Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2014, 02:23 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default FOOD FOR THOUGHT- OA/AUGUST 2014

Quote:
Friday, August 1, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Promptings

If we are listening, we will hear promptings from the inner voice. Often they are suggestions for small acts of kindness and love. Sometimes they are urgings to do a difficult deed in order to correct a wrong or to apologize for a mistake. Whatever the prompting, we are free to ignore it or act on it.

Often, ignoring the prompting would appear to be the easiest course. Why should we go out of our way to help someone else, particularly if that person is a stranger? Apologies are frequently embarrassing and deflate our pride. Reaching out to someone with love makes us vulnerable to rejection, and we fear exposure.

In the long run, to ignore the promptings of our inner voice is to commit spiritual suicide. These promptings are intended for our growth, and if we do not grow in love, we will atrophy and decay. Through the Twelve Steps, our Higher Power leads us to do many things, which we would prefer to avoid, but which ensure our recovery.

I pray for willingness to follow the promptings of the inner voice.
Prompting is a polite word. How about getting our attention? Letting what goes around comes around and bites you in the a$$ until you learn.

The Inner Voice is there, I discounted it for years. I didn't know it was Good Orderly Direction. I was sure it was the devil, or the fearful God who was going to strike me dead for all the things I did that were called sin.

I knew that Jesus loved me, was told that as soon as I could hear and speak. I just didn't think that God believed in me, and according to the old tapes from the church and family, I was doomed to a living hell. Life became hell, I reached out and found a loving and forgiving God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply