Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing. Each day is a new beginning. As a long-timer said to me, "I don't have bad days any more, I just have bad moments in a day. A day can start any time. I can stop, turn my day over to the God of my understanding, and start my day anew and say, "Just for today, I choose not to use."

When I had my last cigarette, it was at 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon, that was when I started my day of recovery. I couldn't make the days and the cigarettes balance out. Heaven forbid that I not smoke that last one.

I was told to keep coming so I wouldn't have to come back. Keep coming to the site. Keep coming to meetings. Keep sharing with my sponsor, keep reading the literature, keep working the steps, keep doing the do things that were suggestions, that turned out to be 'darn well betters' because if I didn't do them, I would surely die. Relapse was not an option for me. I saw others stop doing them and they relapsed and I couldn't afford to go there. They carried a great message to me and I will be forever grateful to them. I had two sponsees who carried the message, to use is to die! I had two sponsors die, both died sober.

When you relapse, all you lose is your dry date. If you are fortunate enough to make it back into the rooms of recovery, you have a great message to carry. Your God isn't done with you yet.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply