Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default What Addicts Do!

Quote:

What Addicts Do

My name's Jon. I'm an addict. And this is what addicts do.

You cannot nor will not change my behavior. You cannot make me treat you better, let alone with any respect.

All I care about, all I think about, is my needs and how to go about fulfilling them. You are a tool to me, something to use.

When I say I love you I am lying through my teeth, because love is impossible for someone in active addiction. I wouldn't be using if I loved myself, and since I don't, I cannot love you.

My feelings are so pushed down and numbed by my drugs that I could be considered sociopath. I have no empathy for you or anyone else. It doesn't faze me that I hurt you, leave you hungry, lie to you, cheat on you and steal from you.

My behavior cannot and will not change until i make a decision to stop using/drinking and then follow it up with a plan of action.

And until I make that decision, I will hurt you again and again and again.

Stop being surprised.

I am an addict. And that's what addicts do.

-author unknown
A good remember when. My son is in active addiction and I am grateful that I no longer there and have no desire to go back to where I came from.

The addict isn't just prescription or street drugs. Alcohol, food, gambling, and other substance are symptoms of our disease. I need to remember that no matter what I pick up to get out of self, the problem is me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply