Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/7

When we trust God, the future always holds hope.

We can rest secure in the arms of our Good Shepherd.

Through us, the power of God can transform the world.

Life's greatest treasure is knowing the love and grace of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the source of our life's nourishment.

The Lord watches over you
The Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm, He will watch over your life;
The Lord will watch over your coming in and
your going out both now and forevermore.

Use what God has given to you...no matter how small you may think it is. Someone once said, "little is much when God is in it."

System Maintenance Author Unknown

My computer has a folder of Temporary Files. It's full of data that was once needed, but isn't currently necessary. I don't intentionally create those files; they seem to appear out of thin air, occupying space on my computer. Those who know about computers say that these files need to be deleted now and again, or they will slow down my computer. One rule of thumb says that if the date on those files isn't today's date, they can be safely erased.
I've got a similar folder inside my head. Unfortunately, the contents of this folder aren't as harmless as what's inside the Temporary Files in my computer. This folder contains a complete archive of bad things that have happened in the past, both things that I've done and things that have been done to me. I've got video, audio, and text, a whole multimedia display of negativity. When I least want them to, these things worm their way out of my past into my present.
I remember the times I embarrassed myself.
I remember the times that I hurt other people.
I remember my failures.
I remember my sin.
I remember the times I was mistreated.
I remember the ways that people hurt me, the things they said, the things they did.
I remember those times that other people let me down.
I remember .
None of that does me any good. Those things from the past only serve to slow things down, to spoil today with yesterday's hurts. Like those temporary files on my computer, what I really need to do is get rid of them.
The apostle Paul wrote: "One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14). We have to put our past in the past and set our eyes on what lies ahead. We have a God who is willing to forgive anything and everything that we've done, if we'll only let him. And he'll teach us to do the same with other people.

2 Timothy 2:4-5 “A soldier wants to please the enlisting officer, so no one serving in the army wastes time in with the everyday matters. Also an athlete who takes part in a contest must obey all the rules in order to win.”
“Take courage, for you await the privilege of becoming ‘God’s chosen instruments.’” In the shop of a blacksmith, there are three types of tools. There are tools on the junkpile: outdated, broken, dull, rusty… There are tools on the anvil: melted down, molten hot, moldable, changeable… There are tools of the usefulness: sharpened, primed, defined, mobile. They lie ready in the blacksmith’s toolchest, available to their master, fulfilling their calling… We are all somewhere in the blacksmith’s shop. We are either on the
scrap pile, on the anvil, in the Master’s hands, or in the toolchest. (Some of us have been all three.)… From the shelves to the workbench, from the water to the fire… I’m sure that somewhere you’ll see yourself… The rubbish pile of broken tools, the anvil of recasting, the hands of the Master – it’s a simultaneously joyful and painful voyage. And for you who make the journey – who leave the heap and enter the fire, dare to be pounded on God’s anvil, and doggedly seek to discover your own purpose – take courage, for you await the privilege of being called “God’s chosen instruments.” --On the Anvil by Max Lucado
Everyday we have the choice to make of what tool we will be. Will we allow ourselves to be used by God or will we once again try to dodge His master plan for our lives? We must run the race that God set out for us by being what He wants us to be. He will never let us sit in the junkpile without tugging on our hearts. Pay attention to what He is doing and do what you know is right. Is your walk obscure by day-to-day annoyances? Remember the priority of your relationship with the Lord and get back on track through prayer, Bible study, and worship.
Prayer: Praise God for being our Author and our Creator. Confess to Him the times when you have tried to dodge His plan for our lives. Thank Him for being sovereign in your life.
Ask Him to make you into the tool you should be to fit into His master plan. --The Voice

Growing in Love
I waited for the cashier to greet me, but she never did. Determined, I opened the conversation: "Hello." No reply. "How are you today?" I pressed.
Finally, in a subdued voice, she murmured, "Quite broken, actually." Her words surprised and silenced me. I had judged her to be unfriendly, not brokenhearted. Astonished, I could think of nothing to say. Not one encouraging word came to mind.
That night, I confessed my dismay to God: "Dear Lord, please forgive me. You placed in my path someone who needed a kind word, and I had nothing to say. I wish I could relive the day and do better."
How often we find ourselves in this situation! We could have helped, but we remained silent or did not act. Fortunately, God forgives us and offers us new opportunities to express love. The next time I face someone in need, I want to at least offer to pray. Regrets about yesterday can spur us to address today's challenges. As we strive to improve, we grow in our ability to express God's love. By this we serve the Lord well. --Deanna Himelick

Little White Suitcase by Sally I. Kennedy
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25
Many years ago our first grader, little white suitcase in hand, was ready to leave in search of a better place. She had been invited to go to her room to think over some behavior, and apparently thought it the perfect time to pack up and get out of Dodge. I watched from the window as she doggedly made her way to the end of the sidewalk. At the street corner she sat down on the little suitcase, pondering her next move.
Have you ever had a day where you are just ready to throw in the towel and say, "Enough's enough!"? A redundant question, as we all have had, or will have. It's just part of life. We never know what kind of curve we might be thrown, as much as we plan things out. Some days you feel like packing up, cashing it all in and running away to a south seas island.
A geographic change doesn't work, though. And as often as we've heard the saying, 'When you get lemons, make lemonade', that doesn't always do the trick either.
I walked outside and walked back home with my daughter; the moment had passed and everything was fine.
God has a great message for us in how to handle times like that. The message is He wants to handle it for you. All you have to do is come to Him. In Matthew 11, Jesus says, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened...and you will find rest, relief, ease, refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet for your souls." Because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, we know His Word is true and He makes good on His promises.
The next time you think of packing up and running away, remember there's somewhere to go and Someone to go to first.
That's good news.
The Lord is my shepherd ..he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. Psalm 23:1-3

My Child…
You may not know me, but I know everything about you …Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up …Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways …Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered …Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image …Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being …Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring …Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived …Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation …Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book …Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live …Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made …Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb …Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born …Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me …John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love …1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you …1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your Father …1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could …Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father …Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand …James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs …Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope …Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love …Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore ...Psalms 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing …Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you …Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession …Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul …Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things …Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me …Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart …Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires …Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine …Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager …2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles …2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are broken-hearted, I am close to you …Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart …Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes …Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth …Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus …John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed …John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being …Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you …Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins …2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled …2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you …1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love …Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me …1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again …Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen …Luke 15:7
I have always been Father, and will always be Father …Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is…Will you be my child? …John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you …Luke 15:11-32
Love, Your Father. Almighty God

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I want you to be aware that you will encounter situations that require extraordinary patience to get through. You can't force anything, but you can trust Me to give you wisdom as perfect order is being established. Open your mind and heart to learn things that you would otherwise not have opportunity to understand. Never doubt that I am with you and that I am directing your steps, says the Lord. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

I know the difficulties that you've encountered and the brokenness that followed, and I want you to stand on the solid foundation of My word by faith. Nothing is impossible for Me. I will heal what was broken and bring complete restoration. I will settle and establish you in a place of peace and safety. I will bring you up out of affliction and set you on high, says the Lord.
Psalms 91:14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

I am releasing you to evolve in many ways, says the Lord. Much of what you have done in the past will undergo an evolution in creativity as you begin to change and develop new ideas, new ways of doing things, and better ways of dealing with problems. I will give you revelation and wisdom in taking this next step, so there is no need to be afraid. Just trust Me to lead you to a more complete understanding of how to make the most of your physical, mental and emotional resources. Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Maintain stability in the process of change or turmoil by reiterating the truth of My word. Keep your thoughts clear of unnecessary chatter, and establish yourself in tranquility. Be steady and stay strong spiritually so that you can face and overcome every challenge that presents itself. I am with you in every situation to lead you in the path of peace and safety, says the Lord. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

I am extricating you from things that have kept you bound and have kept you from personal intimate relationship with Me, says the Lord. Be sensitive to things that draw your attention away to fleshly endeavors and away from seeking My face. Position yourself by prioritizing your time and energy in ways that will bring glory to My kingdom. I will give you the strength and direction to make the necessary changes that will lead to purity and righteousness. Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

The decisions that you make at this time will produce extraordinary and lasting results. Take the time to ask for wisdom as you consider the choices you make in this season. Be sure that whatever you decide comes from a heart of integrity and sincerity. Be honest about your motives, and keep your conscience clear at all times, says the Lord. Take full advantage of the opportunities to be built up and not torn down. Jeremiah 42:10 If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up. For I relent concerning the disaster that I have brought upon you.

Beloved, give careful thought in how to proceed in the issues that require your attention. This is a time when you need a clear and unclouded perspective so that you can operate from an overall view rather than focusing on details only. Let My wisdom be the greatest contributor in the choices you make, and trust Me for guidance and direction, says the Lord. I am with you at all times. Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
If you have heard My word and believed it, it is yours. Do not allow the enemy to steal the seed of it in any way; not because of conflict or because of negative circumstance. Refuse to give him a position, and remain steadfast. My seed will indeed come up and bear fruit. It will become the full plant, from the seed to the stalk to the head. And, I will help you, lead and guide you. I will establish the word to such extent that there will be no unbelief. Receive this in My name, says the Lord God. Be restored to a position of fullness. It is your kingdom right.

Lord Guide Me Author Unknown
Help me, Lord, that I should know
The way you would have me to go.
Lead me on life's stormy sea
Through all the trials that be.
Give me strength that I may not fail
When I am weak and my ship has no sail.
Guide me through the stormy blast.
Give me courage while life shall last.
Lord, my life belongs to thee.
Give me faith to stand for thee.
Lead me when trails are rough and steep
And through waters that are turbid and deep.
Lord, always stay near my side
When trouble comes be thou my guide.
Lord, I know your ways are true
In things you speak and deeds you do.
Keep me, Lord, while life does last.
Let my feet not stray from your path.
Give me a light to lead me home
That in this world of darkness I may cease to roam.
Thank you, Lord, for the guidance given
And the narrow road that leads to Heaven.

Piercing the Silence
When at last morning breaks the silent boundaries of blackness
there is yet a deeper silence in the
gray space between the dark and light.
There, I linger for the moment clinging
to the moment knowing this is the time
GOD reaches out to touch and bless me,
making promises to forever care for me.
And I am comforted and secure.
Friday's Child 2004

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27-28

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. Mark 13:13

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:38-40

I command you -- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Reflect the Light by Keith Wagner
In an article entitled "Reflect the Light," Roble Nebres tells about the time he drove to the summit of Mt. Haleakala. After watching the sunset it became dark and he became anxious about the descent down the steep, winding road. When he left the parking lot the median strips on the road suddenly came alive with reflectorized lights. They provided a much needed directional guide on the mountain road.
The reflectors illuminated the way for Nebres, who made his descent safely down the treacherous mountain road. The reflectors, however, were useless without his headlights shining on them. The light they gave depended on the light from another source. Otherwise they could not help him see.
When Jesus told his disciples they were the "light of the world," he meant they were to be reflectors of the light of God. God is the illuminating source. God provides the light that is reflected from us. And God needs us to be reflectors of God's light to a world of darkness.

Thank you, God, for speaking softly through smiles of love. Help us always to feel your presence in others and receive the comfort you offer through their love. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 8
Solomon’s Additional Achievements
1 It came to pass at the end of twenty years, when Solomon had built the house of the Lord and his own house, 2 that the cities which Hiram had given to Solomon, Solomon built them; and he settled the children of Israel there. 3 And Solomon went to Hamath Zobah and seized it. 4 He also built Tadmor in the wilderness, and all the storage cities which he built in Hamath. 5 He built Upper Beth Horon and Lower Beth Horon, fortified cities with walls, gates, and bars, 6 also Baalath and all the storage cities that Solomon had, and all the chariot cities and the cities of the cavalry, and all that Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion. 7 All the people who were left of the Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, who were not of Israel— 8 that is, their descendants who were left in the land after them, whom the children of Israel did not destroy—from these Solomon raised forced labor, as it is to this day. 9 But Solomon did not make the children of Israel servants for his work. Some were men of war, captains of his officers, captains of his chariots, and his cavalry. 10 And others were chiefs of the officials of King Solomon: two hundred and fifty, who ruled over the people. 11 Now Solomon brought the daughter of Pharaoh up from the City of David to the house he had built for her, for he said, “My wife shall not dwell in the house of David king of Israel, because the places to which the ark of the Lord has come are holy.” 12 Then Solomon offered burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of the Lord which he had built before the vestibule, 13 according to the daily rate, offering according to the commandment of Moses, for the Sabbaths, the New Moons, and the three appointed yearly feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks, and the Feast of Tabernacles. 14 And, according to the order of David his father, he appointed the divisions of the priests for their service, the Levites for their duties (to praise and serve before the priests) as the duty of each day required, and the gatekeepers by their divisions at each gate; for so David the man of God had commanded. 15 They did not depart from the command of the king to the priests and Levites concerning any matter or concerning the treasuries. 16 Now all the work of Solomon was well-ordered from the day of the foundation of the house of the Lord until it was finished. So the house of the Lord was completed. 17 Then Solomon went to Ezion Geber and Elath on the seacoast, in the land of Edom. 18 And Hiram sent him ships by the hand of his servants, and servants who knew the sea. They went with the servants of Solomon to Ophir, and acquired four hundred and fifty talents of gold from there, and brought it to King Solomon.

Thank you, dear God, for forgiving us when we let you down. Use us in your kingdom so that we may find our true lives, even as we help you bring life to others. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply