Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - April 22

“Jesus is not only with you, but He is for you.” – Joyce Meyer

God’s presence steadies our steps through the darkest valleys.

God knows us each by name — and will never forget who we are.

Whatever happens, God will be with us. We cannot control all the circumstances in our lives, but we can trust God to carry us through the darkness. Because God’s grace and mercy endure, God will never fail us. the storms of life, God reaches out to carry us.

Spending time in God’s presence through prayer and daily reading of scripture prepares and strengthens us for times of trouble. In the midst of trial, we can call on what we have learned about the Lord in those quiet moments. In Jesus — the strong vine from which we as branches grow (see John 15:5) — we may bend, but we won’t break. Our strength comes from our relationship with Jesus.

When we encounter someone scarred by a traumatic event or weathered by long-term disease or disability, we might make incorrect assumptions based on what we see. But that person has the potential to grow, thrive, bloom, and nurture others. Each person is made in the image of God and is another one of God’s many miracles. Each person we meet is created in God’s image.

God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them.

Persistent In Prayer by Derek Edwards
I experienced what it meant to be persistent in prayer one night when my five-year-old daughter came down with pneumonia. Three doctors diagnosed her that night. She was in and out of consciousness and was hallucinating with a temperature of 104, which can be a critical temperature for a child. The only thing that I could do that night was to pray. Being a new Christian, I did not know what it meant to be persistent in prayer, but I prayed through the psalms, not stopping for one moment, except when my daughter would wake up and hallucinate. I would take her hand and cry out to God. When she fell asleep again, I would continue to pray through the psalms. In the morning, the doctors came in to examine her for the next step of her treatment, but they could not find any trace of the pneumonia. Glory to God, He heard my prayers and answered! As a new Christian, it made an incredible impact on my prayer life, and it also helped a little five-year-old girl understand how much her heavenly Father loves her.
I beg you in the name of Jesus, if you are going through a crisis in your life, cry out to God. He is close to the broken-hearted.
Luke 18:1-8 – One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. "There was a judge in a certain city," he said, "who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, 'Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.' The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, 'I don't fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I'm going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!'" Then the Lord said, "Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?" (NLT)
God asks us to be persistent in prayer at all times. Why? Because He longs to answer our prayers. If that were not the case, there would be no point in praying all the time. Our persistence in prayer shows our commitment to God and to what only He can do, which is to bless us or give us justice. Many times, we give up too soon because we don't see God working or we do not get the answers that we want. Perhaps it's God's way of shaping our wills in accordance with His. I encourage you to pray like the widow who was persistent with the unjust judge. She got justice because of her persistence. We know that the unjust judge was not a believer because the passage tells us that he "neither feared God nor cared about people". How much more, then, will our Father in heaven bless us because we are His children!
The moral of this parable is to continuously seek God's face in prayer for whatever the need or challenge in life is, or whatever the Lord has placed on our hearts to pray for. Through persistent prayer, our faith increases, and that is pleasing to God.
What prayer are you asking God to answer? Ask Him to shape your will in accordance with His.
Prayer: Father, forgive us when we come to You in prayer and give up because of our weak faith. We ask that You would increase our faith, and that we would be persistent in prayer, being confident that when we come before You, You hear our prayers. May we have peace with Your answers to our prayers, because we know that they reflect Your perfect will. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Your greatest test is when you are able to Bless Someone Else while you are going through your own storm.
A story about a very young tree. The young tree faced many storms through its young life. The powerful winds, torrential rains, famine, ice, and snow would lie across its branches.
At times the young tree questioned its maker asking, "Why have you let so many storms come into my life?"
His maker whispered, "You will understand one day, stand firm, you will make it through the storms of life. The challenges will pass, keep this in mind."
The tree questioned his master, "If I go through one more winter the snow will surely break my branches if I face any more powerful wind I will surely be uprooted and moved away."
His maker whispered, "Stand strong, dig your roots deep into the soil, you will understand someday."
Somehow the young tree kept the positive thoughts in his mind and managed to survive and make it through even the toughest of storms.
Somehow, even in the toughest of times, when the things it went through should have broken it down, it found a way to stand firm even through the worst of storms.
As the young tree grew taller, stronger, and matured the tree realized the storms of life had made it stronger.
You will grow stronger in your storms of life. Your strength will inspire others in their storms. Tim Levin

God Lifts Our Burdens
Professor E. L. Douglas was a professor at Mississippi College in Clinton, Mississippi many, many years ago. Bobby Douglas (no relation) once shared this in a church newsletter:
“Once he told of his life as a boy on a hill farm near Brookhaven [Mississippi]. They planted cotton inside terraced areas. They picked the cotton and placed it in baskets. When the basket was full, it was hoisted onto the shoulder and carried from the field. One day he was struggling to get one of those heavy baskets lifted. As he positioned himself and gave a big heave the basket came up but didn’t stop at the shoulder. It got lighter and just kept going up. In surprise, he looked to see that a big strong man had taken the basket to his own shoulder with ease.”
Then Bobby Douglas commented, “Problems that are so heavy for us are no challenge to God’s strength. We should not even try to live a day without talking to our Heavenly Father.” --as seen in “Evangel,”

VELCRO BOY! by Lisa Brittain
With two pre-school sons, running a few "quick" errands had become a thing of the past. As I drove to the store, I gave the instructions, "Boys, you have to stay with Mommy. If you don't stay right where I can see you, then you will have to be...Velcro Boy!"
Why velcro? Our youngest son, the one most prone to wander, was fascinated with velcro. Velcro shoes for children were popular and he wanted them. He wanted these shoes so much that his dad made a deal with him. "Learn to tie your laces and I will buy you a pair of velcro shoes." It worked!
Though the boys agreed to stay with me, once we walked through the big front doors, the land of adventure was just too much for their adventurous eyes. All the colors, racks, isles, amazing hiding places, people to talk to, and somewhere in the back - the aisles of toys! How can a boy possibly stay close to Mommy when she wants to look at cleaning products?
You guessed it. On many an occasion as I turned away for the briefest of moments, our youngest son would seize his opportunity to wander. He was extraordinarily stealth in his ability to escape me. Looking to his brother for assistance, his response was almost always, "I dunno! Maybe we should check the toys."
Most of the time, this is exactly where we would find him...amongst the boxes of Legos or G.I. Joes. But then there was the time he was not - neither in the toy aisles nor anywhere else I frantically searched. I actually had the manager close down the store while we searched the little guy out. We found him - at the front door standing next to the greeter helping him do his job!
For parents, first comes the relief of knowing your child is safe; then the consequences. And for my little wanderer, the consequence was dire! I said to him, while patting my right hip, "Ok, you wandered away from me, so now you are Velcro Boy. You are attached to me right here!" He did not like it one little bit, but being stuck to me was better than being stuck in the cart! So, for the rest of our trip, he could be found right by my side.
At one time, Velcro Boy was an effective code between me and my boys; however, they have long outgrown the idea of being stuck to mom's side. Now, this phrase is code for me in my relationship with the Lord. I know that I have a tendency to wander from Him. I have heard His instruction to stay close. But at times I find myself distracted, chasing after something that seems fun or interesting or even beneficial. How often I have heard Him say to come back - my name being called lovingly, but firmly.
I would rather be velcroed to the Lord's side than wander off to places where I can't see Him. Most often, in a time of temptation to wander, I will pray, "Lord, let me be velcroed to Your side so that I will not wander, but stay close to You. I want to be where YOU are - right in the center of Your will for me."
Perhaps you have found yourself wandering. I encourage you to ask the Lord to find you where you are and velcro you to His side. There is no safer place - no better place of comfort and peace!
Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you (Deuteronomy 8:5, NIV).
Fix your eyes on Jesus and SHINE!

A Second Chance Author Unknown
On New Year's Day, 1929, Georgia Tech played the University of California in the Rose Bowl. In that game a man named Roy Riegels recovered a fumble for California. Somehow, he became confused and started running 65 yards in the wrong direction. One of his own teammates, Benny Lom, outdistanced him and downed him just before he scored for the opposing team. When California attempted to punt, Tech blocked the kick and scored a safety which was the ultimate margin of victory.
That strange play came in the first half, and everyone who was watching the game was asking the same question: "What will Coach Nibbs Price do with Roy Riegels in the second half?" The men filed off the field and went into the dressing room. They sat down on the benches and on the floor, all but Riegels. He put his blanket around his shoulders, sat down in a corner, put his face in his hands, and cried like a baby.
If you have played football, you know that a coach usually has a great deal to say to his team during half time. That day Coach Price was quiet. No doubt he was trying to decide what to do with Riegels. Then the timekeeper came in and announced that there were three minutes before playing time.
Coach Price looked at the team and said simply, "Men the same team that played the first half will start the second." The players got up and started out, all but Riegels. He did not budge. The coach looked back and called to him again; still he didn't move.
Coach Price went over to where Riegels sat and said, "Roy, didn't you hear me? The same team that played the first half will start the second." Then Roy Riegels looked up and his cheeks were wet with a strong man's tears.
"Coach," he said, "I can't do it to save my life. I've ruined you, I've ruined the University of California, I've ruined myself. I couldn't face that crowd in the stadium to save my life."
Then Coach Price reached out and put his hand on Riegels’ shoulder and said to him: "Roy, get up and go on back; the game is only half over." And Roy Riegels went back, and those Tech men will tell you that they have never seen a man play football as Roy Riegels played that second half.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of a second chance. Jesus offers us the chance to start anew - clean and fresh. No matter how badly we've blown it, no matter how many times we've failed, we can start over. Today is the day for a fresh start. Get back in the game! The second half has just started.

JUST A REMINDER
(5 things you should always remember)
5.) God has a plan for your life.
4.) God is always there for you.
3.) God will help you through anything.
2.) God made you special.
1.) God always loves you!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
It is important that you position yourself in the Spirit to move into the next phase of existence. Positioning is vital to your readiness and progression. Establish yourself in right relationship to Me, and allow Me to give you the wisdom and knowledge you need to know where you are and where you are going, says the Lord. John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

I want to show you the wonders of perceiving the world around you from a spiritual perspective. Your inclination is to see everything from a natural or worldly point of view, but I want to take you higher and help you see and understand spiritually. Set your heart to allow Me to transform you into My image, says the Lord. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

You are on the right track, but circumstances will arise that have the potential of getting you sidetracked. Stay focused and keep your objective clear. This truly is a new beginning, but the enemy will do whatever he can to cause you to make the same mistakes you made in the last spiritual season. Seek Me for wisdom in all things, says the Lord. Deuteronomy 5:32 Therefore you shall be careful to do as the LORD your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

Continue to follow Me and do what is right in every situation. You know the difference between right and wrong, and you can choose to be righteous. Refuse to give in to any temptation that would result in attitudes or actions that are contrary to My character and nature. I have called you to be one with Me, and when we are unified My thoughts will be your thoughts, and your actions will follow, says the Lord. Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Just when you seem to be breaking through, challenges will seem to arise that will test the strength of your intentions. Do not give up at the first sign of difficulty, but push through until you get through. Be resolute in your faith and trust, and do your best to maintain your forward momentum. Instead of relying on other people, lean on Me, says the Lord. Matthew 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

You have been through a rough patch, but the problems you encountered are being sorted out. Lift yourself up and look through the spiritual lens of hope and faith. That is what will bring you through in victory, says the Lord. Refuse to get bogged down in the negativity of the past. Be strong and of good courage. Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

This is a new day. Put the past firmly behind you and look to Me for guidance and direction for the future. You will need My wisdom and the ability to exercise spiritual discernment so that you can know what to do and how to handle situations that arise. Stay connected to Me. Your life in the Spirit is everything, says the Lord. Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

The road to My kingdom is narrow and the way is sometimes rough. Many of you have become compromised and lukewarm. I am the strength of your heart and the Savior of your soul. There is no way to eternal life except through Me, says the Lord. Take this opportunity to renew your commitment. Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I would have you position yourself by faith with regard to what I am doing in these days. For, this is the season of light, the season of revelation, the season of elevation, the season in which you will have an opportunity to go higher than ever. You can get to know Me with greater depth. It is the time in which I am establishing the framework of your journey into and through this next season so that you can receive the blessings and learn the lessons of the season thereby going higher and higher.

The gates are open. Go through the gates. Raise the standard. Run the race. Believe and receive. My glory is raining down on My people. Come and abide in My presence, says the Lord. Come and receive the anointing; let it heal, nurture and strengthen you. Come higher in My kingdom than ever before.

The Lord is My Shepherd By Grace E. Easley
The Lord is my shepherd,
And I am His lamb,
Who loves me in spite
Of the way that I am.
Who sees something in me,
That other folks miss,
And I sometimes think maybe,
Because of this
I've never felt bitter,
Unloved or alone,
Though sometimes I grieve for
My loved ones now gone.
For I've always believed in
The words He has said,
That the spirit lives on,
Though the body be dead.
And I feel closer to Him,
Because of His care,
And I know when I call Him,
That He will be there.
So I fear not the shadows,
So dark and so dim,
For my shepherd will carry me
Safely through them.

"WAIT" by Russell Kelfer
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried,
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."
"Wait? You say, wait! " my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By Faith, I have asked, and I am claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and YOU tell me to "WAIT"?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.
And Lord, You promised that if we believe
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master said once again, "Child, you must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting... for what?"
He seemed, then, to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And he tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want - But, you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save... (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that "My grace is sufficient for Thee."
Yes, your dreams for your loved one overnight would come true,
But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So, be silent, My Child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, "WAIT."

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. -- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Matthew 6:25,34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry {or be anxious} about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11

So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. -- Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. -- Galatians 2:20

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Opportunity Lost Author Unknown
Then Agrippa said to Paul, "You almost persuade me to become a Christian (Acts 26:28)
Years ago, Walter took his friend Arthur to see some land in open country where cattle were idly grazing. Walter explained about his dream for developing this area. He told his friend that in time the area would be surrounded by many restaurants, hotels and convention centers. He told Arthur that his plan would take all of his money and he needed others to develop the surrounding area. He wanted his friend to have the first opportunity to buy into this project.
But Arthur thought to himself, "Who in the world is going to drive twenty-five miles for this crazy project?"
He said to Walter that he would think about it and decide later on. "Later on will be too late," Walter cautioned Arthur. "You'd better move on it right now."
"And so Art Linkletter turned down the opportunity to buy up all the land that surrounded what was to become Disneyland. His friend Walt Disney tried to talk him into it. But Art thought he was crazy."
Life's like that. King Agrippa had the opportunity to accept Christ and become a Christian. He turned it down. Judas had one of the greatest opportunities in all history to become a follower of Jesus. Instead, he betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Unbelievable! The two thieves who were crucified with Jesus also had the opportunity to receive the gift of eternal life. One accepted. The other didn't.
Life offers all of us many opportunities. We all have the opportunity to become followers of Jesus. That choice is ours.... Today! We do not know what tomorrow holds.
As God's Word says, "For he says, I have heard you in a favorable time, and in a day of salvation I have helped you. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

LET US GIVE THANKS FOR HE IS WORTHY Author Unknown
Dear God: I want to thank You for what you have already done.
I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards, I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better, I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me, I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves, I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet, I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job, I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief, I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed. I am thanking you right now. I am thanking you because I am alive. I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better. I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles. I'm thanking you because Father, you haven't given up on me.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 11
1 In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? 2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. 3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? 4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. 5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. 6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. 7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Open Our Hearts to You Author Unknown
Lord, as a water lily opens itself to the sun, so may we open our hearts to you, to give you thanks and praise. For like the sun shining down to nurture and give life, so you shine down on us with the light of countless blessings, blessings beyond measure.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply