Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 24

that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! - Psalm 30:12

Colossians 1:17 — He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Colossians 2:6-7
Spiritual Fullness in Christ
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Psalms 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

Acts 20:24 I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV) - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. Psalms 112:7

1 Timothy 4:4-5 - 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 05:57 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 25

Psalm 95:6 (NIV) Come, let us bow down in worship...

Thought: Giving thanks starts with getting on your knees.

Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. Psalm 95:2

Philippians 4:6-7 — Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Imagine never being "anxious about anything!" It seems like an impossibility — we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul's advice is to turn our worries into prayers. Do you want to worry less? Then pray more! Whenever you start to worry, stop and pray.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Psalm 89:6-11

For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord?
Who is like the Lord among the heavenly beings?
In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared;
he is more awesome than all who surround him.
Who is like you, Lord God Almighty?
You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.

You rule over the surging sea;
when its waves mount up, you still them.
You crushed Rahab like one of the slain;
with your strong arm you scattered your enemies.
The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth;
you founded the world and all that is in it.

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Romans 15:7

Psalm 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:26 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 26

Psalm 118:1, 19-20 — Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Open for me the gates of the righteous; I will enter and give thanks to the LORD. This is the gate of the LORD through which the righteous may enter. I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

It's Thanksgiving. It is a time set aside to recognize God's goodness to us through praising him and giving him thanks for all his wondrous works. Giving thanks turns our focus from self to the Lord's greatness and love.

Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,

Psalm 105:1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

1 Corinthians 15:57 (NIV) - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #35
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 27

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT): Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: A thankful heart goes a long way. God wants us to be thankful all the time. How do we do that? By praying and studying His Word. Today let’s thank God for Who He is and what He has done for us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life. Help me to always be thankful in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. - Psalm 100:4

Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Psalm 25:4
Old 11-28-2015, 03:58 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 28

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:19-22 (NLT): Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.

Today’s Thought: We must not quench the Holy Spirit in church and in our daily lives. The Holy Spirit wants to move in us and through us all the time but we must be willing. Are you a willing vessel today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that I do not quench You. I pray that You move through me today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. —Philippians 2:14-15

1 Chronicles 16:8 Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Mark 8:34-35 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

Isaiah 45:2-7

I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:42 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 29

I Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NLT): Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.

Today’s Thought: We must strive to live a holy life no matter what. When we mess up, and we will, repent and try again. This is often a life-long process but it should be our goal.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me live a holy life. When I mess up I ask You to quicken my spirit and I would be fast to repent. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. - Psalm 28:7

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. —Philippians 2:14-15

Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.

Hosea 12:6 Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

Isaiah 61:7 Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Jeremiah 20:11

But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;
so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
their dishonor will never be forgotten.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Matthew 6:19-20 (NIV) - “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 30

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. - Hebrews 10:36

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the LORD unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. —Psalm 69:30

2 Peter 3:10-11 - 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives.

All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. Psalm 38:9
Post New ThreadReply