Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > A.A. History With Dick B.

Share This Forum!  

A.A. History With Dick B. Dick B. is an active, recovered member of Alcoholics Anonymous; a retired attorney; and a Bible student. He has sponsored more than one hundred men in their recovery from alcoholism. Consistent with A.A.'s traditions of anonymity, he uses the pseudonym "Dick B." Please feel free to read and share in this forum.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
dickb
Super Moderator

Icon21 Bill W.: Born Again and In Christ - the story

A.A. History:
Bill Wilson’s 1943 Affirmation of His Born Again Status “in” Christ

By Dick B.
© 2014 Anonymous. All rights reserved

Born again

Bill Wilson said in his autobiography: “For sure, I’d been born again.” Dick B., The Conversion of Bill W., 110.

After Ebby’s visit to Bill prior to Bill’s decision for Christ at Calvary Mission, Bill Wilson wrote of Ebby “The man was transformed; there was no denying he had been reborn.” Dick B., The Conversion of Bill W., xv, 47. 49

After Bill Wilson made his own decision for Christ at the rail at Calvary Mission, he told his wife Lois the following, which she quoted in a speech in Texas: “And he went up, and really, in very great sincerity, did hand over his life to Christ” Dick B. The Conversion of Bill W., 61.

Lois Wilson wrote in her autobiography: “Although my joy and faith in his rebirth continued, I missed his companionship. Dick B., The Conversion of Bill W., 114.

Even author Mel B., the man who dubs himself a casual historian, concluded: “His was clearly a kind of “born again: experience. Mel B., New Wine, 88.

In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: “Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

In 1 Peter 1:23, the Apostle Peter wrote: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.”

In Christ:

In January 13, 1943, Bill Wilson signed his full name “Bill Wilson” in an inscription in a First Edition Big Book he gave to his friend, Dr. Jess M. Bader. A photo of the inscription was sent to me {Dick B.} by Ken R. I have it in my archives and have shown it at A.A. History conferences,
Ken R. also posted the following message on the web:

“I just purchased a First Edition, Third
printing Big Book inscribed on the front free
endpaper, "To my friend Dr. Jesse M. Bader,
Yours in Christ, Bill Wilson, 1/13/43."

Jesse Moren Bader (1886-1963) was a noted
evangelist, ecumenist and global leader. He
founded the global, ecumenical, World Communion
Sunday which was launched on October 6, 1940
and continues on the first Sunday in October
each year.

This is the first time I've ever seen Bill W.
inscribe anything "Yours in Christ" and it's
also notable that he signed his full name. He
apparently stopped signing his full last name
about the time the Traditions were coming out.

Sincerely,
Ken R.”

In 2 Corinthians 5:17, the Apostle Paul wrote: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” King James Version (bold face added)

In Romans 8:1, the Apostle Paul wrote: “There is therefore no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (King James Version (bold face added)

See also: in the King James Version, bold face added by Dick B.

2 Corinthians 2:17 “in the sight of God speak we in Christ”

1 Peter 5:14 “Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen,

Appendix: “In Christ”

Ken B.

Rom 16:7: Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

1 Cor 1 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1 Cor 1:30: But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1 Cor 3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 Cor 5 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 1:22: And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

Eph 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Phil 1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Phil 4 Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.

Col 1 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thess 2 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

1 Thess 4 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Pet 5 Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
dickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply