Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #46
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day.
Grateful I was able to nap after my trip downtown.
Grateful to connect with recovery people on my journey.
Grateful that my computer is back up and running, and I have my call display back on my phone.
Grateful that I have access to my directory so I can phone people and see who is calling.
Grateful that my son cooked dinner.
Grateful for all the tennis and curling, without them, there was nothing on that I wanted to watch.
Grateful for the break so I could catch up on some reading.
Grateful for the three meditations I did, and extra grateful for my God, who tells me what I need, even if I don`t like it. I used Osho cards tonight. Many times when I use my animal cards, I won`t like the message, will reshuffle, and get the same cards again. Other times, the last card I got, is the first card on the next query. I had some prayer cards and gave them away to Tony at the Holistic Center, along with some Celtic cards that were circular. My angel cards always seem to give a message that I can`t deny. I don`t use them so much any more, because when I first got them, they were for grounding me, emptying my head, new awareness and clarity, and now I don`t need them to connect with my God, I don`t use them for answers, I go for guidance as to what I need too change and for my personal inventory.
Grateful for all of you and thank you for sharing this journey with me. We may have used different substances or a combination of different drugs, but we have on purpose, to stay clean and sober in today.
Grateful for the power of Creation, how can you deny that there is a God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 03:11 AM   #47
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful I got some sleep, even if my days and nights are turned around.
Grateful that I am finished and can call it a night. Since my TV server is down and I can't watch my tennis, I can get into my book if I can't sleep.
Grateful that I ate all my dinner, hasn't been happening lately.
Grateful for the many blessing of the day.
Grateful I had the courage to cut or perhaps I should say hack my son's hair off. He hasn't been able to go to my sister's to have it done and couldn't stand it any longer. He has natural curly hair so it is not easy, especially when you use meat shears. My scissors were too dull and couldn't be sharpened.
Grateful for all of you who share this journey with me.
God Bless.

Grateful for the following quote:

“The chief beauty about time
is that you cannot waste it in advance.
The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,
as perfect, as unspoiled,
as if you had never wasted or misapplied
a single moment in all your life.
You can turn over a new leaf every hour
if you choose.”
― Arnold Bennett

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #48
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that I made it downtown today to return books and do some grocery shopping.
Grateful that my body allowed me to rest and sleep after ward.
Grateful that I did another meditation, the heavy duty kind, not something I do every day.
Grateful that my God is only a prayer away.
Grateful to my God for leading me to those special gifts that suddenly appear and I am better for having followed His direction.
Grateful for the following quote. For me, it means, knowing that I know nothing and always remaining teachable. What I think I know, is but a tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
It takes a long time to understand nothing.

Edward Dahlberg quotes

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #49
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that all went well with my exploratory surgery. The last time, I had to have cysts removed.
Grateful that I was able to sleep, even though it took me a while to get sleepy tired. All the water I drank kept me running, and I finally crashed. Every time I got up, I went back to sleep. 28 hours without sleep catches up with you.
Grateful for the blessings of the day.
Grateful to awaken in time to watch the final of women's Australia Tennis Championship.
Grateful for all of you who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 01-25-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: format
Old 01-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #50
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful for my nap today so I can stay up and continue to watch tennis.
Grateful for a good day, not as much pain.
Grateful I got some reading done.
Grateful that this is a we program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #51
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for a new day.
Grateful that I got sleep even though the day started late.
Grateful for my afternoon TV shows, The Chew, The Talk, Katie, Queen Latifa, and Dr. Oz depending on the discussion. I watch him when he first started and found myself growing into a hypochondriac.
Grateful my son cooked dinner and had the thought of something sweet, and I gave in to make chocolate pudding.
Grateful that the Dart Tournament is on. I was a good player until my arms got so weak from my arthritis, that when I through a dart it didn't stick in the board.
Grateful for the gifts sent my way today. The post I made on Enlightenment, enlightened me.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me.
Grateful for my friend and fellow AA member who made this for me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #52
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful my son cooked dinner last night.
Grateful he is here to help me get out and go do my do things I need today because it is pay day, even though I know he will have his hand out.
Grateful that I found some old pictures yesterday that I thought I had lost.
Grateful that it has quit snowing, although it is -17 deg. C at the moment, which is about -2 deg. F. It seems so much colder when you look at the Celsius numbers, they make me feel cold. A good example, that it is our thinking which affects our sense of being. If you think cold, you will be, more often than not.
Grateful I woke up to do my posting and I have to leave later this morning.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 AM   #53
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that I have been granted another day.
Grateful that I got my laundry done.
Grateful I got called while I was in the laundry room to go for an afternoon appointment at the Holistic Center.
Grateful that I met Bill Marsh about 15 years ago and over the years, he has kept me walking and saved my sanity through 7 years of migraines.
Grateful that I have been able to stay awake to post. The Hazelden readings don't change until 1 p.m.
Grateful for my cooking shows I watch tonight, even though they made me hungry. My favourite is Iron Chef, and the next two favourites are Chopped and The Taste. Tonight was Chopped Canada.
Grateful I got my other winter coat fixed. The one I have been wearing is black, gray and white fur with a stand up colour, gets lots of compliments, it even has my son's approval, but it makes me feel like a blimp.
Grateful that the Davis Cup series is starting. Canada is playing Japan at the moment. Our top two players have injuries, so doesn't look to hopeful, but one day at a time, hopefully they will work through it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #54
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that a day can start any time.
Grateful that I don't have to go out into the snow and cold.
Grateful that tennis and curling are both on today.
Grateful for the trilogy of books I have to read. The last book I had I just couldn't get into it, and gave it up as a lost cause when it took me about 3 days to get 1/3rd of the way through it and was none the wiser or eager to get to the end.
Grateful that I have left over chicken and all I have to do is figure out what to do with it.
Grateful that I can ask for the energy and good orderly direction to do what I need to do for myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #55
schell81208

Today I am grateful for recovery and a wonderful meditation this morning...carrying me into the day with real peace of mind , soul and body

I am grateful to have spoken to someone from here in recovery, about recovery and about how life goes on and in today we are really living ...I am here today, alive and sober...

I am grateful that eventhough there has been non stop cold and lots of snow...there are moments I can say the snow is beautiful, I have a coat to wear, a hat and gloves, I have a warm house and cozy blankets...many who are struggling as I did to walk into recovery...have lost most or all...not being there today is only another gift of this program,

Peace, Schell
schell81208 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schell81208 For Sharing:
Old 02-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #56
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that you signed in and shared. You are missed.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:12 AM   #57
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that even though I am in pain, I don't have to pick up and use in today.
Grateful for some down time after all my busy days.
Grateful that I can come here and share. Some times it is before I go to bed and other times, like today, this is my morning.
Grateful that I listened to my body yesterday, when it said sleep, I listened.
Grateful that each time I woke up I could experience no pain. That doesn't mean it took long to come back, but for a few precious moments, I was free.
Grateful that even though I didn't feel hungry, I ate. Not sure it was all that healthy, because I had roast beef on a bun and plain potato chips with onion chip dip at 8 p.m.
Grateful for a new day, nothing planned, but am open to what my God brings to me during the day.
Grateful for all of you for sharing this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply