Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Welcome Newcomers

Welcome to all those who are new to the site and new to recovery.

I was told to take each day as a new day, and instead of thinking Christmas day, think of it as a new beginning and a new day in recovery. Take out the fear and replace it with faith in the program, it works when you work it.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

You are the reason for my season and why I keep coming back. Without you there is no me, so I keep coming so I don't have to come back.

Thank you for sharing in my recovery.

Welcome to all the visitors, new and old. We keep looking for you and hope you will keep coming back.

Without you, there is no me. You are my daily connection now that I am not able to always get out to meetings.

Quote:
Turn your attention for a while away from the worries and anxieties. Remind yourself of all your many blessings.
- unknown to me
The holidays are a difficult time and yet it is just another day. Each day is a new beginning, just for today, I choose not to use.

I quit smoking on the 21st of December almost 14 years ago. I figured if I could get through the holiday, I could get through anything. I stayed home alone and didn't go near family that first year. I didn't think I could be around them and not pick up a cigarette.

I came out of treatment on the 13th of December, 1991. I went to my sister's because they didn't drink, or so I thought. They had gotten in Coolers and beer for company. I opened a cupboard door to get my sister something and there in front of me was a Texas Mickey of Canadian Club, one of my drugs of choice. I shut the door with a bang, to angry, because I thought, how dare they! It ended up they had won it at their Bowling League Christmas party. It isn't all about me. It was there, and it was up to me to say "No" and ask my Higher Power for help.

Whether you are here to read, share, or connect with others, yourself, and/or your Higher Power, we ask you to keep coming so you don't have to come back.

We pray that you find the solutions to your life challenges and that you choose a clean and sober way of living. Sobriety means soundness of mind.

Just a note to say "I am thinking of you" and hope you continue to visit with us on our Recovery Journey.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=ZS43976949

Just click on the link above....and when it opens you will find a treat - a Jacquie Lawson greeting card.

click on one Ink Bottle at a time and watch what happens !!!

EACH DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN IN OR AROUND THE FELLOWSHIPS, ALL YOU HAVE IS TODAY. WHAT YOU DID IN YESTERDAY OR IN THE PAST, IS GONE AND TODAY IS A NEW DAY. WE CAN BUILD A NEW FOUNDATION, SOMETHING STRONG ENOUGH TO HOLD US UP, WHEN WE THINK OF FALLING OR FAILING.

IF YOUR GOD BROUGHT YOU TO IT, HE/SHE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH IT!

THE ONLY WAY TO FAIL IS TO NOT TRY! THIS IS A SPIRITUAL PROGRAM. IT MAKES ROOM FOR LOTS OF RELIGIONS. DON'T LEAVE SOMEONE, INCLUDING YOURSELF, OUTSIDE OF THE CIRCLE.

Hope you will continue to come and sign in, and let us know you are there.

ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF RECOVERY!

You don't have to share, although it would be nice if you clicked on a "Thank You" to show that you can identify with what is written, or click on quick reply if you have a question.

It doesn't matter where you post, on old or new material. If something speaks to you, we are grateful that you found something to feed your soul and enrich your day.

It doesn't matter how often or how far you fall, it is about getting back up and trying again!

We keep looking for you and hope you will keep coming back.

Without you, there is no me. You are my daily connection now that I am not able to always get out to meetings.

Quote:
Turn your attention for a while away from the worries and anxieties. Remind yourself of all your many blessings.

- unknown to me
When I am feeling down, in pain, or just stuck, when I come to the site, it picks me up, soothes my soul, and makes me right with me. I wish the same for you. Keep coming, so you don`t have to come back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply