Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 6/28

Consider your value from God’s perspective.

God loves us unconditionally. God longs for us to be people who devote ourselves to seeking God and understanding God’s ways.

God’s strength is greater than anything that knocks us down.

"All of us like to remember our achievements. Yet, for many of us, even those bright and shining moments are tainted with the shame of past sins or the pain caused by some unspeakable tragedy. Many people cannot accept their achievements because they are haunted with the thought that if others knew the whole truth about them they would know what a phony they are. If that's how you feel it's time to receive God's forgiveness and make peace with your past." --Richard Exley

Do you complain about your calling or fret about the changes and trials of life? How do you know but that these very changes are the divine methods by which God's purposes of blessing and usefulness concerning you are being fulfilled? --A. B. Simpson

Live for today but hold your hands open to tomorrow. Anticipate the future and its changes with joy. There is a seed of God's love in every event, every circumstance, every unpleasant situation in which you may find yourself. -- Barbara Johnson

>From the tiny birds of the air and from the fragile lilies of the field we learn the same truth, which is so important for those who desire a life of simple faith: God takes care of His own. He knows our needs. He anticipates our crises. He stands ready to come to our rescue. And at just the right moment He steps in and proves Himself as our faithful heavenly Father. -- Charles Swindoll

God is in all things and in every place. There is not a place in the world in which He is not most truly present. Just as birds, wherever they fly, always meet with the air, so we, wherever we go, or wherever we are, always find God present. -- Saint Francis deSales

Life's Storms by The Vine
Behold, a violent storm came up on the sea, so much that the boat was covered with the waves, but he was asleep. - Matthew 8:24
It wasn't the disciples idea to put their boat out to sea. If they had done this without Jesus asking them to they would not have the same reason to expect protection and rescue. The lesson we learn here is this -- that storms may arise even when we're doing exactly what we're supposed to be doing as Christians. We shouldn't be discouraged by the difficulties or troubles that come, and conclude that somehow we stepped out of His will.
We see that Christ's presence with his disciples did not keep the storms away. There are no promises in the Bible that Christians won't encounter trials. Religion builds no high walls around us to break the force of the winds. Troubles come to the Christian just as surely as to the non-believer. There are the storms of temptation which sweep down with sudden and terrific power from the cold mountains of this world. Then there are the storms of sickness, disappointment, adversity, and sorrow whose waves seem to overwhelm us.
On the Sea or Galilee a boat could at one moment be gliding smoothly over a glassy-smooth surface, unbroken by a ripple, when all of a sudden and without warning a storm will sweep down. In an instant the boat will be tossed in the angry waves. This is exactly how many of life's storms arrive. Temptations come when we are not looking for them. So disasters come. The hopes cherished for years wither in our hands like flowers when the frost comes. The storms of life are nearly always sudden surprises. They don't hang out warning signs days before to warn us. The only way to be ready for them is to be always ready.

What's Next? by Sheree Motola
When David was told, "Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are looting the threshing floors," he inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?" The LORD answered him, "Go, attack the Philistines and save Keilah." (1 Samuel 23:1-2)
The Philistines were great adversaries of the Israelites; David was a mighty warrior and with God's help, he had been successful in defeating the Philistines on many occasions. He had confidence in his calling as a warrior, in his abilities as a warrior, and in God to help him in battle. Yet, when once again the Philistines were causing trouble, David did not rely on his own directions or past success. One more time, he sought God's face. He did not assume to know what God wanted him to do. He asked.
How often do you ask God what to do?
Do you assume to know what He wants based on past experience and make the decision yourself?
Are you quick to rush into action and then later ask God to join you?
Try asking God first and see how much easier things get. After all, He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End (Rev. 22:13). Don't you think He has a better idea of "what's next"?

WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT? by Alan Smith
I heard about a patient in a mental hospital who was holding his ear close to the wall, listening intently. The attendant finally approached. "Shh!" whispered the patient, beckoning him over. The attendant pressed his ear to the wall for a long time. "I can't hear a thing," he said. "I know," replied the patient, "it's been like that all day!"
Have you ever worried so much about things going wrong that you begin to worry when everything goes right? Worry probably does more than anything else to keep us from having peace of mind.
Psychologists have come up with some statistics about our worries. They say that 40% of the things we worry about never happen, 30% of the things we worry about have already happened (and thus can't be changed), 12% of our worries focus on health concerns, and 10% of our worries are over insignificant things.
That means that over 80% of our worries are about things which are unimportant, or that we have absolutely no control over.
So, what have you been worrying about lately? The scriptures tell us, "Don't be anxious, don't worry about anything, but trust in God with everything. He will give you his peace about every situation you face."
"Be anxious for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
Don't be anxious. Stop worrying. Have a great day!

The Seeds Need Water by The Vine
For the earth bears fruit: first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. - Mark 4:28
It doesn't matter how fertile the soil is, if the sun does not shine upon it and if there is no rain from heaven, the seed will never germinate. The human heart is the soil in which the seeds of truth grow; but it must have the sunshine and rain of divine grace upon it before it will produce any spiritual fruit.
A man once tore down an outbuilding that had stood for many years in his yard. He smoothed over the ground, and left it. The warm spring rains fell upon it, and the sunshine flooded it; and in a few days there sprang up multitudes of little flowers, unlike any that grew in the neighborhood. Where the building had stood was once a garden, and the seeds had lain in the soil without moisture, light, or warmth all the years. So as soon as the sunshine and the rain touched them they sprang up into life and beauty.
So very often the seeds of truth lie dormant in a human heart because the light and warmth of the Holy Spirit are shut away from them by sin and unbelief. After many years the heart is opened in some way to the influences of the Divine Spirit and the seeds which are still living shoot up into beauty. The instructions of a mother may lie dormant in someone's heart their entire life without bearing any fruit, and yet in the end may still save the soul.
When we have sown the heavenly seed we should continually pray that God would pour his Spirit, like rain and sunshine, upon the heart where it lies to bring it to life. In the same way for ourselves, we should seek always to keep our hearts open to every life-breathing influence of the grace of God. We need to pray constantly for the rain to come down otherwise our hearts will lie bare and sterile even though they're filled with the divine seeds.

Storms that Correct by Harvest Ministries
And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, "My child, don't make light of the Lord's discipline, and don't give up when he corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child." -Hebrews 12:5-6
Storms will come in life in the form of a hardship or crisis or even tragedy. There will be times when we can anticipate the storm, when we see the clouds start to darken and hear the thunder in the distance. At other times, a storm will arrive unexpectedly. But there is no getting around the fact that we will go through storms.
We will bring some storms on ourselves as a result of our actions. We will do something wrong, it catches up with us, and we face the consequences. A classic example of this is Jonah. God called him, an Israelite, to go and bring a message of repentance to the great city of Nineveh. But the people of Nineveh were enemies of Israel. So Jonah reasoned that if he preached to the Ninevites, they would probably repent and God would spare them. On the other hand, if he didn't preach to them, they wouldn't repent, and God would destroy them. That would be one less enemy Israel would have to worry about. So Jonah boarded a boat that was traveling in the opposite direction.
A terrible storm arose, which was so severe that even the seasoned sailors began to call upon their various gods, hoping for deliverance. Ultimately it was determined that the storm they were facing was a result of Jonah's disobedience. So Jonah was thrown overboard, and you know the rest of the story.
That is what we would call a correcting storm. Correcting storms are reminders that God loves us. If God didn't love Jonah, He wouldn't have sent a storm. But He wanted to get Jonah's attention and get him back on track. So if you find yourself in the midst of a correcting storm, know that it is because God loves you.

You Can Handle It by Timothy Jackson, Jr.
"…because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6)
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
When a mother is preparing to feed her baby, she always tests the temperature of the milk before giving it to the baby. She may place a drop or two on her hand, she may feel the bottle itself, or even taste the milk herself. The mother simply wants to ensure that the bottle is just right for her baby. When the baby receives the bottle, the Parent knows that he or she can handle it.
Many times, we find ourselves in places in life that seem unbearable. We often question whether we will be able to stand the test of time. We wonder if we will be able to handle the weight of the situation. We find ourselves in the very situations we never imagined ourselves being in. The situations that we looked at from afar and said, "I cannot handle that." Many of us are dealing with situations that seem too hot too handle and we feel like throwing in the towel and giving up all together.
However, EVERY trial and tribulation has been tested by the Father before it is allowed to enter our lives. We must know and understand that God has not forgotten about us and He knows what we can bear better than ourselves. When we feel as though we can't go on, God knows what we’re going through, what we can handle and he will never leave us or forsake us.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be strong and stay focused on things that actually matter--things of eternal value. Do not get distracted from abiding in My presence, says the Lord. Stay present with Me. Then, everything else will be taken care of as you move in the power of My Spirit. Put first things first every hour. Feed on things that have spiritual substance. Psalms 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Be still. Be vigilant. There are signs that will be revealed through your circumstances of a paradigm shift taking place. These signs will be indications of what I am doing in and through My people. The church, as you have known it, has the opportunity to be transformed into My bride without spot or wrinkle. Your work is to prepare yourself by letting go of everything that does not produce spiritual life, says the Lord. Ephesians 5:27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

I speak to your body, soul and spirit to be strong. Rise up and receive the strength that I am pouring out even now to bring you to a level where you can thrive in My kingdom, says the Lord. Let your heart and mind be focused on eternal reality instead of allowing your current situation and circumstances to sap your strength and vitality. Yield to this mighty work of redemption. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Beloved, it is My desire that you begin to thrive in My kingdom. The days of just getting by are over, but you must press in to that place of intimate relationship with Me in order to prosper spiritually. And, you must prosper spiritually before you can truly thrive in all the other areas of your life, says the Lord. Ezekiel 16:7a "I made you thrive like a plant in the field; and you grew, matured, and became very beautiful."

I speak straight to your heart in order to awaken you in the realm of love for your brothers and sisters in the Kingdom. But, before you can be regenerated in this area, you must stop speaking against one another. This is a choice you can make. It is a necessary decision. In addition, I would have you set a watch against taking on the offenses of others that establish a place of bitterness in your own heart. I call you into a place of purity in the Spirit, says the Lord. 1 John 4:12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

Yield to the process of sanctification, for indeed I am perfecting those things in you that need to be reclaimed for the Kingdom of God. I speak of those places where the enemy has continued to maintain a stronghold. These are days of redemption to liberate you from all demonic oppression and to free you from all bondage. Surrender to My work in you, says the Lord. You will not be disappointed. James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You are entering into a new spiritual dominion. This day, I say to you, the very works that I have begun in you will manifest in a fuller dimension of My glory and My power. In that fullness shall come greater victory, healing, and joy than you have experienced. I shall be in all of your circumstances, so do not live in anxiety, but rise up in a spirit of boldness and call upon the name of the Lord, and I shall uphold My kingdom in you. Those who walk before Me in obedience shall surely see the manifestation of multiplied blessings. Believe and receive My word, says the Lord.

He'll Carry You by Nancy Burr
We're living in a cold world,
And often feel alone.
Scattered dreams and broken hearts,
We know these as our own.
But life can be much better,
Just open up your eyes.
Right before you, you will see,
Warm heavenly blue skies.
God never meant for us,
To walk this road alone.
He never meant for us,
To try it on our own.
He wants the world to know,
That He is always here.
When you're weak He'll carry you,
And show you that He's near.
There are days my strength is gone,
My faith feels O so weak.
I try to make it on my own,
But I am feeling beat.
A gentle breeze reminds me,
That God is still with me.
He softly whispers in my ear,
"I love you; trust in me."
Life is so much better,
When God is by your side.
He'll help you through each day,
You'll never run and hide.
He knows that we aren't perfect,
That's why He stays by you.
God's love will never leave you,
He's faithful and He's true.

Don't Give Up by Nancy Burr
Your faith just isn't feeling strong,
The way it used to be.
Your heart feels cold; your hope is gone,
You've given up on Thee.
You don't know why you feel this way,
You've so much pain inside.
Despair takes over your whole life,
You want to run and hide.
Just don't give up, no matter what,
Get on your knees and pray.
The Lord is here; He feels your pain,
He'll heal your heart today.
Don't give up; keep holding on,
He knows that you can't cope.
He wants to take your wounded heart,
And fill it up with hope.
You pray to God and ask for help,
Tears stream down your face.
He takes your hand and leads you back,
Into His sweet embrace.
You know that He is holding you,
Your soul can feel His touch.
You know that God has rescued you,
His joy you feel so much.
Just don't give up, no matter what,
Get on your knees and pray.
The Lord is here; He feels your pain,
He'll heal your heart today.
Just give Him all your soul.
God loves you and wants you to know,
He'll never let you go.
Don't give up, no matter what,
The Lord is on your side.
His arms are open wide.
Don't give up, no matter what,
He's always there for you.
His love is always true.

The Eternal Reign of the Lord
1 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty; The Lord is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength. Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved. 2 Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting. 3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord, The floods have lifted up their voice; The floods lift up their waves. 4 The Lord on high is mightier Than the noise of many waters, Than the mighty waves of the sea. 5 Your testimonies are very sure; Holiness adorns Your house, O Lord, forever. Psalm 93:1-5

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 9:23-24

1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. Psalm 62:1-2

21 “Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; Thereby good will come to you. 22 Receive, please, instruction from His mouth, And lay up His words in your heart. 23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be built up; You will remove iniquity far from your tents. Job 22:21-23

Loving God Under Trials
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. James 1:12-18

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” James 4:13-15

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10

Dropping Seeds by The Vine
For the earth bears fruit: first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. - Mark 4:28
Many great histories of blessing may be traced back to a very small seed. A woman whose name is forgotten once left a Christian tract that was found by a man named Richard Baxter. He picked it up and read it, and it led him to Christ. He became a holy Christian, and wrote a book entitled, "A Call to the Unconverted", which brought many people to know Christ including Philip Doddridge. Philip Doddridge in turn wrote "The Rise and Progress of Religion" which led many into the kingdom of God, among them the great William Wilberforce. Wilberforce wrote, "A Practical View of Christianity", which was the means of saving a multitude, among them Legh Richmond. In his turn Legh Richmond wrote the book called "The Dairyman's Daughter", which has been instrumental in the conversion of thousands.
The dropping of that one little tract seemed a very small thing to do; but see what a wonderful, many-branched tree has sprung from it! This is just one illustration of how God's grace springs up from the smallest seed. One seed planted in a heart, dropped by some very humble worker, perhaps unconsciously, may not only save a soul for an eternity, but may start a series of divine influences which will touch thousands of other lives. A simply invitation from his brother brought Simon to Jesus, and what a tree sprang from that seed!
Let us go on, day by day, dropping seeds into as many hearts as we can. We may not always know what comes of them, but from any one of them may spring a history of blessing which will reach thousands of souls. The branches of the tree from one seed may spread over all the nations!

HOW AM I DOIN'? Author Unknown
Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged as a Christian, especially when we're trying to serve the Lord and don't see many results. Jeremiah was like that. He had faithfully proclaimed the message of the Lord, and the people did not respond.
Read about Jeremiah's despair and his hope in Lamentations 3:15-25 (NIV): "He has filled me with bitter herbs and sated me with gall. He has broken my teeth with gravel; he has trampled me in the dust. I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, 'My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the LORD.' I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;"
A man was giving out Gospel tracts on a steamer. One gentleman whom he approached accepted a tract graciously but said, "I haven't much faith in that kind of work." The Christian worker replied, "It was through a Gospel tract given to me in Glasgow twenty years ago that I was converted." Asking for particulars, the gentleman discovered that it was he who had given him the tract! He had ceased to do this because he saw so little result from his efforts. He added, "But by the grace of God, I shall start again."
When we faithfully do what the Lord asks, we never fail. We might not always see the results here, but one day God will reward us for our faithfulness by saying "Well done, good and faithful servant"! Next time you get discouraged, keep on keeping on! God is using you!

Holy God, Comfort us with your strength and your love whenever we feel afraid. Remind us that you teach and guide us by your mighty hand. May we never lose faith in your healing power. Fill us, we pray, with your blessed hope. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 5
The Family of Reuben
1 Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel—he was indeed the firstborn, but because he defiled his father’s bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph, the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright; 2 yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler, although the birthright was Joseph’s— 3 the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel were Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.
4 The sons of Joel were Shemaiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son, 5 Micah his son, Reaiah his son, Baal his son, 6 and Beerah his son, whom Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria carried into captivity. He was leader of the Reubenites. 7 And his brethren by their families, when the genealogy of their generations was registered: the chief, Jeiel, and Zechariah, 8 and Bela the son of Azaz, the son of Shema, the son of Joel, who dwelt in Aroer, as far as Nebo and Baal Meon. 9 Eastward they settled as far as the entrance of the wilderness this side of the River Euphrates, because their cattle had multiplied in the land of Gilead. 10 Now in the days of Saul they made war with the Hagrites, who fell by their hand; and they dwelt in their tents throughout the entire area east of Gilead.
The Family of Gad
11 And the children of Gad dwelt next to them in the land of Bashan as far as Salcah: 12 Joel was the chief, Shapham the next, then Jaanai and Shaphat in Bashan, 13 and their brethren of their father’s house: Michael, Meshullam, Sheba, Jorai, Jachan, Zia, and Eber—seven in all. 14 These were the children of Abihail the son of Huri, the son of Jaroah, the son of Gilead, the son of Michael, the son of Jeshishai, the son of Jahdo, the son of Buz; 15 Ahi the son of Abdiel, the son of Guni, was chief of their father’s house. 16 And the Gadites dwelt in Gilead, in Bashan and in its villages, and in all the common-lands of Sharon within their borders. 17 All these were registered by genealogies in the days of Jotham king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam king of Israel. 18 The sons of Reuben, the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh had forty-four thousand seven hundred and sixty valiant men, men able to bear shield and sword, to shoot with the bow, and skillful in war, who went to war. 19 They made war with the Hagrites, Jetur, Naphish, and Nodab. 20 And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him. 21 Then they took away their livestock—fifty thousand of their camels, two hundred and fifty thousand of their sheep, and two thousand of their donkeys—also one hundred thousand of their men; 22 for many fell dead, because the war was God’s. And they dwelt in their place until the captivity.
The Family of Manasseh (East)
23 So the children of the half-tribe of Manasseh dwelt in the land. Their numbers increased from Bashan to Baal Hermon, that is, to Senir, or Mount Hermon. 24 These were the heads of their fathers’ houses: Epher, Ishi, Eliel, Azriel, Jeremiah, Hodaviah, and Jahdiel. They were mighty men of valor, famous men, and heads of their fathers’ houses. 25 And they were unfaithful to the God of their fathers, and played the harlot after the gods of the peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them. 26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, that is, Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria. He carried the Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh into captivity. He took them to Halah, Habor, Hara, and the river of Gozan to this day.

Dear heavenly Father, Thank you for forgiving us and for showering us with blessings and guiding us into your service. Help us to share your love with others. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply