Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Where are they now?

Thought I had already posted this, probably hidden away in one of my other posts.

Luv...Jo

Quote:
Who are the forgotten children of AA?

- Those that came and went back out never to return?

- Those that came a long time ago and stayed and have forgotten where they came from?

- Those still in denial, but not wanting to go back to where they came from?

- Those that have a problem grasping for the knowledge of a Higher Power?

- Those who compare instead of identifying the feelings behind the acitons?

Please keep coming, don't leave until the miracle happens. The power is in the rooms. If you stay, it will raise you above anything you have ever experienced before. If you go back out, it will take you lower than you ever dreamed possible.
Lest I forget!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

In the last few days, I have heard of the passing of AA members who went back out and didn't make it back and another, who was very much active in service who died sober.
tWe do have a choice.

For me it is a daily thing. Each day I try to remember to say, "Just for today, I choose not to drink or drug.

The spiritual aspect of recovery, gives me that moment, that pause to say yes or no.

Just because we have a thought doesn't mean we have to act out on it. It was something I did wrong all of my life.

I am so grateful for those Higher Power moments. I have a direct line, so hope you get one for you. My God is on call and their for all occasions.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Some of them are still around, met up with a member who use to be a member of my group, which closed.

I was told to be aware of your actions and check out your thinking between the years of 5 and 10 years of sobriety. People tend to think they know it all, think they no longer need those people, forgetting that they are one of those people. It is a one day at a time program. I need the program in today, just as much as I did in early recovery. It isn't about my pain, quite often my pain is because I am not working my program.

It is nice to come to the site and share with others or read what others share, but you can't beat a face to face meeting or a hug. Just sitting in a chair, even if you don`t feel like sharing, carries a message that you care. Others can see you, and if you have several 24 hours put together, you give the newcomer hope.

I made my chiropractor's appointment for next week so that I can go to my Al-Anon meeting. If it is raining, I won't get to either. If I can't get out in today, I must always remember to go to my God and make a connection, not just me talking and dumping my woes, but taking time to listen to what He/She has to say to me.

Have you forgotten where you came from? Have you heard the expression, `Give back what was so freely given to you` and if you don`t give back, you will lose your sobriety. You don`t get to keep it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply