Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Who Do We Truly Worship

WHO DO WE TRULY WORSHIP

Our thoughts, our words and our actions tell others who or what we really care about. It isn’t hard to spot someone who is self-centered. It isn’t hard to notice when someone is obsessed with another person. It isn’t hard to tell when a person is totally absorbed in something. It’s times we asked ourselves who we truly worship. It’s time we turned from the things and people of the world and put God number one in our lives.

Deuteronomy 6:5 “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.” (NLT)

Dear Lord, we love You with all our hearts. We want to worship You. We want to obey You. Sometimes the things of the world get in the way. Sometimes we pay more attention to others than we do You. Sometimes we get obsessed with things and what we want rather than thinking about what You want. Help us today to hear You and to obey. Help us to be ready, willing and able to do Your will and truly worship only You. Thank You for your guidance, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Who we truly worship is revealed in our daily actions, our thoughts and our words.

When we worship God, we are ready to obey Him in all things.

Having a heart of worship for God requires we put away the things of the world and really focus on Him.

When we love the Lord, our God, with all our heart, all our soul and all our strength, it shows who we truly worship.

When our words, thoughts and actions are kind and good toward others, we are truly serving the Lord.

Matthew 25:40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’” (NLT)

Focus: Worship God with all your heart, soul and strength today. Put aside the things of the world and focus only on Him.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...d=FRANCESLUCAS
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply