Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/5

Our faith in God helps us bear fruit all year long.

God hears our cries of pain, frustration, and desperation. Not only does God hear us and know us, God wants to bring us comfort and peace.

"Just go forward most of the time, and you will be fine.” His response was the encouragement I needed. Isn’t that God’s urging for us in our life’s journey? Press on. Be the hands and feet of Christ. Yes, there will be occasions when things seem to go in reverse. But we can keep the faith. We can decide to worry less and pray more. If we just go forward, we will be fine.

Every crisis has a gift to offer when we trust God.

A changed life convinces people of God’s power.

Every day God desires to guide us and help us with our daily problems.

Without God we can do nothing, with Him we can do everything He wants us to do.

STORM DEBRIS by Marsha Jordan
After some friends lost their home in a tornado, I helped them clean up what was left. There wasn't much. Where their house had once stood was a refrigerator. That's all. Destruction was everywhere. Debris covered the yard and the nearby woods. All day we sorted through the rubble, hoping to find intact some piece of our friends' lives. We could rescue only a few belongings. We uncovered some important papers, a few small personal items, and a handful of photos - not very much to represent an entire lifetime. I'm sure the family treasures these mementos because they're all that remains from their pre-tornado life.
Like the devastating winds of a tornado, I've felt trouble beat against my life. Hardships blow into every life, threatening to knock down all that we value. In the wreckage, we can usually find some valuable treasures, if our eyes are open to recognize them and our hearts are open to receive them.
As long as we're in this world, we will have tribulation. (John 16:33) But this Bible verse also says, "In me you may have peace." How can we have peace amid tribulation? Peace doesn't result from the removal of unpleasant circumstances. It comes from releasing our own plans and being open to God's plan. Rest comes from fixing our eyes on Him instead of on circumstances. It comes from giving up on living for myself and living for Him instead.
>From God's vantage point, there is no true debris. I'm confident that He is in the midst of any storm, and I try to keep my eyes open to see the gift He gives with the rubble. He has promised that, for those who love Him, He'll bring blessings out of storms.

Not What You’d Hoped
Hope deferred makes the heart sick. Proverbs 13:12
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
I remember the pain from many moons ago as if it were yesterday. The issue has long been put to rest, so a when a reminder kicked in that familiar sting I was caught off guard.
Perhaps there was a time when you didn’t get the job, even though you were the most qualified. For some reason, out of your control, you didn’t get the position.
Perhaps you didn’t make the team, didn’t get the raise, or promotion, got left in the dust in a relationship you trusted. Maybe you didn’t receive an invitation and that left you feeling less-than.
Disappointments, and hopes that are dashed, hurt. The pain is real. I would have liked nothing better than to protect my children from the pain and disillusionment of the real world. However, that is not only not possible, it is not wise. We have to learn to deal with disappointments and frustrations in our lives.
One good thing about it is that there is Someone who actually knows all about our pains and disappointments, who understands and has walked every step of the way with us. The Lord, who is sovereign and mighty, is still on his throne, and yes, He cares for us. He’s with us, He comforts us, He heals us, and we move on in His time.
If you feel excluded, passed over, or insignificant remember that the truth is you were chosen by the Lord himself. (John 15:16)
Thank God today we have Someone who is real and very present in our lives (Matthew 28:20), especially when experiencing a time of ‘not what you'd hoped for’.
That's good news.

"Break Me and Make Change" Author Unknown
Have you ever heard the saying that old habits are hard to break? That means that change is hard to do. Change defined means "to alter, to transform, to switch, or to transfer". The definition that stuck out the most to me was to break, meaning to shift to a lower register as in to "Make Change".
My oldest daughter is in the 3rd grade and she has learned how to count money. She is amazed at how many ways you can make a dollar out of change. 2 half dollars = $1.00, 4 quarters = $1.00, 10 dimes = $1.00, 20 nickels = $1.00 and 100 pennies = $1.00. No matter which amount you have, it all equals a dollar.
In order to "Make Change" out of a dollar, it has to be broken. When you allow God to make change in your life, things you have have to be broken. You may end up having a lot of fragmented pieces once He starts breaking things down in your life, but it's okay. You may end up 4 quarters or even 100 pennies, but once he adds all the change, you end up being whole again.
"He heals the broken hearted, and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3)
Familiarity is often hard to walk away from but it breeds complacency and stagnation. While on the other hand, change is altering, modifying or doing away with a routine or habit. Change is a breaking point in our lives where we have to step out of the ordinary to step into the extraordinary. Change is a sacrifice of things to become broken - to be made whole.
Allow God to make change in your life because a path in a circle eventually takes you back to where you started, so you end up going nowhere. You end up in a cycle that seems to keep repeating itself over and over again. The same bad choices with the same results. The same mountain. The same test that you have taken so many times that you end up memorizing the questions. If this applies to you, you need God to break you and "Make Change".
"Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise." (Psalm 51:8-12; 17)

God Has Big Plans For You by Joe McKeever
Writing in the Spring 2003 issue of "Columns," the alumni magazine of Louisiana College , Curt Iles pays tribute to science professor Charles Cavanaugh. Early in Curt's sophomore year, he paid Cavanaugh a visit to tell him he planned to drop chemistry.
"Prof," said the 19-year-old, "I thought it was God's will for me to become a science teacher. I enjoyed the biology classes you taught last year. But chemistry
is killing me. That little rural high school I attended did not prepare me for this. I failed the test yesterday and I am not going to be able to pass this course. So, I plan to drop chemistry. Maybe God will have something else for me since I can't be a science teacher. I need to find His will."
Suddenly, the professor cut him off. "God's will? God's will? Son, I'll tell you what God's will is for you! Get in there, go to work, and pass chemistry. That's what God's will is for you!" And he stormed out of the office. Curt sat there in shock. Finally, realizing the professor was not returning, he went back to his dormitory. That night, he studied chemistry, and the next day, made a D on the test. At least, it was passing.
"That day," Curt Iles writes, "I decided that nothing was going to stop me from achieving my goal of teaching. I was going to pass this course or die trying." A month later, the chemistry professor said, "Iles, what's happened to you?" He was a student
with a purpose.
Before leaving the disciples, Jesus began to prepare them for the future. Peter listened, absorbed all he could, then turned to the apostle John. "Lord," he said, "what about him?" Jesus said, "What is that to you? You follow me." (John 21:22)
God has big plans for you. He is mercifully not going to tell you what they are. At this moment, He is at work getting you ready for them and them ready for you. Your job is to do the work He has put on your plate today.

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO COMMIT? Author Unknown
The story is told of a man in a fancy restaurant who started to choke on a bone. A doctor rushed over, identified himself as a doctor, and reassured the man that he was going to be all right. He performed the Heimlich Maneuver and the bone popped out.
As the man's breath and voice returned he said, "I'm ever so grateful, doctor, how can I ever repay you?"
The doctor smiled and said, "I'll settle for one-tenth of what you were willing to pay while you were choking."
It's true, isn't it, that when you're facing a crisis (especially a life-threatening crisis), you would give everything you have to get through it. Money is no object!
We do the same thing on a spiritual level. How many times have you faced hardship and prayed, "Lord, if you'll just see me through this, I'll serve you faithfully the rest of my life!" or something similar? But what happens when the crisis passes? Those feelings of urgency about serving God pass as well. If we could commit ourselves to doing one-tenth of what we're willing to do in those moments, most of us would ascend to a new level of commitment.
Paul wrote, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
Suggested Prayer: Father, there are moments in my life when I am reminded of how much I need you and how urgent it is that I commit my life to you. All too often, though, those feelings disappear, and I quickly revert back to a less-than-satisfactory level of commitment. Please forgive me and strengthen me in my resolve to reach the point where I can say with the apostle Paul, "To me, to live is Christ." In Jesus' name, Amen

What Are The Thorns by The Vine
Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. - Mark 4:7
The thorns had been chopped off but their roots were still in the ground. Then as the seed began to grow, so did the thorns; and growing faster and stronger than the wheat they soon choked it out. In the end there was no wheat left growing.
What are these thorns? Jesus says they are “the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches.”
“Cares” are anxieties, distractions and worries. Martha was in danger of having the good seed in her heart choked out by her distracting thoughts about running her household. Many a promising Christian life has been dwarfed and stunted by the same cause.
“The deceitfulness of riches”. Thousands of spiritual lives have been starved into insignificance by the desire for riches.
“The lust of other things entering in, choke the word.” We have all seen people who began well; but as cares multiplied or riches increased, their enthusiasm waned. We need, however, to look to our own hearts and we shall probably have enough to do if we keep out all the thorns and weeds in the one little garden committed to us.
Jesus did not say these people are not Christians, but that they “bring no fruit to perfection.” The distractions of this life, the deceitfulness of riches, and the pursuit of others things choke the spiritual life causing it's fruit not to develop. They lose the sweet comforts of a healthy faith. The fruits of the Spirit in them become shriveled. They may go on working in the church, preaching, teaching, praying; but the life is severely lacking.
What is the lesson in this? That we need to watch without ceasing these hearts of ours, and let no weed or thorn-bush grown there for a day. Sometimes God himself does the weeding. He lifts out of our inmost being the earthly object that is absorbing all the heart's love. The process is sore, but the results are full of blessing.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I am leading you in a steady progression to achieve all that I have prepared for you. You must, however, maintain the level of patience that keeps you from getting discouraged. The pace that I have set is in the perfect flow of My Spirit, says the Lord, and will bring you to the greatest success and victory. Be strong, and don't give up. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Keep an overall sense of where you are and what I have called you to do. Refuse to allow the enemy to get you bogged down by paying too much attention to details. The most important thing is to maintain spiritual focus and constantly strive to put My kingdom first in your life, says the Lord. Everything else will follow in perfect order. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Do not falter at this critical moment, for you are in a time of specific progression to an explicit place in the Spirit. It is important that you refuse to get discouraged in this process and that you resist and overcome the urge to quit. Be strong and take the time to renew your faith in Me to bring you through every challenge in victory, says the Lord. I am the victorious one, and you belong to Me. Matthew 12:20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory.

I know that you trust Me, says the Lord, because I see your heart and know your love for Me. But, now I am opening a door of hope that will lead to the specific resolution of the issues you have been dealing with for some time. Move in the power of My Spirit and let hope rule in your heart. I am with you to become strength in your weakness. Let the weak say, "I am strong!" Hosea 2:14-15 "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her. I will give her her vineyards from there, and the Valley of Achor [trouble] as a door of hope; she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I tell you, My people, that these days will be known as the days of divine expression, for I am about to express My kingdom through you in a greater way. I am going to bring you forth into a place of resurrection power. In the process of this resurrection I will restore you. It is My desire that you come forth in health and with provision. I say these are the days of divine glory, and I will bring forth a divine manifestation, a divine expression, to those who will simply believe in Me, says the Lord. Position yourself to be one with Me in purpose, one with Me in heart, and then I will express Myself through you. The world will know that I have a people, and they will know that I am the Lord of Glory.

Give Him All Your Pain by Nancy Burr
Sometimes life does not make sense,
It's hard and filled with pain.
It seems that everything goes wrong,
Dark days are here again.
The road you're on is lonely,
You're filling with despair.
Sadness fills your broken heart,
You wish someone would care.
But there is someone out there,
Who loves you very much.
He longs to heal your broken heart,
With his gentle touch.
He will never leave you,
He longs to soothe your soul.
He'll hold you in His loving arms,
And never let you go.
He'll fill your life with so much joy,
His peace will fill your soul.
He will set your heart so free,
His love will make you whole.
All your pain and sorrow,
He'll gladly take from you.
He'll fill you up with happiness,
And make you feel brand new.
The one who can do all of this,
Is Jesus Christ the Lord.
He can fill you up with strength,
Then be your shield and sword.
Jesus love you O so much,
That on the cross He died.
He paid the price so you can live,
Forever by His side.
Just pray to Jesus; ask Him in,
Then in your heart He'll live.
He'll never walk away from you,
His love He'll freely give.
He's here for you, just trust in Him,
And give Him all your pain.
He longs for you to trust in Him,
And feel His blessings rain.

Touch My Soul by Nancy Burr
I know that You are always here,
Watching over me.
On days when struggles come my way,
Your strength will protect me.
But in my heart I feel so lost,
So confused and afraid.
I don't know why my hope is gone,
With me I know You've stayed.
The joy and peace You fill me with,
Is hard for me to see.
I feel such sadness fill my soul,
It's taking over me.
There is a raging fight in me,
I'm starting to feel beat.
The evil one is hard at work,
I'm feeling O so weak.
I won't let Satan rule my life,
I will not let him win.
I need Your help Lord, rescue me,
Please take away this sin.
Please fight this battle for me Lord,
And send him far away.
Then give me all the strength I need,
To fight him off each day.
I am unworthy of Your love,
Your mercy and Your grace.
I don't deserve to be Your child,
Or feel Your sweet embrace.
But when I'm weak and loose my way,
My eyes so filled with tears.
Please reach down and touch my soul,
And show me that You're near.
I know that I will fall again,
So keep reminding me.
To hold on tight and not let go,
When struggles come to me.
Help me to never turn from You,
Fill me with desire.
To love You Lord with all my heart,
Set my heart on fire.
You are my strength when I am weak,
You help me carry on.
You are my friend through good and bad,
Though others may be gone.
You are my eyes when I can't see,
You turn my life around.
You are my feet when I can't walk,
I'm safe on level ground.
Thank-you Lord for the air I breathe,
You're the reason I live.
All my days I'll offer You praise,
My all to You I give.

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. John 15:7-8

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:3-9

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:3-14

By Grace Through Faith
2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:2-10

Appreciation of the Mystery
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21

One of the World's Biggest Miracles Author Unknown
Moses and the Israelites were in the desert, but what was he going to do with them? They had to be fed, and feeding 2 or 3 million people requires a lot of food. According to a Quartermaster in the Army, it is reported that Moses would have had to have 1500 tons of food for each day.
Do you know that to bring that much food each day requires two freight trains, each a mile long. They would have to have firewood to use in cooking the food. This would take 4000 tons of wood and more freight trains, each a mile long, just for one day. And, just think about it, they were forty years in transit, in a desert.
And oh yes! They would have to have water. If they only had enough to drink and wash a few dishes, it would take 11 million gallons each day, and a freight train with tank cars, 1800 miles long, just to bring water!
And then another thing! They had to cross the Red Sea at night. Now, if they wanted a narrow path, double file, the line would be 800 miles long and would require 35 days and nights to get through. So, there had to be space in the Red Sea, 3 miles wide so that they could walk 5000 abreast to get over in one night.
But then, there is another problem. Each time they camped at the end of each day, a camp ground two-thirds the size of Rhode Island was required, or a total of 750 square miles long.
Do you think Moses figured all this out before he left Egypt? I think not!! You see, Moses believed in God and God took care of these things for him.
Now, do you think God has any problem taking care of all of your needs?
"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

God of all comfort, help us to remember when we feel alone and forgotten that you hear our cries, see our pain, and are working to bring us peace. Show us how to trust you even when our faith seems small, as we pray, “Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.”* Amen. *Luke 11:2-4 (NIV).

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 6
The Family of Levi
1 The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath, and Merari. 2 The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel. 3 The children of Amram were Aaron, Moses, and Miriam. And the sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. 4 Eleazar begot Phinehas, and Phinehas begot Abishua; 5 Abishua begot Bukki, and Bukki begot Uzzi; 6 Uzzi begot Zerahiah, and Zerahiah begot Meraioth; 7 Meraioth begot Amariah, and Amariah begot Ahitub; 8 Ahitub begot Zadok, and Zadok begot Ahimaaz; 9 Ahimaaz begot Azariah, and Azariah begot Johanan; 10 Johanan begot Azariah (it was he who ministered as priest in the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem); 11 Azariah begot Amariah, and Amariah begot Ahitub; 12 Ahitub begot Zadok, and Zadok begot Shallum; 13 Shallum begot Hilkiah, and Hilkiah begot Azariah; 14 Azariah begot Seraiah, and Seraiah begot Jehozadak. 15 Jehozadak went into captivity when the Lord carried Judah and Jerusalem into captivity by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar. 16 The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath, and Merari. 17 These are the names of the sons of Gershon: Libni and Shimei. 18 The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel. 19 The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi. Now these are the families of the Levites according to their fathers: 20 Of Gershon were Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son, 21 Joah his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son, and Jeatherai his son. 22 The sons of Kohath were Amminadab his son, Korah his son, Assir his son, 23 Elkanah his son, Ebiasaph his son, Assir his son, 24 Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son. 25 The sons of Elkanah were Amasai and Ahimoth. 26 As for Elkanah, the sons of Elkanah were Zophai his son, Nahath his son, 27 Eliab his son, Jeroham his son, and Elkanah his son. 28 The sons of Samuel were Joel the firstborn, and Abijah the second. 29 The sons of Merari were Mahli, Libni his son, Shimei his son, Uzzah his son, 30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, and Asaiah his son.
Musicians in the House of the Lord
31 Now these are the men whom David appointed over the service of song in the house of the Lord, after the ark came to rest. 32 They were ministering with music before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of meeting, until Solomon had built the house of the Lord in Jerusalem, and they served in their office according to their order. 33 And these are the ones who ministered with their sons: Of the sons of the Kohathites were Heman the singer, the son of Joel, the son of Samuel, 34 the son of Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Eliel, the son of Toah, 35 the son of Zuph, the son of Elkanah, the son of Mahath, the son of Amasai, 36 the son of Elkanah, the son of Joel, the son of Azariah, the son of Zephaniah, 37 the son of Tahath, the son of Assir, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, 38 the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, the son of Israel. 39 And his brother Asaph, who stood at his right hand, was Asaph the son of Berachiah, the son of Shimea, 40 the son of Michael, the son of Baaseiah, the son of Malchijah, 41 the son of Ethni, the son of Zerah, the son of Adaiah, 42 the son of Ethan, the son of Zimmah, the son of Shimei, 43 the son of Jahath, the son of Gershon, the son of Levi. 44 Their brethren, the sons of Merari, on the left hand, were Ethan the son of Kishi, the son of Abdi, the son of Malluch, 45 the son of Hashabiah, the son of Amaziah, the son of Hilkiah, 46 the son of Amzi, the son of Bani, the son of Shamer, 47 the son of Mahli, the son of Mushi, the son of Merari, the son of Levi. 48 And their brethren, the Levites, were appointed to every kind of service of the tabernacle of the house of God.
The Family of Aaron
49 But Aaron and his sons offered sacrifices on the altar of burnt offering and on the altar of incense, for all the work of the Most Holy Place, and to make atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded. 50 Now these are the sons of Aaron: Eleazar his son, Phinehas his son, Abishua his son, 51 Bukki his son, Uzzi his son, Zerahiah his son, 52 Meraioth his son, Amariah his son, Ahitub his son, 53 Zadok his son, and Ahimaaz his son.
Dwelling Places of the Levites
54 Now these are their dwelling places throughout their settlements in their territory, for they were given by lot to the sons of Aaron, of the family of the Kohathites: 55 They gave them Hebron in the land of Judah, with its surrounding common-lands. 56 But the fields of the city and its villages they gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh. 57 And to the sons of Aaron they gave one of the cities of refuge, Hebron; also Libnah with its common-lands, Jattir, Eshtemoa with its common-lands, 58 Hilen with its common-lands, Debir with its common-lands, 59 Ashan with its common-lands, and Beth Shemesh with its common-lands. 60 And from the tribe of Benjamin: Geba with its common-lands, Alemeth with its common-lands, and Anathoth with its common-lands. All their cities among their families were thirteen. 61 To the rest of the family of the tribe of the Kohathites they gave by lot ten cities from half the tribe of Manasseh. 62 And to the sons of Gershon, throughout their families, they gave thirteen cities from the tribe of Issachar, from the tribe of Asher, from the tribe of Naphtali, and from the tribe of Manasseh in Bashan. 63 To the sons of Merari, throughout their families, they gave twelve cities from the tribe of Reuben, from the tribe of Gad, and from the tribe of Zebulun. 64 So the children of Israel gave these cities with their common-lands to the Levites. 65 And they gave by lot from the tribe of the children of Judah, from the tribe of the children of Simeon, and from the tribe of the children of Benjamin these cities which are called by their names. 66 Now some of the families of the sons of Kohath were given cities as their territory from the tribe of Ephraim. 67 And they gave them one of the cities of refuge, Shechem with its common-lands, in the mountains of Ephraim, also Gezer with its common-lands, 68 Jokmeam with its common-lands, Beth Horon with its common-lands, 69 Aijalon with its common-lands, and Gath Rimmon with its common-lands. 70 And from the half-tribe of Manasseh: Aner with its common-lands and Bileam with its common-lands, for the rest of the family of the sons of Kohath. 71 From the family of the half-tribe of Manasseh the sons of Gershon were given Golan in Bashan with its common-lands and Ashtaroth with its common-lands. 72 And from the tribe of Issachar: Kedesh with its common-lands, Daberath with its common-lands, 73 Ramoth with its common-lands, and Anem with its common-lands. 74 And from the tribe of Asher: Mashal with its common-lands, Abdon with its common-lands, 75 Hukok with its common-lands, and Rehob with its common-lands. 76 And from the tribe of Naphtali: Kedesh in Galilee with its common-lands, Hammon with its common-lands, and Kirjathaim with its common-lands. 77 From the tribe of Zebulun the rest of the children of Merari were given Rimmon with its common-lands and Tabor with its common-lands. 78 And on the other side of the Jordan, across from Jericho, on the east side of the Jordan, they were given from the tribe of Reuben: Bezer in the wilderness with its common-lands, Jahzah with its common-lands, 79 Kedemoth with its common-lands, and Mephaath with its common-lands. 80 And from the tribe of Gad: Ramoth in Gilead with its common-lands, Mahanaim with its common-lands, 81 Heshbon with its common-lands, and Jazer with its common-lands.

O God, help us follow Paul’s challenge to pray with thankful hearts and to release our anxiety. Knowing you are with us, we will be fine. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply