Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week, Words that being with "A"

A is for Apple. Think healthy. As they say, "An apple a day will keep the doctor away. You do deserve a treat today. Apply the program at home, to yourself and to others.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Ask. If you don't know, don't be afraid to ask. There is no such think as a 'stupid' question. How can you know what you have never been taught? How can you know how someone else is feeling as much as you would like to think you do.

New International Version
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Apply. Take the words off the pages of the literature and off the computer screen and apply them to your life. It is one thing to have them running around in your head, but they don't do us much good if they have any direction so we can take action on them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Aware. Be aware of God Creation and Creatures, and the Love He put into Them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Action. You can't just think your way into this program, you have to take action. You just can't think of going to a meeting or think about doing the Steps, you have to follow thought with action. You can't just think about calling your sponsor, you have to pick up the phone.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Awareness. I need to be aware of something before I can change it. I know that I didn't have a clue as to how sick until there was no one left to point a finger at, and there was just me and I had to look at myself and become honest.

Awareness doesn't change things, but it can be the first step if I am willing to follow it up with Admittance, Acceptance, Action and Attitude.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A is for Alcoholic. I am an alcoholic when I say I am one.

Quote:
An online acquainted said to me, "I saw your photo on one of your sites and didn't think you looked like an alcoholic! I figured it was your husband or family who had the problem."

What does an alcoholic look like? It appears like the old stigma is still very much in play in so many areas. We need anonymity, yet are we so anonymous no one know we are here and that there is help, and that we can recover from that hopeless state of mind and body.

People just don't understand. I have people say, "Well I won't let you drink when you are with me." They don't know that they are as powerless over this disease as I am if I don't connect to my HP on a daily basis. When I surrender, I am empowered to do what I need to do what I need to do to stay clean and sober in today.

From “Stars Don’t Fall”:

"Above all, he noticed that I drank a good deal...I saw him recently and he told me that he had always felt guilty [about leaving me], because, after our separation, I had become a serious alcoholic. With ten years of AA behind me, I was able to tell him that I’d have been an alcoholic, no matter what; that I had been a sick person, unfit for marriage.”

Alcoholics Anonymous, page 403

Found this post on my site Soundness of Mind. Again, hindsight is a great teacher. I thought my husbands were my problem, when in fact the problem was me.

I had to get honest. That first taste of alcohol when it hit bottom, was a feeling and thought I never forgot. It always seemed to be the solution. I sometimes found it again but couldn't stop there, I always had to have more. That was at 10 years old. The more and more came about 20 years later. When I wanted to stop, I couldn't.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply