Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

Character Building Part 08 - Walking with Jesus

by Gail Rodgers
This journey of life was meant to be traveled with Jesus. He wants to direct our footsteps. He desires to share our journey and travel through each season with us. As life crowds in, and the worries of the world bombard us, we often forget that Jesus is right there beside us. Walking with Jesus will cause us to grow in our character.

A wise woman grows in her walk with God…
This woman has a loving adoration for her God. She desires God’s truth to be revealed in her life. She searches to understand God’s ways and to walk in them. She faces reality and looks truth square in the face, knowing Jesus walks with her. She lives her life with an attitude that says “Yes, Lord”.
A woman who desires to grow in her walk with God will make time to schedule appointment times to spend with Him. She looks to His Word and listens for His still, small voice to speak to her. She enjoys time talking and listening to God in prayer. Her life will become her worship as she responds to the greatness of God!
“Humility and the fear of the LORD brings wealth, honor and life.” Proverbs 22:4
To grow in the fear (awe) of the Lord ask Him to increase your love for Him and your desire for His Word. The deep desires of your soul will be met as you grow in walking with the Savior.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I do desire to know You better. Yet my schedule is so full I hardly have time to read Your Word. I pray on the run. Thank you that You still hear and answer. I know that the deep refreshment I long for is available in Your presence. Increase my desire to spend some quiet time before You. Grow in me the desire to be truthful in my inner being about the ways I need Your help and wisdom. Help me to grow in my attitude of allowing You to shape my character and my life. Show me Your awesomeness once again. Renew my love for You. I want to draw near.
In Jesus’ powerful name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply