Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default COMFORT FOR EVERY SORROW

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God.

Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be.

- Anne Frank

Whether we lose a friend or a family member to this disease; or whether we lose our self to the disease of addiction; or we make the decision to find recovery for ourselves and give up our best friend and mentor; we will always experience grief and sorrow.

We have sought false courage and strength through other people, alcohol, drugs, work, food, etc. When we make the decision to make a change in our life, we go through a natural grieving process.

We don't have to do it alone. What we can't do ourselves, we can do together.

Quote:
Food For Thought

Relying on God

As compulsive overeaters, we relied on food to pick us up, calm us down, console us, excite us, help us, and sustain us. Since food was inadequate to do all of these things, we had to eat more and more until we became physically and emotionally addicted.

Recovery from our disease requires that dependency on food be replaced by dependency on a Higher Power. Only God, as each of us understands Him, is capable of supporting us at all times and in all situations. Food simply will not work. If we are not controlled by our Higher Power, we will be controlled by our addiction to compulsive overeating.

At first, we find it difficult to rely on a Power we cannot see. Our materialistic orientation makes us distrustful of the things that are of the spirit. Gradually, we come to believe as we witness the work of God through OA. We see evidence of His activity in our own lives, and we sense the peace and security that He gives. Reliance on God is our strength.

I depend on You for recovery.
Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Proverbs 30:5

For many years I walked in fear of God. Every step was taken with the thought, "He will surely get me for this one!" Today, thanks to recovery, my Higher Power is my friend, my companion and walks with me in love.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 11-09-2015 at 07:10 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply