Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2024, 06:35 PM   #1
Maryserp

Default Difference between Being Grateful, and Taking For Granted

Hello there folks! I am here because I feel this must be said by me. Many years have gone by in my lifetime, and I know I am not perfect. HECK! Nobody is perfect around here! As I grew up in a wonderful, and very loving family, I had not know how lost I was in this world that we live in. I, having been born with a cleft palette/Cleft lip, I actually expected so many things automatically, because I felt that I was "Special". Many years had gone past, when I found myself in the doors of AA, it was here that I finally learned about Gratitude, and just how important it means in my life every day.
I soon learned, even the very little things can bring a smile to ones face, and see how grateful people can be. I am so grateful now, that I have found my way in these doors of AA, and have seen what a difference my life is. Thanks to my greater source, I call GOD, and the loving support of my family and close friends, that I have been given "A NEW LIFE". I am keeping things as simple as possible, and realizing that my day contains only 24 hours, and it is MY job on how I manage these hours. Thanks for this remarkable recovery platform, and the people within these walls, that I have continued to love myself without question! Thanks everyone. Happy New Year!
Maryserp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maryserp For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply