Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - March 11

When we become united by the prayers of our friends, we establish a strong and powerful supporting bond that brings us encouragement and enables us to bear even the heaviest burdens.

God may seem when we are going through difficult times, as if we are alone. But we aren’t. God is with us, and we can call to the Lord even if we don’t feel God’s presence. God is faithful. God never leaves us.

For any worry we have, we can pray about each concern and ask God to show us the way through. Then, we can let go of the problem and rest, knowing that God will lead us to a solution.

Jesus Christ came to save the world and to set an example of sacrificial love for us to follow. We should strive to set a similar example for those around us. When younger generations receive Christlike spiritual and moral messages from the adults who influence their lives, they can receive good traits, a strong foundation, and a legacy that will continue for many generations.

Someone else has also gone before us to clear the way, our Lord Jesus Christ. From time to time, “blizzards” of all types come into our lives. They can cause us to feel just as trapped. Yet, when we turn to Christ and allow him to lead the way, we can emerge from our trials into the sunlight of a better day. Today and every day I will trust Jesus Christ to guide my steps.

When we come to Jesus and ask to change, to be made well, we can lay down our excuses. And then we can begin to walk side by side with Jesus in a life more abundant than we could ever imagine.

Certainly we should be responsible and concerned about issues that affect us. But when we are consumed by worry, we can commit these concerns in faith and prayer to the Lord and then listen for God’s answer in our Bible readings, in our daily devotions, and in meeting in worship and fellowship with Christian friends. When we are worried, we can remember these practices and trust in God’s promises. Today I will bring my worries to God in prayer.

Spend some time reflecting on the past week; thank God for the ways (subtle or obvious) in which he has responded to your faith and blessed you.

The Sound Of Silence by Richard Frith
Psalm 46:10a – Be still, and know that I am God. (KJV)
This beautiful verse was written in calligraphy and appeared in a frame on the wall of an old Anglican church in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. For several years, I played the organ for Sunday evening services at that church. It was a small group, and an attitude of peace prevailed, except when the vibrations from the organ pipes disturbed one of the bats that made the church its home. The service made room for silent prayer, and I always left feeling closer to God than when I had arrived.
How hard it is to be still these days! We try to schedule every waking moment, and when we get a break, we use it to check our emails. But silence and stillness are important. The following passage tells how the Lord spoke to the prophet Elijah.
1 Kings 19:11b-12 – And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. (KJV)
It was with this still, small voice that the Lord spoke to Elijah and speaks to us today. So let's take time every day to turn off our electronic devices and our television sets and spend time listening for the voice of the Lord. Let us pray as did John Greenleaf Whittier in his beautiful hymn:
Breathe through the heats of our desire
Thy coolness and Thy balm;
Let sense be dumb, let flesh retire;
Speak through the earthquake, wind and fire,
O still small voice of calm.
Prayer: Dear Lord and Father of us all, thank You for gifts of silence, stillness, and peace. Speak to us when we come before You, and help us to draw ever closer to You. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

The Freezer Test: Watching Our Words By Lori Jacobs
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking (Proverbs 15:28).
I committed this verse (Proverbs 15:28) to memory as I began the new year. Think carefully. Then speak. It seems quite simple and straightforward, but James tells us: “blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth” (James 3:10, NLT). The struggle is real, dear ones.
A friend told me several years ago of a disciplined plan she and her husband made to get out of debt. One of the ways they curbed spending habits was to place their credit card in a glass of water in the freezer. This practice of freezing their card in an ice cube guaranteed a waiting period before buying an item they did not have money in hand to purchase. I remember thinking it was rather extreme, but admired their determination. An intentional plan placed them on a path to responsible spending.
Perhaps an intentional plan should be put in place in the area of our speech.
I can think of a few situations in my life in which I wish my tongue had been home in the freezer, but realistically, the freezer plan does not seem to be an option here. Speaking words of kindness, encouragement, and blessing requires determination. The choice to stay quiet when harmful words come to mind, fighting to escape, requires discipline. What would happen if I were as diligent in my efforts to refrain from speaking as my friend was in her efforts to refrain from spending?
I love this prayer a friend articulated before she spoke at a conference I attended a few years ago: “God, filter my mouth because I never know what is going to come out of it.” Can you relate? God hears and answers our honest and straightforward prayers.
Lord, let our words give life and grace to those who hear.

Today I Will Make a Difference by Max Lucado
Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful.Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark.
Today I will make a difference. I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will live each minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving.
Today I will make a difference. I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble... I will get up. It's OK to fail...I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family. A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.
Today I will make a difference.
Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failure. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on.
"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

Protect Yourself: Put on the Armor of God by Chrys Howard and Korie Robertson
But the Lord is faithful. He will give you strength and protect you from the Evil One. — 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Korie loves to snow ski. She has skied every year since she was five years old. On her first ski trip, she went with her grandpa and grandma, and no one warned them about the sun in the high mountains. The sun was very bright, and Korie didn’t wear any sunscreen. Her cheeks got so burned they were one big blister! Grandpa and Grandma and Korie all learned the value of protection.
There are other ways we protect ourselves. Can you think of some of them? We wear seatbelts in our cars and helmets when we ride bikes. We wear life jackets when we swim in the lake and sunscreen when we go to the beach. Yes, all of these are ways to protect us from something bad happening to us, like Korie’s sunburn.
But our real protection, our greatest protection, comes from God, our heavenly Father.
The verse for today tells us that God is faithful in His protection against the Evil One. Satan is the Evil One, and you don’t have to apply any lotion or cream to protect yourself against him; you just have to put on God.
Commander in Action
We all know ways to be safe. Being safe against Satan means to put on God. Read Ephesians 6:10–17, and write down the armor God provides for your protection. It will be more powerful than a huge bottle of sunscreen!
Dear God, thank You for Your armor of protection! Help me when I face trials and temptations by guarding me against the evil one. In Jesus’ name, Amen
Your Turn: How often do you meditate on and discuss the armor of God with your family? Today is a great day to have a talk about the importance of protecting ourselves against the enemy

Playing The Organ In Church by Iris Ford
Looking back on my childhood in Bermuda, I have some lovely memories of playing the organ in church. We lived next door to the church building. One day, the church doors were all locked, so I climbed in the window and made my way up to the pipe organ to play it. I don't think that I was even ten at the time, but I knew how to turn on the organ and how to play it. Playing the organ in church still remains a God-blessed event for me, even as I age and arthritis makes it difficult. It is all in God's timing.
The Lord continues to amaze me with His timing. A few weeks ago, I turned on the organ here where I now worship, as I needed to practice, and it didn't make a sound! I shouldn't have worried, as God is still involved with everything, even with our organ. I was supposed to play it that Sunday, but the organ just quit — no more sound. That very morning, I was leading a Bible discussion group, when a miracle happened. The former choir leader was also in the group, and when she heard about the organ quitting, she donated her organ, which was a similar make, to the church.
As I played her organ in church the next Sunday, I worshipped in total thanksgiving. God's timing always looks amazing to us.
As we pray and commit our days to God, His grace is amazing and absolutely wonderful as it unfolds all around us. It makes me feel very humble, kneeling in awe.
Romans 8:28 – And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (ESV)
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your gifts that surround us with Your grace. We are so grateful! In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

I Love You Child Author Unknown
I would like to share with you a memorable story that I was once told which demonstrates God's unfailing love for His children.
There was a little girl, very young, who was on a flight back to her home where her father was to meet her. I forget why she had gone away. The stewards were giving out free sweets to all the young children and the girl, for the whole flight home, ate sweet after sweet after sweet.
When they had almost got home the girl was sick all over her seat and her dress. The stewardess who had given her all the sweets was so disgusted she refused to clean up the mess.
As the plane landed the father was waiting patiently for his little princess who he hadn't seen for such a long time. He had just come from work and was wearing his newest, smartest suit. A suit he loved so much to wear.
As the plane door opened the little girl, wanting her daddy, ran out in the terminal. Excited at the sight of her daddy she runs straight for him. The father immediately notices the horrible mess that covers his daughter's dress as she runs straight for him but as she reaches him he snatches her up in his arms and hugs her tightly to his chest, ruining the clothes he wore. He loved his new suit. But the love he had for his daughter was unbeatable, and even though she was a mess, and would ruin his suit, he cared much more about her and just wanted to hold her in his arms.
Jesus Christ, too, wants that relationship with us. Our lives are in a mess. But He does not care. He loves us - every single one of us. And, He waits with open arms for us to run to Him and embrace Him, where He will clean us up and never turn us away. Run into His arms today and, if you are already there, help others reach this wonderful goal!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Refuse to allow worry to overtake you in your current situation. Instead, put your trust completely in Me to do what you cannot accomplish on your own. There are things that are beyond your control that require divine intervention. Let Me bring light into darkness to reveal all that you need to understand, says the Lord. Matthew 6:27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"

I will give you the wisdom and ability to press through current restrictions into a time of acceleration. You will only be able to do this through righteousness and purity of heart. If you will position yourself in the flow of My Spirit, you will be able to accomplish much more with less effort, says the Lord. Take the next step of elevation. 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

When your forward momentum seems to have stalled, be still. Flailing around will only set you back. There is no need to worry that you have lost ground. This is just a "selah" moment to pause and reflect. You must allow what you have learned to become part of who you are before you push forward again, says the Lord. Psalms 32:7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

Frustration is your enemy. You cannot accomplish what you wish when you allow your emotions to take over in any situation. Quiet your soul, and let Me bring the wisdom you need to do all that is necessary. Listen for My instructions, says the Lord. Proverbs 17:27 He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.

I heard in the Spirit the sound of a trumpet blowing. And, the Lord said, "A call is going forth to awaken those who have been asleep spiritually. Only those who have an ear to hear will heed the call, and not everyone will understand the call. It is an awakening to new life and renewal that will bring restoration. Those who hear will begin a journey in the Spirit. It will be hard to let go of the past in some cases, but a desire for more of Me will be strong motivation to move on." Exodus 40:36-38 Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up. For the cloud of the LORD was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

Regardless of the chaos and bluster in the world, I would have you walk in perfect peace as you stay present with Me. This is a new day, and you can make it a good day if you will walk in faith and embrace My power to accomplish all that I have set before you at this time, says the Lord. Stay focused on spiritual reality and give no place for the works of darkness. Psalm 91:5-6 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Some reorganization is required for you to live at optimum health and benefit. I will show you what you can do to eliminate things that waste your time, your resources, and your energy. But, you must be willing to put forth the effort to make the changes that will be beneficial in the long run, says the Lord. Your well-being is important to Me. 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Take inventory. There are things that have gone undone in your life and circumstances, and you will need to make adjustments at this time. Doing what requires your attention will clear the path ahead for you to make progress. Whatever you refuse to take care of now will create distractions that will keep you from vital spiritual focus in the days ahead, says the Lord. Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You are standing in a pivotal position by which you can turn and have things change in your life. Turn! Just turn and let My word bring you into spiritual reality. Allow revelation and wisdom to become active in your life, and your faith will advance so that you will receive everything that I desire for you to have in this season, says the Lord.

Let faith arise in your soul. Let it rise to new heights. Now you examine it; examine the faith with which you are fighting the good fight. Examine the faith that allows you to prevail. And, as you examine it in these days, you will come to a greater position of faith. For, the faith that I have given you indeed was a measure, but you have nurtured it, you have examined it, you have carried it, you have walked with it, you have used it, and it now becomes your weapon. It becomes a weapon that causes you to prevail in times that are hard. It causes you to come forth with a shout of victory rather than with the wailing of the unvictorious. Come forth, not as a victim, but as a victor. Walk in the land that I have provided for you. Walk in the faith that I have given you and cause it to grow exceedingly in these days. It is a time in which the seeds of faith that are planted in your heart and are nurtured by the anointing will come and produce a harvest in your life, says the Lord God Most High.

"Through waves and clouds and storms
His power will clear your way;
Wait for his time; the darkest night
Shall end in brightest day." - Paul Gerhardt

Last week I threw out WORRYING,
It was getting old and in the way.
It kept me from being me,
I couldn't do things my way.
I threw out those inhibitions,
They were just crowding me out.
Made room for my New Growth,
Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.
I threw out a book on MY PAST
(didn't have time to read it anyway).
Replaced it with New Goals,
Started reading it today.
I threw out childhood toys
(remember how I treasured them so)?
Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too,
Threw out the one from long ago.
Brought in some new books too,
Called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.
Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
WOW, You should've seen the dust.
I ran across an OLD FRIEND,
Haven't seen him in a while.
I believe his name is GOD,
Yes, I really like His style.
He helped me to do some cleaning
And added some thing's Himself.
Like PRAYER, HOPE and FAITH,
Yes I placed them right on the shelf.
I picked up this special thing
And placed it at the front door.
I FOUND IT - its called PEACE.
Nothing gets me down anymore.
Yes, I've got my house looking nice.
Looks good around the place.
For things like Worry and Trouble
There just isn't any place.
It’s good to do a little house cleaning,
Get rid of the old things on the shelf.
It sure makes things brighter,
Maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.
-- Author Unknown

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves. 14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:5-24

The psalmist wrote, “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. - Psalm 43:5 (NIV)

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28

Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. - 1 Peter 2:21

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Use Your Shield of Faith by Sarah Young, from Jesus Calling Deluxe Edition
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song. — Isaiah 12:2
Bring me all your feelings, even the ones you wish you didn’t have. Fear and anxiety still plague you. Feelings per se are not sinful, but they can be temptations to sin. Blazing missiles of fear fly at you day and night; these attacks from the evil one come at you relentlessly. Use your shield of faith to extinguish those flaming arrows. Affirm your trust in Me, regardless of how you feel. If you persist, your feelings will eventually fall in line with your faith.
Do not hide from your fear or pretend it isn’t there. Anxiety that you hide in the recesses of your heart will give birth to fear of fear: a monstrous mutation. Bring your anxieties out into the Light of My Presence, where we can deal with them together. Concentrate on trusting Me, and fearfulness will gradually lose its foothold within you.
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. —Ephesians 6:16
This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin. —1 John 1:5–7
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. —Isaiah 12:2
Your Turn: The Lord gave us the Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) for a reason — so we would use it! Instead of being crippled in fear, we can raise our shield of faith and fend off the enemy’s attacks against us. What are you afraid of today? God longs to be your strength and your song.

My Soul Waits
For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my
salvation, my fortress;
I shall never be shaken.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 5
1 Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. 2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. 3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. 4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. 7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. 8 Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. 9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. 10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee. 11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Thank You, Lord, for Your presence and guidance today. We trust You with all our comings and goings. Help us to reach out to help people who are suffering, alone, and desperate. May we share Your love with them. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply