Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #781
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I am working on doing what needs to be done instead of procrastinating. I managed to do two loads of laundry, then the body crashed. Now after eating, I am having chest pains, so trying to get my posting done so I can take myself back to bed.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #782
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I plan to stay in and not go out in the cold. If my leg will let me stand and move on it, i will do up some dishes for starters. I also have some library books to read, so it is a do day, but not going out to that cold.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #783
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will reach out to others. I am new to the members of my group. It is important to remember that I am a newcomer, not someone who things she knows it all. It is a one day at a program. That is applicable to every day of my life. I just have more times practicing and screwing up.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #784
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will give myself permission to go back to bed to try to get some more sleep. It was my fault that I got lost in my book and didn't put it down. I book is due in three day another in four days, so that means doing some heavy reading. TV and my computer have gotten in the way of something I really like to do.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:53 AM   #785
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will live this day to it's fullest. That means going back to my bed at some point and getting more sleep. I plan to do service tonight, hoping people show up for the NA New Year's Service. It is my goal to be there for any newcomers.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #786
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will accept what is and not project into the future. I will take things one day at a time. I will lower my expectations and raise my level of acceptance of what is in the moment, knowing it is subject to change, not in my time, but according to God's Will.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #787
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will turn things over to my HP. It is windy and cold with the promise of more snow, so I will wait to see if I want to go out in the cold.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:25 PM   #788
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will ask my God for what I need for my Higher Good. I need to go to the mall, a lot will depend on the weather as to whether I walk or take a taxi or bus there.

I had hoped my son would take my library books but he did not. I need to be responsible and take them back on time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #789
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will dig deep and find some patience and tolerance. My son went to the food bank and they gave him more hair care products than food. He doesn't need much as he just had his shaved by his aunt before Christmas. He was not a happy camper.

I was looking for treats. I gave him the double chocolate cookie thins and I took the fibre 1 lemon Delights. I had 2 for my lunch. Just one doesn't enter my head when they are about 2" square probably closer to 1 1/2". I did have two tape measures at one time and now I can find none.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:37 AM   #790
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will work my program to the best of my ability. I will do some service (go to my group tonight), apply the Steps (some days I need all 12), and connect with my God to see what He would have me do.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #791
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try not to worry. Not feeling good and my left arm is sore and I keep telling myself it is my arthritis, not my heart. Arthritis I candeal with, heart I am not too sure. I got out of bed twice today and couldn't bring myself to post.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #792
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to be accepting of what is in the minute. Something has to change soon, I am going to call my doctor's office on Monday. Not sure if I should call my heart doctor or family doctor.

As they say, "Nothing changes if nothing changes." I seem to be singing the same old song time and again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #793
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to organize my time. Not just in thought, but action too. Lately following thought with action hasn't been one of my strong points. It has been more like think, and think again, and still not have a clue.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:08 PM   #794
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will do what I need to get done and let go of the rest. It was a difficult day, mentally as well as physically. My arthritis was bothering, I had a head ache all day, but I finally got the body to sleep and ease some of the pain. I did get downstairs to get my medications for the week, have some lunch and dinner before I went to sleep. I had thought of sleeping the day away, but my God woke me up, so I could do my posting for today. For that I am grateful, I always feel better after doing it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #795
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will accept things as they are, not as I would have them be. Quite often when it is raining, I will cancel my chiropractor's appointment. I generally take a taxi there then walk two blocks back to a bus stop, grab a bus and go to the mall. I use to make my appointments in the morning so I could go to my Al-Anon meeting. Since I have been having problems with my balance, I have quit going to the Al-Anon meeting. Since I started getting Meals on Wheels, I have to be home between 11 am and 1 pm, I can't go to my Al-Anon meeting or my AA meeting which is also at 12 noon.

Today, because it was raining, I took the taxi to my appointment and a taxi home. I had thought of cancelling, but I knew my body needed the adjustment. I went 4 weeks and I generally have to go 2-3 weeks to see him, so that was good. As my doctor said, "I needed the treatment, but my body adjusted much better than he though it would." He also said that perhaps the year 2018 was going to be a mobile year for me.

I am glad I accept things as they were, and put the money out for the taxi to and from the doctot' instead of cancelling. It is good to practice self-care.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply