Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 4/19

No matter our limitations, we all can serve God by loving others.

Act toward your fellow man as though God was watching and toward God as though man were watching.

A man was praying, his heart breaking from the pain and injustice in the world, "Dear God," he cried out, "look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in the world. Why don’t You send help?" God responded, "I did send help. I sent you."

A person’s background does not prevent God from working powerfully in their life.

When we think we have nothing to share, we can share God’s love for us.

Why be discouraged and sad, hope in God.

Teach me God when to speak and when to be silent, when to act and when to refrain from action.

THE APPLE BASKET Author Unknown
One day an elderly man entered into a hospital. He was grumpy from being on medication and the nurses thought him to be insane, as he yelled for his wife to get the apple basket. By the time they had checked him into his room the nurses were exhausted from the fight he was putting up.
"Sir you have to calm down we are doing everything we can for you" they would try to explain.
"I don't need your help" the grumpy man would yell "I want my apple basket". He finally slept. The nurses sighed with relief and talked among themselves whether they should call the hospital psychologist about the old man and his obsession with the apple basket.
As they talked and laughed about the situation the wife came in carrying the basket of apples. They looked kind of stunned as she asked if she could see her husband and deliver his basket. Sure, they agreed as they watched her slip past into his room.
Curiosity consumed them over the next few weeks as they tended to the elderly man. He was eaten with cancer and the doctors had given him no hope of survival. He turned out to be a very calm, happy man once he had his basket. His wife, they noticed, would come in with apples and go out with apples and the curiosity grew even more till one nurse couldn't stand the suspense.
One night as he was nearing the end, the nurse sat down in a chair by the wife." May I ask why do you have that apple basket? I just don't understand the significance."
"I am an apple farmer by trade he sighed. From the time I was 20 till the day I do die I will forever have my apples." The nurse nodded thinking she understood. He just likes his work, she thought, assured now he was a little bit crazy.
As she started to leave, the old man asked her to sit down. "At age 20 I was saved, I accepted the Lord as my Savior." Oh no, the nurse thought. Here comes the lecture on religion. The old man continued. "The day I accepted the Lord as my Savior I got this basket, and each time I had a problem or concern that I could not handle, I put an apple in the basket un-shined."
"Why?" the nurse said shaking her head.
"Because it reminded me to give those problems to the Lord for him to shine. See my basket now," he stated. "As my problems disappear so do the apples. As I get new problems, ones I cannot handle alone, I put an apple in."
The humble nurse looked into the basket...only one apple was there.
With that, he took a big breath and grabbed his wife by the hand and faded into eternal sleep. The wife paused for a moment and got up from her place to take from the basket the last remaining apple. She whispered in his ear that his reward awaits him in heaven.
The nurse stayed still and asked with tears in her eyes, "what do you think his riches will be?"
The wife knew what they were, eternal life with Jesus Christ. But she could see the concern and sadness upon the young nurses' face and handed her the apple and said "the biggest apple pie you can imagine!"
That was the day the young nurse was saved, and from that day on she always had a basket by her bed.

Abundant Living Author Unknown
"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10b)
I remember picking up a book one day called "Sleeping Through the Revolution" by Dr. Paul Rees . In that book, I came across a quotation from Dr. Stanley Jones's book, "Abundant Living". This is how the quote ran : "The early Christians did not say in dismay, 'Look what the world has come to', but they said in delight, 'Look what has come to the world!'"
They saw not merely the ruin but the resources for the reconstruction . They saw not merely that sin did abound but that grace did much more abound ." Dr. Jones added this significant sentence, "The whole secret of abundant living can be summed up in this sentence : 'Not your responsibility but your response to His ability ."' I like that, don't you?
"Not your responsibility but your response to His ability ."

Two Choices for Today by Linda McCutcheon
Today is a new day. We pick out our outfit, choose shoes to wear, the lunch we will pack, decide on the work we hope to accomplish. With that we face two important choices as we forge through the day: fear or faith.
God gave me the word “faith” to embrace this year. I have been a believer of Jesus Christ since a young child. There have been some pretty tough paths God and I have walked together but it is time to grow more. In his book called, The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren states for himself that, “God tests my faith through problems.” So, today I have a choice.
Option A: Fear
Fear is something that we struggle with because it holds so many unknowns. We like to have answers, to know what is going on, and feel we have complete control over things. 2 Timothy 1: 7 says, “God’s spirit doesn’t make us cowards out of us.” Fear can take over our life and put us in bondage. I am not talking about not having fear to jump off a cliff, run in front of traffic, or leave our children unattended. I am talking about Fear of the future.
Fear has gripped my life sometimes where I felt my feet were mired in cement. When there is fear we cannot see the potential of life. Fear can make us physically ill and emotionally drained. Fear is not of God. Without God’s spirit in our life, we are powerless. Doesn’t sound very positive and empowering, does it? And yet we grip onto it and hold it tight.
Option B: Faith
Hebrews 11: 1 says, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” We can’t know everything that will go on this year. This could be a very daunting year for you. There are decisions to make, health appointments to keep, letting go of emotional relationships that are unhealthy, and finances to try and piece back together. You have your list in front of you. I am walking in your shoes …we all are.
God says to us to reach out and hold on to Him. He says that if we have faith in Him we can be SURE of what we hope for. Again, I am not talking about having a million dollars drop from the sky. It is sure of our solid relationship with a God who has placed us right where we are and will walk beside us. God can give things we ask for, but He also helps us through the problems. It places God where God should be – in control.
The Faith we have from God gives us inward peace not fear. We are here for such a short period of time in light of eternity with a promise of heaven. He made us, gave us an opportunity to trust in Him as part of His family and to walk beside Him. Do you have that assurance of your eternal state?
Hebrews 11 lists people who lived in faith. To name a few there was Enoch, Noah, Sarah, Rahab, and Gideon. Why not take time to do a study on these people’s lives? They were human, made mistakes, but their hearts beat to live by Faith. God was pleased with their heart of faith and He will be pleased with yours.
Just as exercise is good for our physical health, so is faith for our spiritual heart. Why not join me this year to grip onto our Faith in a stronger, deeper way to make us sure of what we hope for and proof of what we cannot see? We all have our own journey but we are all on the same road to eternity. How will you and I deal with the situations that come our way? Will we live in fear and panic, or will we claim Hebrews 11:1 to hope for what we cannot see?
Father God, You know this is so hard for us. We want to deepen our faith to believe in what You are doing and to trust in those steps. Please help us today and shelter us under Your wing. As children of God we desire to be a people of faith in our choices today. Thank You. In Your all-powerful name, Amen.
Question: Which verses do you turn to when fear grips you? How have you seen God redeem your circumstances in the past?

Stress Less Living by Barbara Alpert
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
Are you aware that the word stressed spelt backwards spells desserts? It’s a shame that so many people are stressed. In order to soothe inner tension, many indulge in desserts or other substances hoping to take the edge off. Being under constant stress is not healthy for your body, mind, spirit, and relationships. God never intended for His children to live under adverse circumstances. According to John 14:27, Jesus offers us peace that cannot be found in this world. Jesus’ peace opposes stressed out lives here on earth.
If you have been under a great deal of stress lately, here are a few steps you can take that will guide you into less stressed living.
S – Seek God with all your heart early in the morning. Pray throughout the day. Trust in the Lord as you cast your cares upon Him.
T – Turn away from excess substances and turn to Christ for comfort. Ask for help and support from someone who has overcome such obstacles.
R – Rest and relax in utter assurance that God is on your side. A good night’s rest does wonders for your overall wellbeing. Remember Jesus was sound asleep on the boat when a fierce storm swept by.
E – Exercise your body, God’s vessel, at least 30 minutes a day. Jesus walked the shores, climbed mountains, and journeyed many miles by foot. Try to get outside for some fresh air and sunshine with a few good friends, your spouse, or children. Enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.
S – Soothe your mind, heart, and emotions in time alone with God. He is the great physician.
S – Smile as often as possible on a daily basis. It makes a huge difference within and to those around you. Arrange to have a “fun day” every once in awhile. God wants us to enjoy life, family, and friendships.
E – Eat three well-balanced meals and nibble on a healthy snack in between to keep your body well nourished and functioning properly. Drink plenty of refreshing water.
D – Decide to rid yourself from extra obligations that do not have God’s approval. Be wise with your time and learn to say “NO” without feeling guilty. Unload things that are not bearing good fruit.
God loves you dearly and desires that you de-stress in His loving arms and living word. Do not allow the stresses of life to overwhelm you. Refuse to lean on old habits that only bring additional pain and suffering. Learn to lean on the everlasting, sustainable arms of Christ!
Father God, Teach me to trust You with my concerns. Reveal to me what needs to change in my life so I am not continually feeling so stressed out. Lord, your peace is what I seek knowing that nothing else will soothe my discomfort. In Jesus name I pray, Amen
Questions: Have you been over stressed lately? What tips can you add that will help others deal with stress and overload?

NO MORE WITH ME Author Unknown
"I'm sorry. Please forgive me! I don't mean to hold you up," he said as he struggled to get off the escalator.
I'll admit to it. There have been times when walking or driving behind an older person I've gotten impatient and upset. I've huffed and zoomed around them because I was in a hurry to get nowhere. Perhaps I'm more aware of it now because I see myself there one day soon. Today I saw myself in this old man's shoes and it caused me to slow down, stop and ask for his forgiveness.
He was about five or six people ahead of me. I was in a hurry and saw him as an obstacle. I've seen people get off the end of an escalator and stop dead in their tracks, gather their things and suddenly there's a pile up of angry people behind them. You can't stop an escalator full of people behind you. Like the Energizer bunny, they keep on goin'.
This man was well aware of the challenge. He tried desperately to step aside. Fumbling with his small packages, struggling to gain his footing, you could see how troubling this was for him. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me! I don't mean to hold you up," he said as he struggled to get off the escalator.
I suddenly saw this in a whole new light. It was like I was watching my future. I felt sorry for him. I felt sick to my stomach because this man was apologizing to everyone, when we should have been helping him and calming his fears.
One by one, people zipped around him. I heard a few angry comments whispered as one lady passed by him.
I saw me.
By the time I got to him he was just about steady on his feet.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know there was more," he said.
"No, sir. No more with me," I said. This really hit me hard. I realized right then how sad it was that the world was in such a hurry. That, of course, included me. But...no more with me. Count me out.
This wonderful man paid his dues. For whatever time he had spent on this earth, he most likely walked many rough roads and too many important miles. Now he should be apologizing for moving slower?
My heart ached as I looked into his eyes. I wished that I could see what he had seen all those years. His face weathered from life itself, was creased and wrinkled. The small soft pockets under his eyes and the gentle lines that curved up and around them told me he had many happy moments, too. Those were traces left behind from laughter and a smiling, happy man.
"My friend, can I help you with those things?" I asked.
Hesitant at first, he finally said, "Well, yes, thank you!"
I placed my hand under his left arm and walked with him a safe distance away from the rush of people.
"So what are you shopping for, sir?"
"Oh, just a little something for my neighbor. She's a young mother raising kids on her own. She's always so nice to me. I thought a box of candy for Mother's Day..." he said, stopping suddenly as he searched his inside pocket of his sport coat.
"Do you need something?" I asked.
"Oh, no. Here. I think I have it right here. I always carry them with me," he said. Then pulling out a hand full of papers he shuffled through them and handed me a business card that read: "John A. Pomicter Friend to all...enemy to no one! I said a prayer today and you were the answer. Thank you!"
"That's for you," he said. "Thanks for stopping to help an old man."
"My friend, you helped me. I discovered that I was unhappy with the world and I was part of the problem. Now I'll be part of the solution. No more with me!"
"Then this was meant to be," he said smiling.
"You know God sends me gifts every day and always at least one special person. You were my gift for today! Let's go get some chocolates, my friend."

Alone in the Valley by Sally I. Kennedy
I will not leave you as orphans but will come to you..... John 14:18
Let’s face it. There are times, when we walk through situations and seasons in our lives, when we are lonely. We even feel very much alone. No one is exempt. It’s just part of life.
I recall walking through one of these valleys. That 'alone' feeling would quietly creep up and unexpectedly pounce, sometimes seemingly from out of nowhere, sort of like being slammed by a wave.
I would rather be on a mountain top experiece; I love those seasons. Yet I’ve learned most of life is lived somewhere in-between. And I’ve learned it’s all good. And, it’s all a gift.
All the years my dad lived alone, after mom died, I would often say to him, “I don’t like you being alone on Sundays (or a holiday, or birthday)” and he would always say, “I’m not alone! Jesus is right here with me.” He said it so often, that the reality of that finally began to sink in. In every way, Jesus was his companion, there at the house, right there with him.
As I’ve thought about this, the beautiful beloved 23rd Psalm came to mind, where David says,
Even though I walk through the valley …….You are with me.
We all have been, or will be, in a valley season during our life journeys. It is beautiful beyond belief, and peaceful beyond our finite mind’s comprehension, to know and sense the truth of the words in the Bible, that bring comfort and healing.
In the valley I may feel lonely, but am I alone? Not really; Jesus is with me. He’s right here with me.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Don't give up! Hold on to your faith. Even though the path seems unfamiliar and even treacherous at times, you must continue on. I have gone before you to make the crooked places straight and to remove dangerous obstacles from your way. Be strong and unwavering in your belief that I will perfect those things that concern you, says the Lord. Isaiah 45:2 I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.

You are about to have significant breakthrough in a number of areas in your life and circumstances. But, you must believe that I am telling you the truth, says the Lord, and position yourself spiritually for success. You have had to face many challenges that have been not only difficult but daunting. Now, you will begin to move out of that wilderness experience. Hosea 2:15 I will give her her vineyards from there, and the Valley of Achor as a door of hope; she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.

Beloved, I call you out of darkness into light; from despair to hope. You don't have to minimize the difficult days of the past, but you must leave those days behind and move forward in the faith that prevails over the powers of darkness and oppression. Look up, and let your spiritual vision be restored. I will lead you to victory, says the Lord. Matthew 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you."

I would have you take the land for My kingdom, says the Lord. But, I speak to you in spiritual terms. There are parts of your heart that have become bitter and hardened because of the difficulties you have faced. Those hard places of discouragement, rejection, and frustration must be plowed up like fallow ground and planted with seeds of faith and trust. You must take the ground of your own heart before you can do the external work. Hosea 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I have, indeed, called each of you My friend. Have you heard My voice calling to you? For, if you have heard My whispers, I have called you to come near. Let us walk together in this place of friendship, this place of unity of soul and spirit. Come to Me all you who are heavy laden and relieve your burden. For, I will take it from you and give you joy and gladness. I will give you the favor that is yours to receive in this time. Please understand that I am keeping no one, not even one of you, from this position of favor. It is the time in which I have chosen to bless My people. Rise up as on the wings of eagles today, and may it be that you gather the courage that is necessary to walk from where you are right now into the place of glory, into the habitation of My presence. Come and walk with Me. Come and trust Me. Relieve yourself of unworthiness and condemnation. I shall clothe you with new garments. I shall wash you as you have never been washed before, thereby perfecting you. You shall indeed go forth from victory to victory because it is your destiny, says the Lord.

In Your Hand by Nancy Burr
Your ways are perfect for me Lord,
Although I cannot see.
You guide me on the path that's right,
Your ways are right for me.
I do not always understand,
Why You lead me where you do;
But I know You’ve planned my days,
And You will help me through.
On days when all my strength is gone,
So weak I can’t go on.
I call to You and there You are,
>From me You’re never gone.
But sometimes I refuse to see,
And think You’ve left my side.
But then You hold me close to You
And in Your arms I hide.
Struggles come to me each day,
My heart can weigh a ton.
Sadness fills me up at times,
And I just want to run.
But then You call me back to You,
You whisper in my ear.
“Just trust in me my precious child,
You know I’m always here”.
“You have to just believe in me,
Trust me with all your days.
You have to know my love is true,
With you it always stays.
When you feel sad or overwhelmed,
Just talk to me, I’m here.
I’ll give you strength and hold your hand,
And wipe away your tear."
“When you go about your day,
I’ll keep reminding you.
That no matter what may come your way,
I will help you through.
Just take a moment; look around,
My love is everywhere.
I made you child; you are mine,
And for you I’ll always care.”
“Yes struggles come and pain is real,
But I am always here.
If you just give me all your pain,
I’ll take away your fear.
Just cast your cares upon me now
I will not let you down.
Oh child I long to sooth your soul,
And take away your frown.”
Yes You are perfect for me Lord,
I know my days You’ve planned.
I give you every part of me,
My life is in Your hand.
I know I don’t deserve you Lord
Yet You’re so good to me.
Thank you Lord for Your sweet love
And for staying here with me.

Glorious World by Nancy Burr
The sun is shining bright today,
and the sky has not one cloud.
The leaves are growing on the trees,
and the birds they sing so loud.
A gentle breeze is blowing,
and a bee goes buzzing by.
It’s God who made this happen,
and it’s all for you and I.
He made the birds and butterflies,
the flowers and the trees.
He made the mighty mountains,
and all the roaring seas.
He made the whales and fish that swim,
and the animals on land.
He made each living thing on earth,
they’re part of what God planned.
God has a special purpose
for the world He did create.
And He knows what will happen
long before the date.
He knows when they’ll be laughter,
when joy will fill our life.
He knows when pain will strike again,
and bring us days of strife.
He knows that in the hard times,
we need to feel him near.
And when we look around
we will always find him here.
In the beauty of the mountains,
on a calm and sunny day.
In the middle of the night,
when the moon is on display.
He loves the birds and butterflies,
each ocean that He made.
He loves the animals that run,
and the trees that give us shade.
He loves all He created,
but I know He loves us more.
For we are all His children
and each child He does adore.
God made the world so beautiful,
to show us He is love.
He made it all for you and I,
each flower and each dove.
His glorious world surrounds us
so look around and see.
That His beautiful creations
were made for you and me.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

"I will praise you, O Lord. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:1-2

If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever your will is, and it shall be yours. John 15:7

For so greatly did God love the world that He gave His only Son, that every one who trusts in Him may not perish but may
have the Life of Ages. John 3:16

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. Jeremiah 29:11-14

The Lesson of the Withered Fig Tree
20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.” 22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:22-24

How's Your Aim? by Dick Innes
"Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness." (Matthew 25:21)
Somebody has facetiously said, "Blessed be he who aimeth at nothing for he shall surely hit it!"
On the same theme, Bill Bernbach made the following insightful comment: "If you stand for something, you will always find some people for you and some against you. If you stand for nothing, you will find nobody against you and nobody for you!"
It is true, if we aim for and stand for right, for justice, for integrity, for truth, and are committed to doing the will of God, there will always be opposition. Chances are the more worthy our cause, the greater will be the opposition—and the temptation to discouragement.
However, when we get to the end of life's journey, how rewarding it will be to have the Savior welcome us to Heaven with the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord!"
What Jesus will say to us when we meet him face to face will totally depend on what we are doing and how we are living today. We have that opportunity now. As a favorite one-liner puts it, "It is choice, not chance, that determines our destiny."
Suggested prayer: "Dear God, grant that I will so live that when I meet you face to face, I will hear your wonderful words, 'Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord!' Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."
"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithfull over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things; enter into the joy of your Lord." (Matthew 25:21)

O God, sometimes it is difficult to accept care from others. Help us to accept graciously your love shown through others and to be grateful for opportunities to share it as well. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 20
Hezekiah’s Life Extended
1 In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’” 2 Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord, saying, 3 “Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly. 4 And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 5 “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. 6 And I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.”’” 7 Then Isaiah said, “Take a lump of figs.” So they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered. 8 And Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “What is the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the Lord the third day?” 9 Then Isaiah said, “This is the sign to you from the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing which He has spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees or go backward ten degrees?” 10 And Hezekiah answered, “It is an easy thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees; no, but let the shadow go backward ten degrees.” 11 So Isaiah the prophet cried out to the Lord, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down on the sundial of Ahaz.
The Babylonian Envoys
12 At that time Berodach-Baladan the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah, for he heard that Hezekiah had been sick. 13 And Hezekiah was attentive to them, and showed them all the house of his treasures—the silver and gold, the spices and precious ointment, and all his armory—all that was found among his treasures. There was nothing in his house or in all his dominion that Hezekiah did not show them. 14 Then Isaiah the prophet went to King Hezekiah, and said to him, “What did these men say, and from where did they come to you?” So Hezekiah said, “They came from a far country, from Babylon.” 15 And he said, “What have they seen in your house?” So Hezekiah answered, “They have seen all that is in my house; there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them.” 16 Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the word of the Lord: 17 ‘Behold, the days are coming when all that is in your house, and what your fathers have accumulated until this day, shall be carried to Babylon; nothing shall be left,’ says the Lord. 18 ‘And they shall take away some of your sons who will descend from you, whom you will beget; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.’” 19 So Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the Lord which you have spoken is good!” For he said, “Will there not be peace and truth at least in my days?”
Death of Hezekiah
20 Now the rest of the acts of Hezekiah—all his might, and how he made a pool and a tunnel and brought water into the city—are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 21 So Hezekiah rested with his fathers. Then Manasseh his son reigned in his place.

Almighty God, help us to live so that people see Christ in us. In his name we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply