Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2023, 06:06 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 15

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

Always remember: God will never leave you nor forsake you.

Lean on two truths: God is the One blessing you, and God will always journey with you.

When tempted to lose patience with others, remember Gods patience with you. --Daily Bread

How quickly our lives can deteriorate (spiritually, mentally, and socially) when we fail to stay in touch with God.

When we put our cares into God's hands, He puts His peace into our hearts. God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say 'Thank You'? --William A. Ward

God wants to hear each of our voices every day.

Ask for God's available grace for whatever challenge you face.

God watches over us like a loving parent.

"Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on wheels. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it." Jeremiah 18:3-4
Work of the Potter
It is an amazing sight to watch a potter shape a vessel. His clump of clay will only become successful if it is placed in the very center of the wheel. Then once the clay is centered, the skill of the potter can be realized.
The potter carefully wets his hands, selects his clay, and places it on the wheel. As he begins to turn the wheel, the lumps in the clay are revealed. Spinning the wheel faster, he smoothes out the lumps, and the clay begins to take on an unruffled appearance.
But this is just the first part of the task. He then will shape the mass of clay so that its heart is perfectly aligned with the very center of the wheel. This requires both strength and a loving, delicate touch. This "centering" is the most important step in the preparation process, because it gives the piece strength and integrity.
Our spiritual walk with God is just like this. We begin as a hunk of clay with many lumps, and through God's grace and skill, we are transformed into beautiful, strong vessels for His Kingdom.
But we must align our very heart with the center of God's will. God is always at work in our lives, especially during times of proper preparation. When you allow God to shape you, He will always use you for good. --Jimmy's Safe Harbor

Prevent The Sparks
Every year, sparks from hot campfires or careless matches start fires which consume millions of trees in beautiful forests. Once begun, these fires move unrelentingly through hills and valleys - nothing is safe from the fury of the flames.
Every year, sparks from hot tempers or careless words start fires which consume millions of lives in beautiful relationships. Once begun, these fires move unrelentingly through self-esteem and trust - nothing is safe from the fury of the tongue.
James 3:5-6 "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body."
Our tongue has incredible power to build up and encourage, as well as tear down and destroy. When we place our trust in Jesus, our sins are eternally forgiven. But the day will come when our careless words are revealed and we see the full extent of the damage we've done; "men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken" (Matthew 12:36).
In what must be one last sorrow-filled moment before we enter our eternal glory, we all come face to face with our sin; "we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:10). Perhaps the purpose of this moment is to permanently etch in our soul a full appreciation for His love. Even with all my careless words, He loves me and wants to spend eternity with me in fellowship. Amazing!
David prayed that God would "set a guard over my mouth and keep watch over the door of my lips" (Psalms 141:3). While this is a wise prayer, our lips must be seen as an absolute last line of defense - once our words escape they can almost never be fully recovered. We must strive to control the sparks at the true source; "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34).
If our heart is filled with the ways of the world, our mouth will naturally speak the world's wisdom which is "foolishness in God's sight" (1 Corinthians 3:19). Rather, we must fill our heart with the ways of God and allow our mouth to overflow with His love; "I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You" (Psalms 119:11).
Have we been the cause of some raging fires or smoldering embers? If so, we must pray for healing and believe that "with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). We must fill our heart with the power of His Word and "not let any unwholesome talk come out of our mouths" (Ephesians 4:29). Let's stop the destructive fires. Let's begin today to fill our heart with His Word and prevent the sparks. Have a Christ Centered Day! --Steve Troxel

WHAT IS YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF LIFE?
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
Very seldom do we stop long enough in our “fast forward” pace, to ask ourselves the simple yet penetrating question … “What in the world am I living for? Such an introspective accounting jars our perspective of life! Life is uncertain … brief … we have no promise of tomorrow. This song rings so true … “We have this moment to hold in our hand, and it sifts through our fingers like sand. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come, we have this moment today.”
We seek first … “these things”… and then hope for the kingdom of heaven. When Jesus Christ is the “Priority” of our life … when HE is Lord and Sovereign … then, we will turn from the shallow superficial allurements of the world that rob us of His Presence and Power. When HE is our Authority, our “perspective of life” will be subject to, and in line with, His Will, Plan, and Purpose for our life … a perspective with Eternal values in view.
I was very impressed with an email that someone sent to me, that brings out so forcibly what we’re thinking about in these few words. See if it speaks to your heart as it did mine.
One day, a Father of a very wealthy family took his son to the country, with the firm purpose of showing him how “poor people” live. They spent a couple of days on a farm far from their home, with a family of what would be considered very poor. Returning from their trip, the Father called his son into his study and asked, “Well, what did you think of our trip?”
“It was great, Dad.”
“Did you get a good idea how “poor people” live,” he asked.
After a few brief moments the son answered: “I saw that we have one dog, and they have four. We have a swimming pool that reaches to the middle of our garden; they have a mountain stream that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our formal garden; they have the countless stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard; they have the whole horizon of rolling hills. We have a small piece of land to live on; they have meadows and fields that go beyond their sight. We have servants to serve us; but they find great joy in serving others. We buy our food at the supermarket; but they grow there’s in abundance. We have walls around our property to protect us; they have loving friends to protect them. We trust in the amount of money we have in the bank; they entrust their lives to Almighty God!” The Father was speechless. Then the son added, “Thanks Dad, for showing me how “poor we are.”
Isn’t the “Right Perspective” a life-changing thing! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if “we” lived “in appreciation of, and gave thanks for,” everything we have, instead of striving for what we don’t have, don’t need, and can’t afford.
So often, we let ‘pass by’ the most meaningful and precious things in life! We take so many things for granted, not recognizing that we have been so graciously blessed of God. May we invest our life each day in meaningful pursuits … reaching out to others who need our compassion, care, and love … being an encouragement to those whose hearts are hurting … but even more, letting them know GOD LOVES AND CARES FOR THEM! Let Christ live HIS LIFE in and through you. The choice is yours! --Ed Powell

WHO FEEDS THE COOK?
I attended a workshop recently created for people in fulltime ministry. Many topics were covered that were relevant to this work, and one of the main issues was "self care". Here is a reminder for those who are aware of self care, and a wake up call for those who have never heard about it. We do need to check our selves regularly about our own self care, and our
levels of energy.
Do you know someone who often works on their day off? If so, they are not doing anyone any favors. We can only work our best when we are healthy, rested, focused, and have energy. It can become easy for all of us to just keep pouring out even if not much is getting put back in. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to work out that this won't work very well, someone will end up in a bad way.
If you don't look after yourself who will? You do have a duty to look after yourself, you can not blame anyone else. You know yourself better than most so put things in place to make sure you are being topped up before continuing to pour into others.
Young people, look after yourself... it's impossible to fix your friend's problems if you don't have a handle on your own life. Also, don't bite the hand that feeds you, if you have a "cook" in your life, look after them, and live + eat well.
Proverbs 27 v 18: He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honored. Blessings, Akita

Do Not Lose Heart
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18, NIV)
Comforting words to read. Easy words to speak. Difficult to live. Especially when your heart is heavy, when you feel like your life is wasting away, and troubles are weighing you down and seem to be so much more than momentary.
Those words may describe someone you know. They are struggling to hold on to their hope. Life has worn them out. Problems at work. Bills mounting. Broken relationships. Disappointments. Day after day they face life wondering if it will ever get better.
They come to you for help. They share their story with you. They pour out their heart to you. They are ready to quit. You have the words that can help. You have the words of hope. Share them.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Those words may describe you. You are struggling to hold on to your hope. Life has worn you out. You have problems at work. Your bills are mounting. Broken relationships. Disappointments. Day after day you face life wondering if it will ever get better.
You pray. You talk with your friends and those who you have always turned to for advice. You pour out your heart to God. You are ready to quit. You have the words to help. You have the words of hope. Read them. Trust them. Believe them.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." --Tom

Use Your Words with Care
Adults often tell children “use your words” when trying to resolve an issue. This is sound advice and I would venture to guess that this advice has stopped many arguments from escalating and resulting in physical blows. Words are a far better way to handle disagreements than resorting to physical violence; however words are not without their own set of issues. Verbal violence exists and seems to be increasing every day. There are words being used that are offensive and inappropriate, but they none the less, have made their way into everyday conservation. The other problem with words is that even when appropriate ones are selected, they can be said in a way that is insensitive, hurtful, and disrespectful.
Your words should be spoken with care. Select them cautiously, say them thoughtfully, use them wisely. Select words that encourage. Speak in a way that builds up, builds bridges, and leads to greater understanding. Focus on your language and eliminate words that may cause others to feel discounted or uncomfortable. Be selective and know your “audience”. You may need to be extra careful with those you are closest to. It is easy to speak “your mind” with them and you may say something that is less than kind or may be “off the cuff”. Speak in a way that would be acceptable to Jesus or that you would want him to hear. Whether it be speaking, writing, typing, or texting be mindful of the impact of the words you send out into the world. Once they leave you…. there is no way to ever take them back.
“But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken.” Matthew 12:36 --The Daily Journey

Every day with Christ.
Being on vacation is fun! You get to travel to a different place, bring your camera, see the sights, and have fun. After a time you are able to return home, unpack, download your photos and return to life as usual. You feel recharged and energized after the break from your usual routine. Vacations are great! They are necessary and are a time to create life long memories.
Just like vacationing from everyday routine, some take a break from their walk with Christ. At first it seems like a good idea. After all, if it is okay to take a break from the routines of life and work it should be okay to take one from Christ! Right? Wrong! God does not take a vacation from you and you should never take one from him. He is essential for life. He is life sustaining. You would never take a vacation from something that is life sustaining like air or water, so why would you even consider being without Christ for one moment?
There are some things that are so vital you can not be without them - like Christ. Include Him in your life every day. Take Him with you to work, shopping, in the car, and even on vacation.
“But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:13 --The Daily Journey

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, there have been many hindrances in moving through this current order of things, and you still have things that are pending. But, I tell you that the time of waiting is nearly over. Keep pressing on and pushing through and then there will be a sudden breakthrough when everything will seem to fall into place at once. And, you will know that your efforts have not been in vain, nor have your prayers gone unheard or unanswered, says the Lord.
Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure,’

You are now coming into the early stages of preparation for a new spiritual year, which will be another step up in terms of covenant, revelation and blessing. But, this new plateau will also require a greater level of commitment. The gift of discernment will be vital to the success of every endeavor. Set yourself now to wait patiently for My wisdom and direction before any major exertion of time, energy, or finances. Any undertaking that is motivated by your fleshly desires instead of My Spirit will produce disappointment, says the Lord Most High.
Luke 12:48b For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

I have been reminded the past few days of a word the Lord gave me a long time ago. He said, "You will not go to them, they will come to you." He was speaking of not compromising. He wants us to take a stand. I hear Him even now saying, "Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. Stand strong in your place of righteousness and in your place of authority and let those around you come to that place of strength. Stay put in your place of destiny and do not compromise righteousness for the sake of acceptance."
Ephesians 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Watch for stormy moments that will give you an opportunity to maintain peace. Be aware that you do not have to react emotionally to difficult situations. You can subject your emotions to the authority of the Spirit and respond with wisdom and understanding. These moments of overcoming evil with good will produce a leap in your spiritual growth. It will be well worth swallowing your pride and yielding to My Spirit, says the Lord.
Mark 4:39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

You are entering a short season that will require continued flexibility. The more determined you are to have your way and the more rigid you are in keeping your schedule the more difficulties you will face. If you will hold your plans loosely it will be easier to make changes when necessary. Be sensitive to the leading of My Spirit. As you yield to My flow, I will move you in a flow of blessings that will serve you well, says the Lord.
Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns

Distractions will diminish your spiritual connection because you develop world focus instead of kingdom focus. Distractions cause worry rather than faith, and allow a spirit of fear to come in. Stay focused on things that have eternal value. Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

While Traveling Through This World
As we travel through this world
There are toils and snares along the way,
We have no reason to fear or falter,
We have a Savior who hears us, as we pray.
Though the trials be great or small
We have one who will always care,
Jesus will be there, when you call,
Your every burden, our Savor will bear.
When we know the Living Water of life
We can safely abide in Him,
One day, if we follow on with the Savior,
With joy, we'll leave this old world of sin.
In all eternity, we shall be with our Lord
on heaven's golden shores.
Keep the faith and trust fully in Him,
We'll behold the Master's face, forevermore.
Blessings In Christ,
Jo Ann Kelly

Where He Leads I Will Follow
Wherever He Will Lead us
Our Path is sure to go
Beyond the gates of heaven
Where love will always flow
No evil there awaits us
Just softness and life's glow
Eternity before you
His gift no more sorrow
Upon the meadows softness
Within the land so blessed
Our life within His Heaven
In comfort we take rest
In life our Dear Companion
Whose always at our side
To guide us and protect us
His Footsteps never hide
For He is always with us
No matter what we do
Giving us great courage
With love to get us through
When journey in life ends here
He'll reach His Hand to lift
The spirit of His children
Who'll share His Blessed gift.
Francine Pucillo

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. Psalm 139:13-18

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

This is what The Lord Almighty says:Give careful thought to your ways. Haggai 1:7

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:23-27

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16

Desires of Our Heart
We often talk about the gift of Salvation as a transformation of the heart. Jesus came to give us eternal life through faith in Him and His sacrifice on the cross. His death established a new covenant for all who would come to Him in faith; "This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sin" (Matthew 26:28).
When we enter into this covenant we are transformed; "I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26). This is the same transformation referred to by Paul: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17). It is also referred to as the "circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit" (Romans 2:29).
As we continue our walk with God - as we continue our journey with a new and transformed heart - we begin a process of being "conformed to the likeness of His Son" (Romans 8:29). This transformation, which begins in our heart, continues for all the rest of our days. We may call this process growth or maturity, but the result is a heart which is becoming more and more like Jesus.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
This verse is sometimes misinterpreted to say that God has promised to fulfill all our current desires. There are people all over the world thinking that if they "pursue" God, they will receive an increase in their financial status - a better job, a nicer car, or a bigger home. This is a sad misapplication of scripture! When we are far from God, our heart is full of worldly desires. Apart from God, we will spend a lifetime trying to fulfill these desires only to find we are never satisfied or content.
But God says we need not spend our life chasing these unfulfilling desires. As we are diligent to draw close to God, learn of His ways, and become obedient to His commands, He gives us new desires - the desires of Jesus. As we love the Lord with all our heart, our current desires are replaced with something infinitely better. The single desire of Jesus was to glorify His Father by completing the work He was given to do (John 17:4). Jesus was content beyond our comprehension because He was truly one with His Heavenly Father!
The wonderful blessing from God is that as we delight in Him, He transforms our desires and also gives us the ability to fulfill these desires. This is the only way we will ever find true contentment and peace. Let's learn to live each moment delighting in our Lord. Let's allow Him to continue the transformation by giving us, and then teaching us how to satisfy, the desires of our heart. Have a Christ Centered Day! --Steve Troxel

"I Am Not Far From You"
Child of Mine, don't be discouraged in those times when it feels like I am very far away. I want you to know that I am with you always, even when you cannot sense My nearness. And just as I promised, I will never abandon you. I am every bit your loving Father, even when you don't feel that you are at your best spiritually. I do not reject you during those times, and I do not throw you away. No child, I am not disappointed with you and I have not disqualified you.
Dear child, I want you to know that you are just as loved when you feel distant from Me as you are when we are in the deepest of fellowship and intimacy. The fact remains that you are My own dear child, no matter what your feelings tell you. I am a loving Father and I am good, and I do not reject My own simply because they are having a bad day (or a bad week, or a bad month or even a bad year). It is always in My heart to restore you and to draw you close again. It doesn't matter whether or not you feel loved -- My love for you will not fail. It doesn't matter whether or not you think that are at your best spiritually -- I will not abandon you or push you away. It doesn't matter how dirty or unworthy you may feel at the moment -- you are still My own dear child. I will not abandon you. There are different things that cause you to feel as though you are far away from Me. I understand them all, and I deal with each one differently--but I do deal with them, because I truly do desire for you to feel close to Me again. I want to saturate you in My presence, and I want to overwhelm your senses with My nearness. Child, I want to bless you and I want to bring you into deeper intimacy with Me. I am about to refresh your spirit and to restore hope. Can you trust in My goodness and believe that I am really going to do that? Yes, dear one, I am going to break through the driest desert and blow My sweet refreshment upon you. I am going to wash over you with My river of life, and make My living water once again burst forth out of your belly. I want to give rest to your weary soul, and I want to break every shred of discouragement off of you. I want to shower you in My goodness and I want to flood your senses with My nearness. I am a God who delights in His own and I have every intention of drawing you close to Me once again. Don't be afraid, dear one. I am not going to push you away, no matter how dirty you feel. I am not going to abandon you, no matter how alone or isolated you may feel at the moment. Your feelings may lie to you, but I do not lie. I am your Loving heavenly Father, and I am never far from you. So take heart, dear one, for I am very near to you. --Author Unknown

Dear Father God: We come to You today, and lay aside our selfish wishes, asking that they be replaced with Your plans and purpose for us.
Father, Search our hearts, our minds and our souls, removing all prideful behaviors, and attitudes which may puff us up.
Lord, Remind us today, that we are no more precious than another one of Your children, and may Your love fill our very souls.
Father, Help us to understand the needs of others, and help us to be the very vessel used, in order to fill those needs.
Father, Thank You for Your love and Your wisdom, for imparting the Holy Spirit to lead us today, and for showing us the perfect pathway where we are to walk, to serve, and to witness for
You ... and only for You, for Your Glory! In the name of Jesus, we pray, we trust ... and we do believe, giving You all praise, honor, glory and thanks, Amen --Sandra Lewis Pringle

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 36
1 Also, thou son of man, prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord: 2 Thus saith the Lord God; Because the enemy hath said against you, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in possession: 3 Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Because they have made you desolate, and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people: 4 Therefore, ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God; Thus saith the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the desolate wastes, and to the cities that are forsaken, which became a prey and derision to the residue of the heathen that are round about; 5 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey. 6 Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen: 7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame. 8 But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come. 9 For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown: 10 And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded: 11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the Lord. 12 Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men. 13 Thus saith the Lord God; Because they say unto you, Thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations: 14 Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord God. 15 Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord God. 16 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. 18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: 19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. 20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land. 21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. 22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel. 33 Thus saith the Lord God; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. 34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. 35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited. 36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the Lord build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the Lord have spoken it, and I will do it. 37 Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. 38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Gracious God, thank you for being attentive to the voices of your children. May we bring our prayers to you with confidence, remembering the model that Jesus gave us: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."* Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply