen us to cope.
Facing threatening health issues may cause the strongest of us to falter, but once again absolute trust and reliance on God, prayer and obedience to Bible teachings, and firm belief in God’s purpose and love for our life can help us on our way.
Every day is a challenge to find God’s way for our lives and to share the love of God through the way we live. How comforting it is to rely with faith and trust in the Lord, listening to His Word and to the whispers of the Holy Spirit to heart, mind, and soul.

STABILITY IN THE MIDST OF CHANGE by Pat Earl
Mounds of glistening white snow cover the landscape. Cedars and maples alike are laden with mantels of white--truly a winter wonderland. But then, the temperature rises. Gently falling snowflakes change to freezing rain, and our once safe countryside is coated with ice, dangerous
for both man and vehicle.
We can enjoy the beauty of creation from the comforts of our warm homes. We can be thankful for family, friends, food on our tables and clothing on our backs. But just as the weather changes, so too can our circumstances, and all we hold dear can be removed in an instant. We
live in a world of constant change. Our only steadfast hope is in the unchangeability of our God. He remains the same yesterday, today and forever. A relationship with Him is the only insurance we have for true joy, peace of mind and eternal life.
Life on earth is what we know and what we cling to. However, no matter how much we accumulate, we cannot ransom our souls or the souls of those we love. Only Jesus is able to do that. He alone paid the costly price to redeem lost souls. His last spoken words before dying on the cross were, "It is finished." (John 19:30) Through His death and resurrection, all souls who seek Him with contrite, repentant hearts will be forgiven and have eternal life. Until time as we know it is no more, that will never change. Only with Christ in our hearts and our hands in God's powerful hand, can we navigate the ever changing maze of life on earth.
May we hold fast to the Father knowing His love is steadfast and sure, an immovable rock and the solid anchor for our souls. His enduring word will light our paths and guide us on our homeward journey. God is faithful. His promises never change.
“For He is the living God, And steadfast forever; His kingdom is the one which shall not be destroyed And His dominion shall endure to the end.” (Daniel 6:26b)

I Have Decided by Bill Sherrill
There is a song I remember from the days of my youth that I still find running through my mind. The opening line goes, "I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back." Those were brave words for a young man in the early battles of life's struggles with Satan. They brought to mind shiny new uniforms and victorious battles -- a hero of the Faith with medals of valor.
The second line was even more presumptuous. "Though none go with me, Still I will I follow. No turning back, no turning back." It never crossed my mind how lonely that boast might be. After all, if David could "Walk through the valley of the shadow of death" and "fear no evil," surely I could walk alone in the earthly shadows and be brave.
But, the years have passed and the battle is still engaged. The uniform is worn and tattered. While there are many scars from the wounds, there are no medals to attest to heroism. In fact, there has been precious little to point to with pride. There have been days of glory, but also days of shame. Wonderful moments when the Spirit has helped me "soar on eagle's wings," and days of deep darkness and despair. I have come to understand the Psalms of King David much more clearly as he rides the roller coaster of the battle of life.
But, the song is still there... and though ragged and scarred, I find the words of decision no less true. I have learned that with all my strength I am a pitiful mismatch for the forces of Satan, but I serve in the army of a King who has assured the victory! I long for the faith of Job to cry out, "Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him" (Job 13:15), but I find "O God, be merciful to me a sinner" (Luke 18:13), much more appropriate. Still, the song hasn't gone away, "I have decided to follow Jesus!... No turning back, no turning back!"

The Wolves by Lynne Phipps
3 John 1:1,3,4 – The elder, to my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth. It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (NIV)
We have had two wolf packs in town this winter. One of them has been residing in a popular walking area, which has caused concern, to say the least. So far, six dogs have been killed by these hungry predators, and I don't want any of my crew to be number seven. I am thus exercising extreme caution when allowing them to run freely along the bush trails. The dogs must always be within my sight, and my constant command is to stay close. A dog walking with its master is at almost no risk from the wolves, whereas a dog running ahead or behind, out of sight of the master, is at a high risk of attack and almost certain death.
When the apostle John heard that his friend Gaius was staying close by the truth of Jesus Christ, he was thrilled. Knowing that his children were walking in the truth as they had been taught was, in fact, John's greatest joy. Why? Because he knew that walking in the truth of Christ kept them close to the Master. The closer they were to the Master, the safer, happier, more productive, and at peace their lives would be, no matter what happened.
Similarly today, we, too, must seek to be faithful to the truth and continue to walk in it. The wolves of persecution, apathy, temptation, and the like still abide in abundance. Staying close to the Master by listening to the Holy Spirit's voice within us, reading the Word, fellowshipping with other believers, praying and praising continually in our hearts, and taking every thought captive to Christ are definite musts, for without them, we are easy prey for the predators spawned by the evil one — and who among us wants to be anyone's prey?
So today, let us take a moment to check our whereabouts. Are we walking close to our Master, the way, the truth, and the life, or are we out of sight, doing our own thing?
Prayer: Lord God, may the desire of our hearts continually be to walk faithfully in the truth, a walk that brings You, and ultimately us, too, the greatest of joy. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old shotgun and three bullets. So, he decided that he would go out and shoot something for dinner.
As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit and he shot at the rabbit and missed it. Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel and missed it.
As he went further, he saw a wild turkey in the tree and he had only one bullet, but a voice came to him and said, "Pray first, aim high and stay focused."
However, at the same time, he saw deer which was a better dinner. He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake. Still, the voice said again to him, "I said 'pray first, aim high and stay focused.’"
So, the man decided to listen to the voice. He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree and shot the wild turkey. The bullet bounced off the turkey and shot the deer. The handle fell off the gun and hit the snake in the head and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond. When he stood to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a deer and a turkey to eat. The snake was dead also, because the man listened to God.
The moral to this story is to pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, stay focused on God and remember this: Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Proverbs 4:25 Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Your feelings of being displaced are hard to shake, but as soon as you come into divine order and get in the flow of My Spirit, you will feel right at home. Refuse to allow lingering regrets and condemnation to plunge you into darkness. As soon as you leave the past behind and move forward, you will see that you are all right, says the Lord. Psalms 27:13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

To those of you who are feeling disconnected and lost, I admonish you to come back to a place in Me where you find safety and security. In the world you will have trouble and difficult situations to deal with, but in Me there is peace and tranquility, says the Lord. Come! John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

I am taking you up to a high place in the spiritual realm so that you can see with clarity what I require of you before you can move beyond the things that have hindered your walk with Me in the Spirit. And, when you see and understand the work of the enemy against you, the power to overcome will be present with you. Behold, I give you power over all the works of the devil, says the Lord. Luke 10:19 19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Remember that you have embarked on a new era. You have come full circle and will have opportunities to begin again. But, you will have to take every opportunity to make more righteous choices this time around. Keep your focus clearly on doing what will produce the best outcome morally and spiritually, says the Lord. Refuse to allow selfish ambition to drive you. Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Discouragement will kill your faith. This is no time to give up; it is a time to renew your hope and faith. Remind yourself of what you know to be truth through My Word and by way of experience. There is plenty of negativity to go around and things to bring you down, so you have to make the effort to be uplifted, says the Lord. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Watch for the enemy to try to bring confusion or fear. This will be an effort to take you off course by getting you out of the flow of My Spirit, says the Lord. Do not overreact to current circumstances. You must take the time to re-establish yourself in peace and faith. I will guide you through this maze. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Now is the season of elevation. This is the time when you come up to the mountain of the Lord-- come before My throne of righteousness. Commune with Me and grow up in all things. It is your time to grow and to receive the revelation of who you are and who I am. I will outline your destiny and will cause great joy to come into your life, says the Lord.

Listen, My people, and I will show you and will demonstrate the kingdom that I have in mind. Come forth in faith. Come forth full of excitement. Come forth, and I shall bring you into the land of discovery. In the process of time, you will indeed discover those things that have been hidden away from you for such a time as this. The discovery of these revelations will set you free, for they will bring you higher than ever you have been before. This time of discovery will lead to elevation, says the Lord God Most High.

Remember, I Love You by Joan Clifton Costner
In the storms of life,
Remember, I Love You.
When you’re suffering,
Remember, I’m there, too.
When you think you’re all alone
And you feel you can’t go on ~
Oh, beloved child remember,
I Love You!
When the sunrise comes
In glory, I love you.
When the stars fall
In surrender, I love you.
When the dusk is red in splendor
And the evening breeze is tender,
Oh, my dear beloved, remember,
I love you!
I can speak in a million ways
To any human heart.
All you need is that tenderness
That sets your soul apart.
I’ve a million ways to tell you,
If you open up the door,
And I’m longing so
To always tell you more.
When you hear the music swelling,
I love you ~ don’t you know?
With each bird call you are saying,
"I love you. Yes, love you, so!"
And, when evening shadows fall,
Then, I love you most of all.
Precious child, you must remember,
I Love You!

Stepping Stones to God by Helen Steiner Rice
An aching heart is but a steppingstone
To greater joy than you've ever known,
For things that cause the heart to ache
Until you think that it must break,
Become the strength by which we climb
To higher heights that are sublime,
And feel the radiance of God's smiles
When we have soared above life's trials.
So when you're overwhelmed with fears
And all your hopes are drenched in tears,
Think not that life has been unfair
And given you too much to bear.
For God has chosen you because,
With all your weaknesses and flaws,
He feels that you are worthy of
The greatness of His wondrous love.
So welcome every stumbling block
And every thorn and jagged rock;
For each one is a steppingstone
To God, who wants you for His own.
For discipline in daily duty
Will shape your life for deeper beauty;
And as you grow in strength and grace,
The clearer you can see God's face;
And on the steppingstones of strife,
You reach at last eternal life.

Matthew 25:37-40 – Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?" The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

John 13:14 – Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. — Philippians 4:6

So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. — Luke 11:9-10

Come near to God and He will come near to you. — James 4:8

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. — Hebrews 4:16

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on Him in truth. — Psalm 145:18

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. — Ephesians 5:19–20

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. — James 5:13–16

14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. 15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. 16 May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children. 17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:14-17

Psalm 71:5-9 – For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth. By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb. My praise shall be continually of You. I have become as a wonder to many, but You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day. Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails.

Psalm 92:12-15 – The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Better Than a GPS by Kyle Idleman
I am ready. Lead on.
Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps. — Jeremiah 10:23
I have a GPS on my phone, but I rarely use it. I usually tend to think I know where I’m going, even when I don’t. For the most part, every time I do use the GPS, it’s because I’ve already tried finding something myself but have managed to get lost. When I finally type the destination into my phone, the first question that comes on the screen is this: “Directions from current location?” In other words, “Do you want to start where you are?”
The answer to that question seems obvious enough, right? Of course I want to start from here. I’m not even sure where “here” is, but I’m confident that I want to start from here. And as soon as I answer that question affirmatively, the GPS begins calculating my route — not from where I started before I lost my way, not from the direction I should be headed or from a point farther along my journey, but from right where I’m currently located.
So why does such an obvious answer physically seem to elude people spiritually? I’ve discovered that the most common reason people give for not following Jesus is that they want to get their lives together first. They want to get a few things squared away or take care of some personal issues. They want to start their journey from somewhere else than where they are currently located.
When Jesus invites you to follow Him, He wants you to start right now from your current location.
You don’t have to go back to where you started. You don’t need to get a little closer on your own. He reaches out to you with grace and love and invites you to follow Him. Feeling weak? Depend on His strength. Trapped in sin? Find freedom in His endless mercy. Been down this road before? Know that He is still patiently waiting for you to come home. Lost? Trust His directions.
Jesus wants you to start following Him from right where you are — and He wants you to start right now. It promises to be an incredible journey.
Describe your current spiritual location. Far from home? Lost off-road somewhere? Closer than you’ve ever been? Write out a prayer committing to follow Jesus wherever He leads. Affirm your desire to follow Him, right now, from right here.
A Follower’s Prayer: God, I want to be a follower of Your Son, Jesus. I am learning that following Jesus just means growing closer to Him and becoming more like Him. The problem with following Jesus is that I know me, and I am not like Him. His character, love, and rightness don’t match the real me. I need Your help to follow. I can’t do it on my own. I ask for Your grace and strength to give me everything I need to be more like Jesus. On this journey of understanding what following Jesus means, open my eyes to see that following is more about who You are than who I am. I want to know You. Just as You know me — better even than I know myself! — I want to really know You.
Today I am surrendering my willpower to be a better me and instead allowing You to be at work in me, making me more like You. Thank You for helping me follow You. Thank You for leading me to this book where my desire to follow You more closely is fed. I can’t be a follower without Your Holy Spirit showing me how to do it. My longing to be a follower of Jesus is as real as my weakness. So I give You my heart, mind, and body in order to follow. Thank You that You not only lead me but also show me how to follow. I am ready. Lead on. Amen.
Your Turn: Are you ready to start following Jesus right where you are — without your messes cleaned up? The truth is if we could clean ourselves up and get it together on our own without Jesus, we would have already! We can’t do it! He’s the only One who can help us make changes that stick, changes from the inside out. Today, let’s pray the Follower’s Prayer and let Jesus lead right where we are.

The Miracle of Life Author Unknown
When I see flowers fresh in bloom sprung to life in spring thrill after the dark night’s Winter chill, I think of the miracle of life and how nature itself is renewed. I know you can renew me in the same way, Lord. The miracle of life is within me too and the miracle of your love. Lord, put a spring in my step, that I may thrill at life again. Heal not only my body, Lord, but my mind and heart as well, then I will be able to praise you like flowers in abundance. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 3
1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. 2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. 3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. 4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. 5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. 6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. 7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. 8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Dear Lord, Thank you for leading us to glorify you no matter where we are. Help us to remember that our lives are better when we drink deeply of your living water. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply