Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
MaryB1974

Default Stuck

Hello - my name is Mary. I have been battling alone for years pretending everything is fine and now I am in a position where I am addicted to alcohol and I don't know how to stop. I have purchased many AA books which I hide in my cupboard and have not read most of them. Maybe its time to start making time for me. We have a large business and it is very stressful. I have 2 young children and a beautiful husband and I want to be the best I can be for them. Look forward to sharing and listening to you all xx
MaryB1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaryB1974 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
yukonm
Administrator

Hi Mary,
My name is Mary, too!! I am so glad that you found us. I know that your days must be pretty busy but do you think you could carve out an hour to attend an AA meeting. Ideally a women's meeting in your area. If you don't know how to find a meeting, please PM me and I will help. You can get numbers of women to help you when you feel like drinking. AA is a "WE" program and you do not have to do this on your own.
In the meantime, we are here to support and encourage you in your sobriety. The main thing right now is DO NOT DRINK.....for any reason. If you are having difficulty with withdrawal symptoms, please seek medical attention for detox.
Please continue to come here and share. We have a fantastic group of people here.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Mary. Sounds like it is time to take time for you. Without you, you have no business, children, and husband.

May I suggest going to a meeting, a closed discussion one. Words are good, but unless we can learn to apply them to our life, they become meaningless. I had to detox and it was suggested to go to 90 meetings in 90 days, find a home group and a sponsor. A support group is important, I couldn't do it alone. I tried my way for 8 years and it didn't work. If I stopped, I couldn't stay stopped.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
LookingOut

You are not alone. Many of us become dependent on alcohol. I have been struggling, but find these forums a good place to help keep me motivated not to drink. I hope you will come back and check in daily and tell us how things are going.
LookingOut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LookingOut For Sharing:
Old 01-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
MaryB1974

Default Thank you

Hello everyone, I am happy to say I have been going really well and have not touched a drop since my last post.
This time feels different, I feel really focused and hell bent on being the me I used to be. I am sleeping better and don't seem to have too many withdrawals apart from a bit of snappy irritability and some really weird dreams. I have been eating really well and doing some exercise and I have lost 3 kg so far.

I live in a very small town and it is a 2.5 hour drive to the nearest big town so meetings are difficult for me. There is a meeting here at the local hospital but it is not a private setting and I would feel exposed and I am not ready for that.
So I will stay on line here with you and keep going in a positive direction. Trust me, if I fall down, I will tell you. It happens to all of us.

Thanks again xx:smiley:
The Following User Says Thank You to MaryB1974 For Sharing:
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing Mary. So glad you have stayed sober. I hope you have found yourself a sponsor, even if you can't always get to a meeting. That personal connection is important. It is good to come here and we will support you. Post on the site or send a member a private message.

Relapse and isolation are parts of my disease, not a tool of recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 01-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
MaryB1974

I am one of those people that listens and helps others but keep my own problems to myself. I think I definitely need help with this disease and that is why I'm here. I met a lady last year at a writers festival and she and I clicked and she shared with me. She would be a great sponsor but again she is 2.5 hrs away. I will make contact with her. Thank you xx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryB1974 For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply