Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL THIRD STEP PRAYER as Used by DR. BOB

Dear God,

I'm sorry about the mess I've made of my life. I want to turn away from all the wrong things I've ever done and all the wrong things I've ever been.
Please forgive me for it all. I know You have the power to change my life and can turn me into a winner.
Thank You, God for getting my attention long enough to interest me in trying it Your way.
God, please take over the management of my life and everything about me. I am making this conscious decision to turn my will and my life over to Your care and am asking You to please take over all parts of my life.
Please, God, move into my heart. How ever You do it is Your business, but make Yourself real inside me and fill my awful emptiness. Fill me with your love and Holy Spirit and make me know Your will for me.
And now, God, help Yourself to me and keep on doing it. I'm not sure I want You to, but do it anyhow.
I rejoice that I am now a part of Your people, that my uncertainty is gone forever, and that You now have control of my will and my life.
Thank You and praise Your name.
Amen.

Originally posted by Carol on another site.
This was my favorite Step until I came to Step Eleven. What was important for me about this step was to realize that I put my life into God's care. I didn't give my life to Him to deal with, I ask for His Help in caring for myself.

There was no actions to take in this step. All I had to do was come to a decision. The action comes at the end when it says to listen to the quiet and say the Serenity Prayer, asking for the courage, strength and honesty to work the rest of the Steps. If you have a fear of doing Step Four, go back to Step One and work the three steps again. It is a fearless moral inventory. I lost the fear when I realized: 1) I didn't have to do it alone. 2) It was a just for today Step, which to me meant what I remembered and affected me in today. 3) I needed to clean house to get rid of the darkness so the light of reason could shine. 4) How can I change, if I don't know what I have, what I want to keep and what I want to get rid of.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply