Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - January 8

A soul that is happy in the things of God can overcome tremendous obstacles. James MacDonald

Looking up to the universe, with its billions of stars and millions of light years—looking down into the depths, scaling the heights, delving into the bosom and bowels of the earth, who cannot but exult in and worship our great God! --Robert Greene Lee

We have a God who loves us and will take care of us beyond our comprehension. He works in the background to save us from our enemies and dangers every day, whether we see it or not. God’s peace is beyond our understanding. That is how powerful it is. --Cate Russell-Cole

Let prayer nourish your soul as your meals nourish your body. Let your prayer keep you in God’s presence through the day, and His presence frequently remembered. -- E. M. Bounds

I believe in the sun even if it isn’t shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent. -- Author Unknown

When we seek God every day, our thirst will be quenched by Living Water.

God cares for each of us and will bring us what is best for us. We need only to pray and to trust God and then act on God’s nudgings.

New Year, New You: Put The Past Behind You from The Daniel Plan 365-Day Devotional
Don't let your past keep you from your future.
One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14
One of the main hindrances that keeps people from becoming what God wants them to become is their past. People often struggle to overcome past hurts and patterns of behavior.
Don’t let your past distract you. Your past is past. Today is a brand-new day.
Maybe you’ve had some setbacks. Maybe you’ve been knocked down dozens of times. That’s normal. You can still get back up and keep going. That’s what winners do: they get back up and run for the finish line, no matter how many times they stumble. They’re focused.
Consider talking out your memories with a friend who will listen and not judge. Ask them to pray for you. Then, if you feel stuck on something in your past, think about how God sees you now: He forgives your past, calls you His beloved, and promises to complete the good work He has begun in you.
Don’t let your past keep you from your future.
Food for Thought: You are a new creation in Christ, and God has called you to a heavenly prize.
Your Turn: If you’ve been knocked down, had failures, experienced setbacks, and gotten discouraged, today’s a great day to get back up, dust yourself off, ask God for help, ask a buddy to walk with you, and keep going! We’re just a couple of days into a brand new year. Start fresh. God is with you!

Home Sweet Home: True Hospitality by Jennie Puleo
“We’re not, understand, putting ourselves in a league with those who boast that they’re our superiors. We wouldn’t dare do that. But in all this comparing and grading and competing, they quite miss the point” (2 Corinthians 10:12, The Message).
Have you ever looked around your home and felt as though what you had just wasn’t enough? Or not good enough? Maybe you wish you had a different sofa or chair. Maybe you’d like to change the color scheme completely. Or maybe you’re embarrassed by the humble furnishings that you’ve accumulated through donations or yard sales, and the hodgepodge of mismatched items gives your home a yard sale-esque feel. Unless you live in a college dorm, this probably isn’t the look you were going for, but somehow ended up with.
Every holiday, I am inundated by these picturesque tablescapes and beautiful furnishings that are represented on TV and in stores. Everything matches and “goes” and most likely costs more than I see in a year. For many years, as the holidays would roll around, I would compare what I had to what I saw on TV or in other’s homes. I bought into a lie that no one would feel warm or welcome in my home if it didn’t look just like the photograph.
I’ve since learned that people don’t necessarily care what furnishings or frilly trimmings are in a home, they just wanted to be invited in. They want your friendship. They want authenticity. They want genuine.
Some of the best conversations when people visited my home and left feeling blessed did not occur when I had everything tidied up. Nope! Sometimes the best visits occurred when I was sick, hadn’t bothered to brush my hair, and my house was completely undone and disheveled.
Though people do appreciate stepping into a clean home and seeing you feeling well, they also like knowing that you are a real person. They feel warm and invited into your home because you treat them as an honored guest. They feel welcome because you’ve opened the door to them. They feel connected because you’ve allowed yourself to be vulnerable and let them see the real you.
During this season of parties and gatherings and decorations, try to see it as opportunities to invest time and encouragement into those you love and care about. A cup of coffee and a listening ear can go a long way. Take your focus off what little you have to offer, and know that the true hospitality and genuine love you give may be all they need.

Have you learned to take a long-term look at your short-term problems?
Whenever something frustrating happens, don't immediately become upset. Instead, ask yourself if this problem is really worth getting aggravated over: is this a five minute problem, a five hour problem, a five month problem, or a five year problem?
For example, if you can't find where around your house you left your car keys, don't let that steal your love, joy, peace, or patience. Being five minutes late to most things is not worth losing your joy. Similarly, if you're stuck in a traffic jam, don't let that ruin your Fruit of the Spirit. It's not worth getting upset and uptight about a ten minute delay on your way to work. Indeed, ten minutes is nothing compared to all of eternity.
Also, remember that God may be using your short-term problem for a long-term purpose. That's why James 1:2-4 says, Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. God will work through your current trials and difficulties in order to produce lasting benefits such as faith, perseverance, and spiritual maturity. That's why it's important to take a long-term look at your short-term problems. Weekly Wisdom

Just For Today by Sally I. Kennedy
The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23
The luscious looking double apricot hibiscus bloom was so beautiful to see that morning. The sun's rays were hitting it in such a way that the petals took on a glittery gold appearance.
I picked the flower and brought it into the kitchen to enjoy all day. Interesting thing about hibiscus - the blooms only last for one day. Whether or not they are cut or left on the bush, in water or not, they wither and die at the end of the day.
God gives us just what we need for the day, each day. During the forty years the Israelites wandered, the Lord provided fresh manna for them each morning. We, too, receive what we need daily.
"One day at a time" was one of my dad's favorite songs: One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm askin' of you
Just give me the strength
To do every day what I have to do
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine Lord, help me today, show me the way
One day at a time
(by Marijohn Wilkin and Kris Kristofferson)
Thank you Lord for providing for us what we need, just for today. That's good news.

What Happens When You Trust In The Wrong Things By Rocky Henriques
ABC World News Now reported on June 16, 2011 that three women, visiting from out of town, drove their rented SUV into a swamp near Seattle, Washington. It seems they had been out to dinner, and were returning just after midnight, when they got lost near Mercer Island. Following their on-board Hertz "Never-Lost" GPS system, they turned onto a boat ramp--and kept going.
I don't have a GPS system in my vehicle, so I really can't relate, but I guess people kind of get dependent on them when they are in unfamiliar territory. The problem comes when we depend entirely on them when our eyes should tell us that there is a lake in front of us.
There is a parable in this story, of course. Since the beginning of Creation, mankind has been depending on the wrong things for guidance. God gave one set of instructions, but Adam and Eve followed the GPS system of Satan--Gullible Prompting of Satan. And we're still doing it today. There are people who are lost and wandering around in the midnight of their lives where it is dark and confusing. Instead of listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit prompting, guiding, and directing, they follow their own defective guidance systems--and wind up in the swamp.
And, as you would expect, the Bible has something to say about this. Consider Psalm 25:4-5, which read, "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 48:14 tells us "For this is God our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Proverbs tells us that we should listen to the words of God, for "when you walk, they will guide you" (Proverbs 6:22). And Isaiah 58:11 promises "The Lord will guide you always...."
So don't wind up in the swamp of confusion and desperation! Keep your eyes on the Lord, not the systems of the world which promise much but deliver little. He will keep us on the right--and dry--path.

Be willing to let your schedule be altered if knowing God better requires it.
How can you know God better? Read his word, pray, listen for his voice, worship him. Notice that all of these things require time. In fact, improving any relationship with other people or with God requires time.
However, far too many people find themselves too busy to spend any time getting to know God better. They've filled their calendar with pursuits of money, wealth, success, and status. However, as Solomon discovers in Ecclesiastes 2:1-11, all of these pursuits are meaningless. Solomon built many houses, vineyards, gardens, and parks; he had many, many slaves and countless pieces of gold and silver, and he was the most prestigious man ever to live in Jerusalem. Indeed, he could buy anything his heart desired. However, Solomon comes to the realization that all of these things are worth nothing in the perspective of eternity: Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun (Ecclesiastes 2:11).
Therefore, don't worry about any of these earthly things; instead, seek to know God better (see Matthew 6:25-34).
This poem is a good reminder of what's really important in life.
I had always been taught
to ask God for what I needed
and that he would give me
whatever I ask for in his name.
So, I asked God for
prosperity, power, popularity,
good grades, safety, success,
good friends, health, and wealth.
In all these things,
I asked God for more of what I wanted,
but he gave me more of what I needed:
Himself.
If all these earthly things are hindering your relationship with God, alter your schedule: get rid of some things so that you can spend time knowing God better. Weekly Wisdom

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Prepare yourself for a brand new day. The slate has been wiped clean, and you can make every day pristine. I will show you the way, says the Lord. Stay present with Me by not thinking too far ahead or dwelling on the past, and refuse to allow fear to overshadow your hope and trust in Me. Revelation 19:6b "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!"

Many of you, My people, allow extraneous thoughts to clutter your mind and cloud your judgment. It is important for you to stay focused on what really matters in your life by taking control of your thought process, says the Lord. You know the difference between right and wrong. Right thinking causes right doing. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

You will begin to enjoy the fruit of your obedience in following My instructions over the past few months. The rewards will be subtle at first and then become more pronounced and finally will become a way of life. Do not discount the power of sowing and reaping, says the Lord. It is a spiritual law. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

I was in the Spirit and saw two mountains with a valley running between them. Someone was standing on an outcropping, a high place overlooking the valley below. Conditions were perfect for his own voice to be echoed back to himself. He began to shout things to encourage himself. He shouted conditions and attitudes that would create victory over his circumstances. He shouted words of faith in God. He shouted what he wanted to become, and strength came into his spirit, soul, and body. The more he shouted, the more he believed, and the stronger he became. 1 Samuel 30:6b ...David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.

In a vision I saw several people in a large, open place looking for conditions that would be exactly right to fly their kites. I believe that the kites represent us discerning our spiritual atmosphere in order to rise up into the realm of the spirit to receive instructions for life experience and conditions. We must deliberately test our discernment to see if we are in the Spirit or not. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

The next phase of your spiritual progression is beginning to unfold. Position yourself for the greatest benefit of the season by getting your priorities in order and developing righteous values. Move away from self-absorption to consider and esteem one another. Be honest and righteous in every area of life--relationships, finances, goals and desires. I am the light that will guide you through the darkness that covers the earth, says the Lord. John 3:21 "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord saying, "Watch for the rain, for the rain will come. Waters of My Spirit will fall down upon you and they shall begin to carry you. The waves of this season will be formulated as the rain falls and the waters get deeper. So, I say to you, come forth and step into the water. Use your faith even as you would use a surf board to be carried by the waves. Waves of My goodness will carry you into that which is ahead of you and will bring the blessings of the season into your life. There shall be showers of blessings."

Entering This New Year By Honoria A. Groves
I enter this year without burdens
Freed from a mountain of care
For last night I gave them to JESUS
Who PROMISED my burdens to bear!
This year will not be without problems
There may be many to face
BUT I can approach them with courage
SUSTAINED by God's marvelous GRACE!
I enter this New Year with gladness
For JESUS restored my JOY
He filled me with PEACE and ASSURANCE
That satan CANNOT destroy!
I left the old year in repentance
For living a life of defeat
Leaving my fear and my failures
At my Heavenly Father's feet!
I enter this year with a purpose
To minister Christian LOVE
To needy souls ALL around me
And lift them to God above!
Now with eager anticipation
With FAITH instead of fear
And the PRESENCE OF CHRIST, my SAVIOR
I will enter this New Year!!!

I Trust You in the Little Things By Debbie Preuss
Lord, I trust You in the little things?
Why do I hold the big ones back?
Why can't I just trust You?
Why does my faith always lack?
I can say I trust You
Every single day that I live
That I know that You know me
That Your very best You'll give
But when the big things come around
I try to do it on my own
When they start to fall apart
I come to You and moan
"I thought that You were in charge
That You'd take care of me"
But I can faintly hear You saying
That You made me free
That I can do what I want
Or I can trust in You
That You have been here waiting
To see what I would do
The little things are easy Lord
To put into Your hand
The big ones are harder God
But I'm beginning to understand
That I can trust You always
For Your love for me is true
Help me to forever
In big and small Lord, trust in You.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." (Psalm 32:8)

"The LORD will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." (Psalm 121:7-8)

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. -- Psalm 18:1-3

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. -- John 14:27

The psalmist wrote, “I seek you, [my God], my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." - Psalm 63:1

Cast all your anxiety on [God] because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7

Paul wrote, “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Wait For the Lord by Tom Norvell
Psalm 27 reminds us (among other things) of the confidence we can have in God. David reminds us of the confidence we can have that God will stand with us against our enemies (v.1-3). David reminds us that we can have confidence in God during times of trouble (v. 4-6). He assures us that we can have confidence of God's acceptance when we seek Him (v. 7-12). And he reminds us that we can express our confidence that we will see the goodness of the Lord (v. 13). This Psalm is such a source of strength to anyone going through a difficult time, regardless of the circumstances.
At the end of the Psalm we have a statement that both challenges us and gives us wise counsel. It is there that we discover if we really mean what we have read, prayed, or sung. It is there (v. 14) that he says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you need God to stand with you against your enemies, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you are having trouble and need help, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you wonder if God is still present and aware of your needs and condition, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you anticipate seeing the goodness of the Lord, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your life seems to be falling apart, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your marriage is in trouble and you are considering some options that seem much more desirable, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your children are growing, making decisions you disagree with, and you are about ready to "straighten them out," "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When temptation is bearing down on you and you wonder if you'll be able to stand up under the pressure, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you are tired and wanting to quit, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
As hard as it is to accept, there is perhaps no wiser counsel than what David gives us when he says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
What is it that is bearing down on you today? What is it that has you ready to run and hide? What is it that makes you want to give up your walk with the Lord? Whatever it is, before you make any move, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Just to Say Thank You Blessings.
Just to say Thank You for showing that you care.
Just to say Thank You I offer now this prayer.
May the Lord lovingly bless you each and every day.
May His peace be always with you for this I truly pray.
May His love keep and help you in all you do and say.
May His Spirit lead and guide you along life’s winding way.
Amen

Read Through The Bible
Job 38
1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, 11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? 12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; 13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? 14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. 15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. 16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? 17 Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death? 18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. 19 Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof, 20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof? 21 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great? 22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, 23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? 24 By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth? 25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; 26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man; 27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth? 28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew? 29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? 30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen. 31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? 33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? 34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee? 35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are? 36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart? 37 Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven, 38 When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together? 39 Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, 40 When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait? 41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

For Busy People
Dear Jesus, With our comings and goings, doing things and being busy, we may get a bit scattered. We may find ourselves lost in a sea of activity. We need to stop and reflect. We need to let your love and good news be the binding force that focuses what we say, do, and hope for. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply