Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Majesty. A little tale as to how I got my name. Many years ago, I worked for Mr. Surplus. I use to get a lot of migraines, and the bosses son told me one day, "The only thing wrong with you is that you take too many pills." Needless to I had a major resentment. I was working late on payroll, his dad was away so I was using the bosses offices so I could work in dim light. The younger brother came into the office to deliver something, and I said, "Would you please ask your brother to turn down the music in the warehouse." A few minutes later I heard, "Tell her Majesty that I will do it when I finish this." I use to be in charge of the warehouse and staff before his dad sent him there from the stores. I didn't take him telling me what to do well. His dad had us make up key chains like they have in the army. My thought was, too bad I didn't think about that and I could have written in "Majesty Jo" under rank.

Looking back, I can see the addict and the self-centered person. The nature of our dis-ease. It didn't help my ego, when two of the workers and the girls in repair, said that they wished I was still in charge. They had problems doing things his way and the kids in the warehouse, came to me for a solution.

The sad thing is, that my boss kept bouncing my cheque, and when it happened the third time, and I had to change my bank three times, I decided to leave. He would hand me cash and think it was no big deal. He came and asked me to go back to work, because the girl I trained, left to join her husband, and he was left high and dry. I wouldn't have gone back, except for the fact that his wife asked too. I went back with the promise that he wouldn't bounce my paycheck again. I think it was three months, and I walked. As they say, "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results."

I designed new letterhead, changed his files so you could find what you were looking for, remade over his accounts payable and receivables, and although he called me the office manager, I was more like a Girl Friday. He had two stores when I first went to work for him. He had five when I left, and within two years, he was bankrupt. I went to make an amend to him, I was on the bus and I reached up to pull the cord to get off. I looked out the window at his store, and there was a big banner displayed "Closed due to bankruptcy."

The ironic thing was we click as soon as we met. He and his wife invited me to their place one year for Christmas, they had a tree and they were Jewish.

When I went to work for him, he said "Be prepared to work with three hats." He had three companies, and you had to change hats many times a day. I had problems with what I saw as dishonest, having to say to a customer, he is in London, England when he was standing beside me giving me direction. I had a problem with living the lie. The guilt was there, I tried to do the work of three people when I went back to work for him, before I had two girls in the office working with me. I ended up popping pills to cope. I realized that I was having problem typing, a lot of mistakes (thank God for correction tape), and I wasn't giving him the type of work that I use to be able to do.

When I quit and tried for a job, I couldn't believe it my typing was 45 wpm. When I went back to school in 2001-2002 in sobriety, I did 70 wpm at the age of 60.

Majesty is a good reminder to not get too big for my britches, that I need to be mindful of the thinking part of my disease, and it reminds me that my God is majesty over all.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply